Voodoo Aizan review- Mtbr.com
    My gloves stink

Voodoo Aizan review

Copied off the VooDoo website:

November 29 - Home.
    Made it home last night only to find the temperature to be 19 degrees. ugh. Oh well, about the Aizan... Damn fine ride. Spent 5.5 hours on it riding from Carmel, Ca to Laguna-Seca Raceway, around the Sea Otter course trails, and back to Carmel. It handled great, I am convinced that a half inch shorter top tube is perfect for the big wheels. The only question is toe overlap. I have big feet and they just clear the front wheel with a Bontrager tire on it. It was a lot stiffer than I anticipated, but still way better than the Sobo for comfort. A carbon post would be nice, but they are just not long enough. The Kalloy one I have on there is at its limit, so maybe a Thomson 410mm is the answer. 29'ers always seem to climb great, and this one is no exception. I have a Conti 28 inch tire on the back and never once slipped out. The bike is fast too. Wether its a rough descent, fast turn, or just plain ol' singletrack it rips. So to anyone thinking about waiting until BTI gets them, it will be worth it. Ciao - John

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    I have a Niner air nine geared bike and a Voodoo Aizan single speed and have toe overlap on the Voodoo. I only feel the toe overlap from time to time on twisty singletrack. I only have a 10.5 - 11 shoe size. The bike is beautiful in my opinion and accelerates and handles well but the sliding dropout and toe overlap drive me crazy.

widebody
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by eischman
    I have a Niner air nine geared bike and a Voodoo Aizan single speed and have toe overlap on the Voodoo. I only feel the toe overlap from time to time on twisty singletrack. I only have a 10.5 - 11 shoe size. The bike is beautiful in my opinion and accelerates and handles well but the sliding dropout and toe overlap drive me crazy.
    Do you have a lock nut on the tensioning screws? That was a simple fix for me. Toe overlap? I wear a size 9 shoe though.