WANTED: 10-Speed GripShift XX / XO (i.e. GripShift, the origins of SRAM)- Mtbr.com
    Where's Toto?

WANTED: 10-Speed GripShift XX / XO (i.e. GripShift, the origins of SRAM)

Duplicate of my post over on the SRAM board, but since they're going on my 29'er I figured it was worth the redundancy [ http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=652581 ]...

WANTED: SRAM – please make a 10-speed XX/XO GripShift. GripShift is the cornerstone of SRAM. If you abandon it for triggers only, you’re basically saying the Big S was right all along. TWISTIES Please....

Hoping for a reveal at Interbike 2010.

[Yes I know there is a guy in Europe converting 9-speed XO GripShift to 10-speed....but I want the real thing]

mtbr member
    I 2nd this please been twisted since sachs days thank you...

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    Oh for the love of god, give them twisters so they'll stop whining about it in every sub-forum...

god... a hundred people want something so that's apparently enough for SRAM to waste a million tooling up to produce something that sells poorly and is ignored by all the OEM buyers now.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeEight
    Oh for the love of god, give them twisters so they'll stop whining about it in every sub-forum...

god... a hundred people want something so that's apparently enough for SRAM to waste a million tooling up to produce something that sells poorly and is ignored by all the OEM buyers now.
    Hahahaha. Having learned a fair bit of the manufacturing process (and the crazy-a$$ costs) I just had to laugh.

Bryan d
    Just keep pedaling, don't stop pedaling.

I hate that name.
    Quote Originally Posted by endure26
    you’re basically saying the Big S was right all along.
    I thought that was understood a long time ago when they started making their own triggers
    Worked at Trek/Fisher dealer 2008-2013. Only a little biased.

Rigid in Evergreen
    The only reason we started using GripShift was because Shimano and Suntour quit making XT / XC-Pro thumb shifters.

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    Well not so much because they stopped making thumbshifters as because they decided to stop making the shifters seperate from the brake levers. Gripshift only started getting OEM sales (and without those SRAM would have remained a tiny little company) because manufacturers wanted to use something other than shimano's STI setup of brake lever and rapidfire shifter. If say, they wanted to run DiaCompe Brake levers... or Ritchey, or any other component maker of brake lever and brakes but still use shimano derailleurs, their shifter choices came down to leftover stock of Shimano thumbshifters (meaning 7 speed drivetrains) or sachs or sram twist-grip shifters. By the mid-90s shimano listened to the market though and began to split the shifters and brake levers apart again (when V-brakes came around) and that pretty quickly led to loss of interest in SRAM.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    I really want a pair of 10s grip shifters too.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011

mtbr member
    I want some 10 speed gripshifters too.
    Good enough for world xc champion to win with.

mtbr member
    Lack of grip shifters is the main reason I have not gone to 10speed and was pleasantly surprised after seeing the interbike pictures

Members who have read this thread: 0