The Vulture...renewed...- Mtbr.com
    Recovering Weight Weenie

The Vulture...renewed...

Okay….a bit of a new set up for the Vulture…
    *A new WB .8 for up front…untested as of yet.
    *The Azonic bars back on…28.5” of love, with the sweep of the angels…I can run these again now that I’m using suspension. EC70DH are on the Lenz.
    *A new Boone Ti cog.
    *A new PC-7x chain.
    *A new Motoraptor for out back.
    *A flashy new top cap.

Aug 2004

You're bike nutty this week...

Lookin' good Padre,
    With all the new Lenz excitement, I'm glad to see you giving the Vulture some love
    I'm still piecing my new 29er Vulture together, waiting on the fork and a couple of parts...
    Glad to see you're having fun.
    Jefe'

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Good Lookin' Ride, How tall is that Headtube?

What general size equivalent is that frame? TT? HT? I personally like a taller headtube than most 29ers are. I think that most manufacturers have taken what Gary Fisher developed and are using that as a basis for their own geometry. There is obviously some good reasoning behind it, though.

dirty hippy mountainbiker

fork measurments

Yo Padre,

Did the fork change the angle at all?
    Mike Henderson, Dirty Hippy Mountain Biker and part owner of Jet Lites.

Recovering Weight Weenie
    Quote Originally Posted by JMKM
    What general size equivalent is that frame? TT? HT? I personally like a taller headtube than most 29ers are. I think that most manufacturers have taken what Gary Fisher developed and are using that as a basis for their own geometry. There is obviously some good reasoning behind it, though.
    Not sure. I wish I had requested it larger though...by at least an inch or so.
    It's at least 6".

Recovering Weight Weenie
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfy
    Yo Padre,

Did the fork change the angle at all?
    The WB has a shorter AtoC height by about 1/4".
    The rake on the WB seems to be kicked out more.
    As far as headangle goes, I have no idea...it came from the builder slacker than normal though, per my request.

Oh yes, Ethan,
    none of these updates will make me faster at the VQ. But, the WB is at least 2lbs lighter than the Marz, so at least I won't be slower!

mtbr member

... and if we just ...

Quote Originally Posted by Padre
    Okay….a bit of a new set up for the Vulture…
    *A new WB .8 for up front…untested as of yet.
    *The Azonic bars back on…28.5” of love, with the sweep of the angels…I can run these again now that I’m using suspension. EC70DH are on the Lenz.
    *A new Boone Ti cog.
    *A new PC-7x chain.
    *A new Motoraptor for out back.
    *A flashy new top cap.

I will do you a favor and ride it

Cold. Blue. Steel.

work?

i have been looking into new career choices; and looking at your bikes these days...
    let's see; a new Lenz, decked out to the nines and a new WB.08 on the mack daddy Vulture, and we know what the wife is riding... hmmm...
    i want to do what Padre does for a living. (what do you do, by the way?! )

let us know how it rides. try not to use lofty terms, like "angelic" 'cause it throws us off the aggro path.
    Spinning and Grinning...

Recovering Weight Weenie
    Quote Originally Posted by OneGearGuy
    i have been looking into new career choices; and looking at your bikes these days...
    let's see; a new Lenz, decked out to the nines and a new WB.08 on the mack daddy Vulture, and we know what the wife is riding... hmmm...
    i want to do what Padre does for a living. (what do you do, by the way?! )

let us know how it rides. try not to use lofty terms, like "angelic" 'cause it throws us off the aggro path.
    hehe...
    I'm actually unemployed...officially.
    As my moniker, I'm a padre....for real...but I don't play for the Romans...I play for the protesters...more specifically, I'm a pastor to jr. high and high school students at evangelical Christian church(s)... are you suuuure you want to do what I do for a living? =)

BUT, as I stated, I'm unemployed officially...the Lenz was something I'd been saving for a while...selling my Bullit helped pay for it, as well as my vacation hours I cashed in. I sold a Marz Super T to pay for the new .8 on the Vulture.

