Trek/GF 2011 X-Caliber WEIGHT??- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2009

Trek/GF 2011 X-Caliber WEIGHT??

I know that the 2011 Paragon 21 Inch bike weighs (without pedals) 26.2 lbs. due to a bike shop guy's information. Any bike shop people out there got a weight for the X-Cal 2011 21 inch bike?

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I don't know for sure but I took one for a ride a few weeks back and it felt like it was also in the mid 20's.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by wu501 View Post
    I don't know for sure but I took one for a ride a few weeks back and it felt like it was also in the mid 20's.
    Maybe in a low gravity environment. Honestly, I would have thought it was in the mid twenties without a scale too. However, I ride a 17.5" with a few modifications here on Earth and it weighs 26.7 lb. This beast is going on a diet and should shed a few more pounds with a wheel upgrade in a few weeks, though. I'm guessing the 21.5" with the stock seat, cranks, and X7 group would fight in the heavy weight division at 30 plus. See the photos and do some math for anyone still interested.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trek/GF 2011 X-Caliber WEIGHT??-dscf1017.jpg  

Trek/GF 2011 X-Caliber WEIGHT??-dscf1018.jpg  

Trek/GF 2011 X-Caliber WEIGHT??-dscf1019.jpg  

Trek/GF 2011 X-Caliber WEIGHT??-dscf1021.jpg  

Trek/GF 2011 X-Caliber WEIGHT??-dscf1022.jpg  

davidcarson48
    My Large Paragon is 27 pounds and my buddy's Large Cobia is about 31 pounds. So the X-Cal is probably somewhere around 29 pounds. These weights are with M520 pedals.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Thanks for the response. Mine is weighed with the same pedals and has a 17.5 inch seat tube. Your weights are from 19.5 inch seat tubes. Do you not think the extra two inches in seat tube length plus small accommodations in top tube and down tube would tip the thirty plus mark for a 21.5 inch seat tube geometry?

Also, from original post, either you're weights or "the guy at the bike shop" are incorrect by a pound because a 21.5 inch is going to weigh more than a 19.5 inch frame in my opinion.

Plus, when I was shopping the only real weight difference I saw between the Cobia and X-Caliber is a pound in the forks. I went with the X-Caliber over the all the others for the paint job. I like blue accents.

Let me know.

davidcarson48
    Frame sizes obviously add slight increases in weight, but not as much as you think. It's about a 1/4 pound per size at most. So with our figures if a L is around 29 pounds, a XL would be about 29.2-29.3 pounds.

Harmonius Wrench
    I weighed the X-Cal and Cobia with a digital hanging type scale at work. Trek Fisher Collection Cobia: 30.4lbs with flat pedals installed. Trek Fisher Collection X-Cal: 26.75lbs- no pedals. Both were 19.5″ bikes for reference.
    Riden' an Smilin'
    Guitar Ted

Blog
    RidingGravel.com

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by patientthought View Post
    Maybe in a low gravity environment. Honestly, I would have thought it was in the mid twenties without a scale too. However, I ride a 17.5" with a few modifications here on Earth and it weighs 26.7 lb. This beast is going on a diet and should shed a few more pounds with a wheel upgrade in a few weeks, though. I'm guessing the 21.5" with the stock seat, cranks, and X7 group would fight in the heavy weight division at 30 plus. See the photos and do some math for anyone still interested.

what crank do you have on your bike?

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jay19 View Post
    what crank do you have on your bike?
    Thanks for asking. It's a 170mm Shimano XT HollowTech II.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Thanks, I've been wondering how much they weigh.

mtbr member
    I'm at 27.1 pounds after swapping stem, seatpost, bars, tires, and adding some Time ATAC pedals. Getting ready to convert to a 2x or 1x setup in a couple weeks.

Oh yeah - 17.5 frame and i'm wondering where i can shed some weight.

So far it's a fun ride

Ed

Members who have read this thread: 0