Van Dessel Jersey Devil- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Van Dessel Jersey Devil

I'm considering purchasing a Van Dessel Jersey Devil and am wondering if anyone has had any experince with one,

Thanks,

Ray

is buachail foighneach me
    the 2007 24 hrs of allamuchy was won on it. looked like a cool bike.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Ray,
    You can do a search and find pictures of mine. I love it. I've built it up to 22lbs running 2x9 with a Lefty Carbon fork. It is solid - no issues in the rocks and roots of New Jersey and has handled more accidents and drops than it should.

Positives - carbon seat stays smooth out the ride (at least psychologically). It is nice and stiff without being abusive. I run with a Moots Laidback seatpost which helps smooth the ride. It is a beautiful bike.

Negatives - have scratched the paint a little too easily... that's about it.

I've used the bikes for endurance races and general trail riding and as far as hardtails go I couldn't ask for anything better.

By the way, I have a virtually new Jersey Devil with an SLX crankset that I'm putting up on ebay shortly. I bought it as a complete bike to steal parts to build up a singlespeed and thought a friend would buy the frame. That did not work out so I'm selling the frame. It is a size Large (good for about 5'9" to 6'1" in my view).

Barry

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I'm happy with my Ramble Tamble, which is a cousin of the JD. I agree with the weak paint .
    Idaho

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I stopped by the new Van Dessel HQ/shop in Mendham, New Jersey this afternoon. They were swamped getting cyclocross bikes shipped out and getting ready for Interbike. It was pretty awesome seeing a rack of about a dozen Jersey Devil frames and half a dozen Ramble Tambles as well. Very hard to walk out of a place like that without spending money.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    See if you can find an uncut Country Road Bob fork in there for me .
    Idaho

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    There's a Country Road Bob sitting right at the front door. It was tempting to sneak out with it while the gang was in the back packing up cyclocross bikes. I'm not sure what I'd do with the bike but it sure is cool looking.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Saw a new one being built up today, very nice color, and classy look with the panels. I have heard very positive reviews from a friend who rides one.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I commute to work on a CRB. Just wish they hadn't cut the fork so short. Too much seat to bar drop on a 56.
    Idaho

Members who have read this thread: 0