The term angelic took me a while to come up with.. i was going to say "sweep of the gods..." but then I didn't want to pass off the idea that I thought evidence indicated more than 1 god...so I searched for a different term...I think angelic works...perhaps....glorious?

Cold. Blue. Steel.
    hehe...
    I'm actually unemployed...officially.
    As my moniker, I'm a padre....for real...but I don't play for the Romans...I play for the protesters...more specifically, I'm a pastor to jr. high and high school students at evangelical Christian church(s)... are you suuuure you want to do what I do for a living? =)

BUT, as I stated, I'm unemployed officially...the Lenz was something I'd been saving for a while...selling my Bullit helped pay for it, as well as my vacation hours I cashed in. I sold a Marz Super T to pay for the new .8 on the Vulture.

The term angelic took me a while to come up with.. i was going to say "sweep of the gods..." but then I didn't want to pass off the idea that I thought evidence indicated more than 1 god...so I searched for a different term...I think angelic works...perhaps....glorious?
    glorious is a good one. i had no idea, "Padre." now it makes sense. i would think that your physique goes over pretty well with adolescent boys. especially when you tell them about crushing mountains on your SS!
    i don't know that i am cut out for your job- i don't think dudes who are born Jewish qualify, lol!
    but unemployment sounds familiar, though right now i am scrambling with 2 jobs and real estate school. i am selling my klein palomino frame (or complete) and my '92 Cannondale track bike (i am original owner) to pay for a WaltWorks!
    Spinning and Grinning...

Recovering Weight Weenie
    Quote Originally Posted by OneGearGuy
    glorious is a good one. i had no idea, "Padre." now it makes sense. i would think that your physique goes over pretty well with adolescent boys. especially when you tell them about crushing mountains on your SS!
    i don't know that i am cut out for your job- i don't think dudes who are born Jewish qualify, lol!
    but unemployment sounds familiar, though right now i am scrambling with 2 jobs and real estate school. i am selling my klein palomino frame (or complete) and my '92 Cannondale track bike (i am original owner) to pay for a WaltWorks!
    Come on now...adolescent boys???? I told you I bat for the protestants..not the Romans... the protestant church hasn't had that same sad "issue."

"Cut out..." ha!

I did bring on of my students riding last fall. He's a cross-country runner, onlyon the JV team..but he borrowed my wife's 1x1 and was scrambling up some of our toughest trails on his first try...he wasn't even out of breath.....

dirty hippy mountainbiker

Head to head

Padre,

Why don't you post some side by side pics of the Vulture and the Lenz? You know, to compare.

Then you need to come up with som kind of backpack system so you can go for a ride on the vulture and have the Lenz on your back so you can switch bikes as the trail conditions dictate.
    Mike Henderson, Dirty Hippy Mountain Biker and part owner of Jet Lites.

Recovering Weight Weenie
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfy
    Padre,

Why don't you post some side by side pics of the Vulture and the Lenz? You know, to compare.
    I'll put that on my short list...

Cold. Blue. Steel.

holy cow!

Come on now...adolescent boys???? I told you I bat for the protestants..not the Romans... the protestant church hasn't had that same sad "issue."

"Cut out..." ha!

I did bring on of my students riding last fall. He's a cross-country runner, onlyon the JV team..but he borrowed my wife's 1x1 and was scrambling up some of our toughest trails on his first try...he wasn't even out of breath.....
    i just re-read my words and they sound like a double entendre! i meant that impressionable boys would probably listen to you (out of a mixture of fear and respect) due to your 6'6" stature. i am laughing at myself thinking of the off-hand joke that this could have turned into!
    my mother works with middle school kids as a peer counseling coordinator and always has all kinds of stories... yikes.

how 'bout a side by side of your new Lenz and your updated bird of prey?!
    Spinning and Grinning...