The Time Draws Nigh- Mtbr.com
    luckiest of the unlucky

The Time Draws Nigh

Anyday now. Very soon, Fisher will be restocking my bike so that I can finally order one. I am very excited. However, the uneasiness of buying a bike without riding it first still remains, and I'm sure it will get worse before all is said and done. Help me. Make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Tell me that I am definintey making the right decision on what size to get. Lie to me, it doesn't matter- as long as it makes me feel confident that I'm buying the right bike. Thank you.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Depending on the model you may want to order it now. FisherGuy posted a day or two ago that the first shipment of the Rig will not be large enough to fill existing orders. He mentioned a few other 29" models, too.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

Bored

My 2 Cents

Quote Originally Posted by JoelM
    Anyday now. Very soon, Fisher will be restocking my bike so that I can finally order one. I am very excited. However, the uneasiness of buying a bike without riding it first still remains, and I'm sure it will get worse before all is said and done. Help me. Make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Tell me that I am definintey making the right decision on what size to get. Lie to me, it doesn't matter- as long as it makes me feel confident that I'm buying the right bike. Thank you.
    I bought my Fisher Mt. Tam almost 2 years ago on a whim. It was a left over bike in the shop I was working at, and I could be riding by day's end. I knew very little about 29" bikes, and wasn't aware of the 29" board on this site. I took a gamble and have been very happy since. You won't regret it.
    MTBR is serious stuff.
    You never get better until you get out of your comfort zone.

My gloves stink

Get the medium and relax

Dude, we went over this before. Go back and read the previous posts. Get the medium and you'll be happy.

I have spoken. Submit and be content.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Where do you find out about when, whats shipping?

Well you won't be the only one buying without riding the actual bike.

Where did you find info on what and when Fisher is shipping out. I'm playing the waiting game now on my Paragon. I'm hearing sometime in February from LBS.

Tommy

featherweight clydesdale
    Quote Originally Posted by liltommy
    Well you won't be the only one buying without riding the actual bike.

Where did you find info on what and when Fisher is shipping out. I'm playing the waiting game now on my Paragon. I'm hearing sometime in February from LBS.

Tommy
    I believe you're asking about this

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=72068

The Duuude, man...
    Quote Originally Posted by JoelM
    I had not test ridden, nor seen in person any of the bikes I've bought/owned since the late '90's, a sample of which include:
    *Supercal's
    *Titus's
    *Ibis
    *Monkey
    *various moots'
    *Leviathan

Don't be afraid...if it's a quality item, you'll like it....
    FS: Everything

luckiest of the unlucky
    Quote Originally Posted by Appendage
    Dude, we went over this before. Go back and read the previous posts. Get the medium and you'll be happy.

I have spoken. Submit and be content.
    Thank you. That is exactly what I needed- a little cyberslap to the face to bring me to my senses. Bike ordered today. Size medium. Now let me tell you a little story about just how stupid I am. If your "chode meter" goes off easily, then read no further.

Called Trek again the other day to see how they were doing on stock. I'm told the middle of April for a medium Paragon. Lost all hope of getting my paws on one of these bikes. The rep that I was talking to tells me to go ahead and fax over the order. "But I thought you said it wouldnt be available until April." I say.
    "Yes, but you can go ahead and put your order in." She tells me.
    "I though that employees could not backorder bikes?"
    "Parts, no. Bikes yes."
    "Oh.... my god."

So there you have it. If I weren't so stupid, I would already be riding my bike and would have been done harrassing you all months ago. However, the past is the past and the deed is now done. No more whining and second guessing, and soon I will become a productive member of this forum with some experience on 29" wheels under my belt.
    Thanks once more for everyones input in helping me come to a decision.