is this tire still available - 29er high roller- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2004

is this tire still available - 29er high roller

shiggy talk to me!

I did not know this was an option from maxxis. I thought the ignitor was the only one.

Is it still available - I have been looking with no luck. Loved these on my 26" for all round playing
    Attached Images Attached Images

Recovering couch patato
    They never were available. They made them, and never offered them for sale. Consider them like 1.8-1.9's rather than 2.1's. 550g, despite the knobs.
    I rode them for a bit over wet forrest soil, and they were fine for that. Would have liked a set for my Cross-Check. So go figure. The Maxxis riders that used them always did with the knobs completely cut off.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    They are good for sheep shite here in New Zealand!

These were stock on a MT Tam over here. Go figure?

Recovering couch patato
    A second hand Mt Tam I'm sure? I never heard of NZ-specific Fisher bikes, or maybe just a tiny production run because other tires were unavailablet?

As far as I know, these were sold in steel bead (I presume) only to Oryx, a Canadian brand. At least, they spec'd it on their website as sch. Never seen a single Oryx owner pic. Later they did sell some steel frames they were not going to use anymore.
    The earlier folding version was supplied to Maxxis riders in small quantities. I rode a Nishiki bike with these tires. I can imagine for deep sheep **** they're great yes.

mtbr member
    Willits had some of those tires. I never liked them much, too low volume for my tastes.

He might have unearthed a set during his recent unpacking. Try getting in touch with him via his internet contact at willitsbrand.com.
    A bike by any other name is still a bike.

Recovering couch patato
    If you don't care about a little bit of extra weight, the Schwalbe Black Jack 1.9 might perform as well and corner better. I was impressed by the 1.6 size on cross-style mud. Black Jacks are pretty much true to size. Huge trekking tire, thin MTB tire.
    And then there's the Schwalbe Little Albert 2.1 which is a really narrow one, that might perform exactly like you hope/expect from the HighRoller. In 26" I found it to have excessive climbing traction. Put it once in the back of a girlfriend's bike to prove that the rear would not slip on the worst of looseness.

Witty McWitterson
    I bought one off of Mikesee last season. Worked quite well for me. Tad slow, but still worked well for my midwestern soft, loamy soil.
    Just a regular guy.

Members who have read this thread: 0