mtbr member
    Oct 2018

Ti MTB 29er with internal cable routing for Di2

I am looking to custom build a Titanium MTB 29er with internally routed Di2 cables; 2x11 groupset. Does anyone have any recommendations for a frame. We were looking at a Lynskey Sequel. However, Lynskey's customer service is very poor and we can't get them to respond to emails or return telephone calls. Love Moots, however, it is a little to beyond our budget right now unless there are some significant Black Friday specials. Looking for a good quality frame, not too long and not to stiff in titanium.

Sneaker man
    What do you need to know with lynskey? You just select Di2 frame when you order it, pretty simple.
    You've also got seven, dean, indy fab, firefly, caletti, enigma, litespeed.... but well if Moots is out of budget, then those definately will be.
    All the gear and no idea.

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    Our customer service enquiries are not specifically related to Di2, aside from the fact that if you look at the sequel on the Lynskey website, it doesn't have the usual drop down box to select Di2. Customer service is important to us, if not we could easily just buy a frame from CRC and simply have it shipped to Australia. Love Firefly as well. Litespeed is the original Lynskey not so keen on them. Thanks for the other ideas though. I will check them out.

Sneaker man
    yeah i imagine it would be fare easier to deal with crc for one, lynskey are renowned for customer service or lack thereof.

Persoanlly I'd prefer a litespeed (to a lynskey, jsut personal preferance) but since they cost a bazillion dollars in OZ... dean's are "cheaper". I was considering a dean or a seven or an IF, but for the cash I really have to stay on FS I think.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    My friends over at Dean, who acquired Merlin earlier this year, are running a holiday special right now, might be worth looking into. I'd get one myself, it just isn't in the budget, even though we've talked about a modern long slack playful hardtail for me

Sneaker man
    Ah so Dean bought Merlin, thats cool! They seem to be about the cheapest outside of Lynskey or going Chinese. I almost bought one in 2012, but they seemed to change to curvey tubes, not a fan, but didn't realise you could order them straight.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Still a small operation, but they are doing pretty well! I've been able to go over and hang out a few times earlier this year. John (O.G. Dean) is still involved, so that is cool, and it seems like my buddy Ari is helping rebuild the brand.
    Deflated - buy parts to sell parts to buy more parts.. bikes are my drug of choice

FATTrailer for the kiddo