tubes with removable valve core- Mtbr.com
    Flight Junkie

tubes with removable valve core

Since I'm hesitant to go Stan's right now, does anyone know of tubes that have a removable valve core? I want to be able to add some Stan's sealant to the inside of a tube. Someone said Schwalbe, but it's difficult to tell by their website which one it might be. Thanks

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Slime Light tubes

These have a removable core. However, they only come in 26". I installed on my 29er though, no problems yet.

www.badgercycles.com

Bontrager might

I picked up some bontrager tubes for the cross bike last night 19-25c one had a removable valve core but the other didnt so maybe the 29er tubes do but I would open some boxes and look. I had the same thought as you for the cross bike but how do we get the stans through the valve core? Syringe with large gauge needle?

featherweight clydesdale
    Quote Originally Posted by robpennell
    I had the same thought as you for the cross bike but how do we get the stans through the valve core? Syringe with large gauge needle?
    Syringe without the needle would probably work. The offfical Stan tool used to squirt through the value stem is nothing but a little squirt bottle with removable screw off top.

Flight Junkie

I was hoping these would work

Quote Originally Posted by Kansasflatlander
    These have a removable core. However, they only come in 26". I installed on my 29er though, no problems yet.
    How long have you been using these? They don't appear to be too heavy (212 grams reported). Have they sealed any holes for you yet? Thanks

rider
    Quote Originally Posted by Fattirewilly
    Syringe without the needle would probably work. The offfical Stan tool used to squirt through the value stem is nothing but a little squirt bottle with removable screw off top.
    The squirt bottle is old news. Stan now has this injector syringe.

http://www.notubes.com/syringe.htm

Haven't tried it. Still requires removable cores.

EPO
    Training in Mexico

Bontrager Tube Flava's

Bontrager offers two tubes for 29ers, the race version(comes in a silver box) has removeable cores.

Good luck.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Not long enough for a true test

Quote Originally Posted by IBIKEAZ
    How long have you been using these? They don't appear to be too heavy (212 grams reported). Have they sealed any holes for you yet? Thanks
    Just installed a few days ago, so no thorn experience yet. Tubes installed great though. And mine were 203 and 205 grams each.

Flight Junkie

thanks

I just ordered some of those tubes. I hope they work. That's good to hear about the weight. My Conti and Bontrager tubes (29er) weigh close to 220 grams without the slime.

Quote Originally Posted by Kansasflatlander
    Just installed a few days ago, so no thorn experience yet. Tubes installed great though. And mine were 203 and 205 grams each.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

One more thing

Quote Originally Posted by IBIKEAZ
    I just ordered some of those tubes. I hope they work. That's good to hear about the weight. My Conti and Bontrager tubes (29er) weigh close to 220 grams without the slime.
    Forgot to mention something. I found that the valves on these things are hard to air up. Sure, the core is a presta valve, but it is only a few mm long. Therefore, the bike pump valve has to fit over the outside of the whole stem, which is quite a bit bigger than a regular presta valve, but not as big as a schraeder. I have three pumps, and only one of them would pump up the the tire and register air pressure at the same time. Also, it kind of tears up the rubber seal of the pump's presta valve. Anyone else have this problem?