• 01-17-2011
    SINGLESPEEDER1980
    Trouble with No Tubes built wheels.
    So I have a customer who got some wheels direct from No Tubes. First of, the front wheel was so out of dish that it would hit the fork bridge when standing. Then after only a couple of ride the rear wheel had 3 spokes about to fall out. The spokes have no spoke prep on the threads. Any one with similar experience?? Seems pretty [email protected]#ty of a build. thanks JB
  • 01-17-2011
    1-bar
    Stans will stand behind it send it back. Their prebuilt wheels have been solid for me.
  • 01-17-2011
    CBaron
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SINGLESPEEDER1980
    So I have a customer who got some wheels direct from No Tubes. First of, the front wheel was so out of dish that it would hit the fork bridge when standing. Then after only a couple of ride the rear wheel had 3 spokes about to fall out. The spokes have no spoke prep on the threads. Any one with similar experience?? Seems pretty [email protected]#ty of a build. thanks JB

Stan's No-tubes doesn't use spoke prep, they use locktite. We've been running their wheels on our demo bikes for a bit and have about 10 customers riding their stuff. There have been no major problems so far. No-tubes wheel builds are still built lighter than I'd like but so far so good.

They should back up their product. Contact them.
    CJB