Vassago Help- Mtbr.com

Thread: Vassago Help

mtbr member

Vassago Help

I am currently attempting to acquire a Jabberwocky through my LBS. They have left numerous messages with Vassago and have yet to receive a reply. Is Vassgo still in business?

Thanks

mtbr member
    This is Kris Fowler, original founder of Vassago Cycles. As some of you may know, back in 2009 I chose to leave the company to tend to my daughter who was fighting cancer at the time. While still undergoing treatments, my daughter is doing well and I have recently returned.

In my absence, Vassago has grown to be much more that I set out to achieve. While the investors are happy, I feel that the company's success has lost the small, grassroots, underground feel that I originally intended.

So, effective January 3rd 2011, all model availability is on hold and unavailable until we reevaluate the company structure and our priorities here at Vassago. Also, I have removed my current sales staff so calls will be routed directly to one of only three of us who remain on staff during this transition back to our roots.

New products and model redesigns will be posted here as info becomes available. Here's to a great new year!
    http://www.vassagocycles.com/importe...-the-helm.html
    :wq

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Have your LBS order you a Salsa El Mariachi instead.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by phsycle
    Have your LBS order you a Salsa El Mariachi instead.
    That is what I originally wanted to get but QBP has all the new ones slated for "Salsa Dealers" and my LBS would not be able to get one until June or July. So now it may be the Soma Juice.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Maybe order from bikeman.com? No tax and free shipping. I'd hate to get a 3rd choice frame due to my LBS not being able to get it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by phsycle
    Maybe order from bikeman.com? No tax and free shipping. I'd hate to get a 3rd choice frame due to my LBS not being able to get it.
    Yeah, I kinda feel like I'm settling for something less but I like supporting my local shop since its only 4 blocks from my house. I will check out the bikeman web site.

Did I catch a niner+?
    The Soma I hear is a nice frame and I don't think I would be settling although I would take a El Mar over a Vassago (Fisticuff owner here) any day. I am very interested in their new drop outs. I am also in general a Salsa fan (hometown bikes).
    Mr. Krabs: Is it true, Squidward? Is it hilarious?

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Nbbikes.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by S:Drive
    Nbbikes.com
    They show it listed on their web site but they dont have the size I need in stock. I called them earlier today. Thanks

mtbr member
    Don't buy a frame because you have to settle. All you'll be doing is wishing for the frame you really wanted and cursing yourself for not being more paient. Try hard to get the frame you want or wait till the summer to get Salsa, if your local bike shop can't get what you want go somewhere else.

Trust me I rode a frame for two years and tried to lie to myslef saying it was better than what I wanted origanlly. I bought the frame I origanly wanted for christmas and am beyond happy.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    There are few jabberwocky frames (16 and 20") for sale on eBay right now....

mtbr member
    Huck and Roll has (according to their website) 16" and 20" in stock right now.
    link

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    I am on the hunt for an 18" Jabberwocky if anyone knows where one is available either new or used.

Thanks!
    [

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by KonaSS
    I am on the hunt for an 18" Jabberwocky if anyone knows where one is available either new or used.

Thanks!
    I just typed "vassago bicycles" into google and this shop came up as like the fourth or fifth link. Maybe give them a call? I haven't seen anyone mention them. I am in missouri, and I think google is smart enough to know that so that might be why it came up for me.

Its got what plants crave
    I'd recommend buying a bike from somebody who actually picks up the phone and ships their products on a reasonable time frame (and with all of the accessories that should be included), and if questioned about this doesn't respond with flames, excuses, or wise ass replies but rather friendly customer service.

Milk was a bad choice.
    Ocala Mountain Bike Association - www.omba.org

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Sounds like the captain is back so now we can't get any frames from them! Nice. So he fired the sales people. This all just does not make any sense. To bad , I have a Jaberwocky and it is a great frame for a single speed set up. Now I wanted a Fisticuff and can't buy one. Complete radio silence from them. No Email replies or returned phone calls. What is this guy thinking!!!

ilmfat
    Mar 2007
    id just get the el mar frame from a salsa dealer. get ur parts and build from your lbs. if the shop guys salty, you need a new shop.

ilmfat
    Mar 2007

Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim311
    I'd recommend buying a bike from somebody who actually picks up the phone and ships their products on a reasonable time frame (and with all of the accessories that should be included), and if questioned about this doesn't respond with flames, excuses, or wise ass replies but rather friendly customer service.

Milk was a bad choice.
    Ditto on that. Had a Jabber. Now an El Mariachi. Much happier (better CS, better bike, IMO).

If you need an El Mariachi frame, these guys have some in stock:

http://www.hucknroll.com/salsa-2010-...mariachi-frame

They are local to me and they've been awesome to deal with. Actually got the Jabber frame from them. They sometimes have 5-20% off coupons, so check around.

ilmfat
    Mar 2007
    i got my jabber for 350 when huck n roll had em on sale. i wanted the el mar waaay bad.

glad i got the jabber, tho i might try the swingers next time around. idk.

i have an origin8 scout on order now.

don't fear the barleywine
    I always give the LBS the first shot, but they usually give me blank stares when I ask for most stuff.

These guys are super cool, gave me fast free shipping, a free T-shirt, and no tax... and no parts were missing. http://joyride-cycles.com/single-spe...berwocky-frame

and it's a very effing nice ride. very.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    FWIW I was in Trail's Edge today and they have both a black Jabber and a blue El Mar hanging on the wall. Not sure what sizes they were...

ilmfat
    Mar 2007
    if the el mar had the sukri color scheme, i totally woulda gone for it.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I'm on the hunt for an 18" green jabber frame to mate with my 18" blackout jabber. yep, i want two identical builds except for the color. I like them that much.

Vassago has answered my email a few weeks ago stating that models are currently in production and expect to be available in July.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    My understand from a conversation with a Vassago dealer this weekend was that Kris and his wife just had another baby, and that frames are currently in production but not shipping yet.

I get the impression that we'll start to see the frames shipping sometime in June.

Members who have read this thread: 0