Tube(s) recommendations? Looking for durability and toughness- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Tube(s) recommendations? Looking for durability and toughness

Had two flats yesterday, found (felt) a thorn in the front but never found anything in the rear. Running Race Kings 2.2 currently on a HT 29er. Any tubes that you favor for durability? Are there FR or other heavier tubes available for 29ers like there are for the 26ers? Thanks,

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I noticed that Q tubes have removable valve cores, are commonly available at REI (in my area), and come in Super Light weight. I offer this info for people who want to try ghetto tubeless and need to make their own rim liner.

Expert Crasher
    Quote Originally Posted by nepanite
    Had two flats yesterday, found (felt) a thorn in the front but never found anything in the rear. Running Race Kings 2.2 currently on a HT 29er. Any tubes that you favor for durability? Are there FR or other heavier tubes available for 29ers like there are for the 26ers? Thanks,
    I've had good luck using Bontrager and Salsa tubes. Just picked up some Specialized Turbo tubes as well.

Not much you can do to counter the thorns unless you want to run a Mr. Tuffy tire liner ( I did this with some success in Kansas - goat head city) or convert to tubeless.

As an alternative - try running some Caffe Latex sealant in your tubes.
    Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances. Benjamin Franklin

Members who have read this thread: 0