Voodoo Canzo 29'er rear shock spacers- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Voodoo Canzo 29'er rear shock spacers

Hi all, i was wondering what are the spacer width's of the top and bottom rear shock on the canzo 29'er series by voodoo.

wanted to upgrade to the new 2011 rp2 so plz respond asap.

aka "SirLurkAlot"
    Mar 2010
    you can find what you need in this thread that I started some time ago:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=606120

I had the same idea but ultimately just kept the Radium which works fine

aka "SirLurkAlot"
    Mar 2010
    ALSO: mtnbiker4life can hook you up with anything that you need. You can find him in the classifieds as well. He can get the bushings, tools, etc.

I hope that helps. It took me a long time to find this info and sharing it is why I stopped "lurking"!

mtbr member
    thanks so much guy, when i put in the order i told them to mention my frame so they can get me the right spacers but alas they gave me the wrong ones.

mtbr member
    Have you called Fox?

mtbr member
    not yet

i did email voodoo and they said the spacer widths are

50 X 6 top

25 X 6 bottom.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    curious to hear more about your experience with the Radium. I have a Canzo frame on the way and was considering upgrading to a shock with adjustable platform (my lbs would give me a good deal at time of purchase...). EDIT -- I'm about 190lbs, ordered a size large frame, and it'll be an XC kind of build...
    Last edited by uknathank; 08-05-2010 at 07:24 AM.

mtbr member
    do you think i can get them for free from fox? cause it about 13$ plus another 13$ shipping

aka "SirLurkAlot"
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by uknathank
    curious to hear more about your experience with the Radium. I have a Canzo frame on the way and was considering upgrading to a shock with adjustable platform (my lbs would give me a good deal at time of purchase...). EDIT -- I'm about 190lbs, ordered a size large frame, and it'll be an XC kind of build...

uknathank,

I'm assuming that you're referring to me. I personally feel that the Radium is well suited to this frame and has few flaws. The bike works best, suspension design wise, when you are seated. It's only when you really hammer standing that the suspension bobs considerably. Keep in mind that I'm running mine as a SS so it's more of an issue.

That said, it's just not worth the upgrade IMO. When you evaluate the cost of the new shock as a percentage of the cost of the frame, it's over 40% in my case. Then factor in the various tunings of RP23's and you may not get what you're seeking. Each is tuned differently (compression, rebound, etc) and so you really need to choose carefully. It would be nice to have platform damping but it would only be an issue when standing. I'm waiting for the lockout that Manitou is developing for it. That will solve my issues just fine. I haven't spoken to them recently but it was slated for late summer/early fall.

I hope that helps.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    thanks haskkire, for your input -- very helpful. [by the way, I believe that the current batch of Canzos comes with the Radium RL, which actually has lockout. I was told by Voodoo that next year's will have a Rock Shox Monarch shock, I think w/ adjustable platform damping.]

aka "SirLurkAlot"
    Mar 2010
    uknathank,

Yes, the Radium has lockout but I'm referring to a remote lockout (ie at the handlebar). The lockout is really difficult to access and the shock cannot be rotated 180* to place it on the front of the shock. I know because I tried. The lever hits the rocker arm.

It's fine if you're only going to lock it out occasionally and for long climbs. For my application in tight twisty singletrack with short climbs, it's not practical to reach down and try to lock it out lot's of times for each mile of trail.

I think it's a non-issue for most. The suspension works well seated.

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    I hated the Monarch, shock gave me constant issues... sold it on ebay and went to Risse Racing and got the custom made Astro shock... they build the shock for you after asking a bunch of questions... thing way out performs the Monarch. never tried the radium on the voodoo but got one on my K2 and it's nice... would replace with a Risse shock if $$$ would allow though. very reasonable price too.. start at $250... and top out at $350... kinda inexpensive for a CUSTOM shock!!
    Going to try and bring Trail Tire TV back. go take a look... http://trailtiretv.blogspot.com/

Members who have read this thread: 0