Weight of Bontrager 29er rim ????- Mtbr.com
    Lazy People Suck

Weight of Bontrager 29er rim ????

Does anybody know the weights of the Bontrager RaceLite and RaceXLite rims? I believe they are the same rim and are basically a larger version of the the Bontrager Mustang.

I have a Gary Fisher Paragon that I have ordered and plan to race this year and am trying to figure out if I should build up a lighter raceday wheelset or if I can simply take the existing wheel and replace the straight gauge spokes and brass nipples with some Xrays or Revolutions and alloy nipples and go with that. For me the key would be what the rim weight would be. Hub weight does not bother me so much.
    "Son, The world needs ditchdiggers, too"-Ted Knight, Caddyshack

Recovering couch patato
    The wheels won't be light, but it's not the rims, all I've seen were 470-490g. Don't worry too much until you've ridden.

This place needs an enema
    Quote Originally Posted by Fett
    Does anybody know the weights of the Bontrager RaceLite and RaceXLite rims? I believe they are the same rim and are basically a larger version of the the Bontrager Mustang.

I have a Gary Fisher Paragon that I have ordered and plan to race this year and am trying to figure out if I should build up a lighter raceday wheelset or if I can simply take the existing wheel and replace the straight gauge spokes and brass nipples with some Xrays or Revolutions and alloy nipples and go with that. For me the key would be what the rim weight would be. Hub weight does not bother me so much.
    Lightest I've seen 'em were 498g/rim. Most average 510-515/rim.

Unless you're sub 140lbs, Revs + 700c = asking for trouble. Stick with SuperComps, even for race wheels.

MC

Members who have read this thread: 0