Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by king_dave72 View Post
    I'm interested in it, too. 120 f and r suspension. 2 bottle cages. Can run 27.5 or 29 with 2.8 or 2.6 clearance respectively. Threaded BB. Word is they can customize your build somewhat if you call them.
    They actually have you enter key measurements and will make changes to things like stem, bars etc.. based on those.
    OG Ripley v2

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleMtnSlayer View Post
    Not sure why Fezzari isnít one of the cool brands. They are light and cheap with a lifetime warranty. Designed by some nerds in Utah. The Signal Peak geo is a bit old school for my tastes but the La Sal looks amazing for a do it all 29er.
    I think they just improved the antisquat on their bikes which should help get them more in the spotlight. A lot of their bikes where dated geo. So YT took a lot of the business.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Fezzari needs to change their name. It's an awful name.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by richulr View Post
    Fezzari needs to change their name. It's an awful name.
    Yup most important thing I look for in a bike
    OG Ripley v2

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    The name would never stop me from getting a bike either. In fact, the Abajo Peak is on my list of possible candidates. But that doesn't mean their name doesn't suck, and anyone will tell you marketing and image are important if they want to grow.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Gonna go for the Trance 29 Pro Frame, ticks all the boxes, no n Gatineau that I can see.

Thanks for all the spirited discussion. I didnít even know about the Trance 29 until it was mentioned on this thread.
    Lrg GG Pedalhead 29/27+ (for sale)
    XMed GG Smash 29/27+
    Lrg Fezzari Signal Peak 29/27+
    Lrg Pivot Shuttle 27+ (wife's)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurse Ben View Post
    Gonna go for the Trance 29 Pro Frame, ticks all the boxes, no n Gatineau that I can see.

Thanks for all the spirited discussion. I didnít even know about the Trance 29 until it was mentioned on this thread.
    Did you find out what the frame weight is?
    Riding: '91 Carbon Epic Stumpjumper w/1" Slicks and a Rack on the Back

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Iím in a holding pattern, bought a Shuttle for my wife, so itíll be a bit before I get a new frame, still doing demos, in the meantime Iíve got two wheel sets for the Smash.
    XMed GG Smash 29/27+

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Looking real hard at the Fezzari Signal Peak. Not a ton of info on them, but I can easily demo one in SLC when I visit my kids. Weight is the same as a Sniper NM.

Also, two water bottles and room for a frame bag, way more bikepacking friendly than most of the bikes I'm looking at.

The love or leave it 30 day guarantee is a nice benefit, as is the lifetime warranty.

$2800 for a frame, Fox Factory shock, Pike RCT3.

Geo is not ideal, kinda steep at 68 deg (120mm fork), though I'd likely run a 130mm, probably looking at an XL cuz I like a long reach. CS is one of the shortest of the bikes I'm looking at.

After the New Year... review to follow.
    Last edited by Nurse Ben; 11-21-2018 at 01:16 PM.
    XMed GG Smash 29/27+

mtbr member
    Fezzari has really got me interested in their products. I love all the stuff you mentioned. Their bikes also seem to be very light. Hopefully that doesnít mean flexy too. In additional to all that they have one of if not the most comprehensive website full of info to help us non-bike shop going people. I really like the idea of being able to directly communicate with the manufacturer and that they want to help problem solve, kinda filling the bike shop role.

I hear theyíre releasing an ebike in the next two weeks. All of my buddies just got Ď19 Levos so I might be buying my first Fezz.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Yup, very informative and very helpful, spoke to a Fezzari CS guy yesterday who laid out all the options, he even went and talked to an engineer after I mentioned running a shorter offset. Their CS and product selection process reminds me of a Guerilla Gravity.

I'm thinking Fox SC 34 120mm (44mm offset), Fox 34 130mm, or Pike RTC3 130mm (42mm offset).

Frame also take 29 x 2.6 and 27.5 x 2.8, 2100gm without shock.

I'm not a huge fan of bright green, but the midnight blue is close enough to black for me.

Off Topic: As to ebikes, having had a Levo hardtail and FSR in our stable (wife's bikes), we recently upgraded to the "best of the best", a Pivot Shuttle. All I can say is there are lots of ebikes out there, but there is only one Shuttle. It was well worth the money, nothing else even comes close. We found one on sale for 25% off, 8k out the door!

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleMtnSlayer View Post
    Fezzari has really got me interested in their products. I love all the stuff you mentioned. Their bikes also seem to be very light. Hopefully that doesnít mean flexy too. In additional to all that they have one of if not the most comprehensive website full of info to help us non-bike shop going people. I really like the idea of being able to directly communicate with the manufacturer and that they want to help problem solve, kinda filling the bike shop role.

I hear theyíre releasing an ebike in the next two weeks. All of my buddies just got Ď19 Levos so I might be buying my first Fezz.
    Last edited by Nurse Ben; 11-21-2018 at 01:14 PM.
    XMed GG Smash 29/27+

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12