Tyres... Size and choice?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Tyres... Size and choice?

I ride a Paragon that came with Bontrager XDX 2.1. I think it's a good tyre, but when the racing season starts, I plan on changing to Racing Ralph. Does anybody know if the 2.4 will fit on the Paragon? or should I go for the 2.25?
    Or are there other tyres out there, I should consider?

My riding and racing is mostly done in forest, hard packed gravel, roots and stuff like that. So i.m not looking for a mud tyre.

Cheers.
    Janowitz

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    They fit the 08 x-cal in front... Not sure if it sould fit in the back. I have 2.25 in the back..

Recovering couch patato
    It might complicate front derailer set up if you run a granny.
    Note that not all paragons are the same. Measure, read and compare. Or just get one 2.4 first. Lovely front anyway.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Thanks for the replys. I think i will buy a 2.4 and try it on the rear, and if it doesn't fit, I will put it op front and buy a 2.25 for the rear.
    I really enjoyed RR on my 26, so I'm looking forward to the riding on the big wheels.
    Not many of us in Denmark.
    Cloxxki are you from Holland?

Mar 2009

Paragon rider also

I am also riding an Paragon and looking to put on Racing Ralphs 2.4s or 2.25s depending on fit. Do you have the newer wider Bontrager Rythym Wheels or the older Race Wheels? The rim width could make a difference on the fit of the tire. (I have the older Race Rims but I am also looking at upgrade to the Rythym Rims).

Members who have read this thread: 0