USA shop with sharp prices and fair shipping to EU?- Mtbr.com
    Recovering couch patato

USA shop with sharp prices and fair shipping to EU?

29" content : I need stuff for my 29" bikes, to be paid in US Dollars, from my Euro salary. :-)

I'm looking to order things like :
    Canecreek Thudbuster 3G (also one for a buddy), or even Tamer.
    Dimension Cork grips
    SRAM X FD
    Maybe an XO kit
    Salsa Carbon 660mm bar.
    Some other cool misc stuff.

I had my creditcard in hand, but the shop I wanted to order doesn't ship internationally anymore.

Some shops have nice pricing, but I pay like 30-40% shipping, which is stupid. For my type of order, really $30 of shipping should cover it.

Some shops are totally cool, and even 29" friendly, but only use MSRP prices to go 1% under them. I may as well order in Europe where I get a bit of discount.

Any tips for me please? My behind wants to give the Thud a try, and I HAVE to have the Dimension cork grips on other bikes, now I've felt them on my H-Bar.

Coolest would be if they were able to put a lower value on the package, so the customs won't get me for 5% + 19% + fixed duties.

Thanks in advance!

J

PS. Don't repond on here if you can help me out yourself, PM or email only!!!
    Klok - XC - Skate - Ski

mtbr member

cycle path

Quote Originally Posted by Cloxxki
    29" content : I need stuff for my 29" bikes, to be paid in US Dollars, from my Euro salary. :-)

I'm looking to order things like :
    Canecreek Thudbuster 3G (also one for a buddy), or even Tamer.
    Dimension Cork grips
    SRAM X FD
    Maybe an XO kit
    Salsa Carbon 660mm bar.
    Some other cool misc stuff.

I had my creditcard in hand, but the shop I wanted to order doesn't ship internationally anymore.

Some shops have nice pricing, but I pay like 30-40% shipping, which is stupid. For my type of order, really $30 of shipping should cover it.

Some shops are totally cool, and even 29" friendly, but only use MSRP prices to go 1% under them. I may as well order in Europe where I get a bit of discount.

Any tips for me please? My behind wants to give the Thud a try, and I HAVE to have the Dimension cork grips on other bikes, now I've felt them on my H-Bar.

Coolest would be if they were able to put a lower value on the package, so the customs won't get me for 5% + 19% + fixed duties.

Thanks in advance!

J

PS. Don't repond on here if you can help me out yourself, PM or email only!!!

I don't have experience with his over-pond shipping, but Bill Larson at Cycle Path is great to work with on nice parts for good prices, and his shipping is more than fair for what I've used him for. If you don't have his info and want it send me a PM.

Biz

Aug 2004
    Why not buy it from a shop over there? All the stuff you listed is available from QBP, and we ship internationally to our shops. Trying to take advantage of your favorable exchange rate on your own or something? ;-)

Recovering couch patato
    I've BEEN the QBP distributor myself, so I know what happens to US pricing before it's Eu pricing. I think right now with the strong Euro, I can be independant of bi-yearly orders from the local QBP distributor, plus the added LBS-to-me shipping, and get my stuff quick and dirty. I wanted to buy from Bikeman, that shop seems to rock, but won't ship internationally now.

Thanks, I know Bill, am on his list. Might have to ask him for a quote indeed.
    Klok - XC - Skate - Ski

jl
    climb
    Larry Mettler
    Mountain High Cyclery
    http://www.mtnhighcyclery.com/

970-669-7960
    emailto:[email protected]ast.net

I know he's shipped some Ventanas to Italy...
    Not LBS, maybe RBS (regional bike shop :-)...
    We don't need more to be thankful for; we just need to be more thankful.

giddy up!
    I sent you an email, let me know if that helps.

B
    www.thepathbikeshop.com

mtbr member
    Aren't they executing bike parts smugglers now?

Recovering couch patato
    Thanks for all the ideas guys, I think I'm set for now!!
    Klok - XC - Skate - Ski

Sofa King We Todd Did
    Ahhh, too late. I was going to offer to help you out. You see, I have a... uhm, cousin in Amsterdam who is holding on to a sizable money order for me. I'm sure your order would've been well under what this money order amounts to, so I was going to ask him to give you this money order and then you can Western Union me some the balance from this money order and I'll send you all the bike parts you need!

Don't worry, it's done all the time. My other cousins in Nigeria tell me so.

The Duuude, man...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloxxki
    Thanks for all the ideas guys, I think I'm set for now!!
    The guy on this board withe new Mt Tam is parting it out on ebay...includes some X9 SRAM parts...

Why not get a board regular to do your shopping for you, and you pay them, they ship to you...
    FS: Everything

mtbr member

Ditto Larry...

I believe he's also shipped shiite to OZ and NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by jl
    Larry Mettler
    Mountain High Cyclery
    http://www.mtnhighcyclery.com/

970-669-7960
    emailto:[email protected]

I know he's shipped some Ventanas to Italy...
    Not LBS, maybe RBS (regional bike shop :-)...
    Professional Amateur

Members who have read this thread: 0