Terlingua, 50% luck, and Poncho Villa...- Mtbr.com
    Wandering not Lost

Terlingua, 50% luck, and Poncho Villa...

I write with tears in my eyes....(figurativly speaking)

this past weekend I attended the Mas o Menos 100k race here in Terlingua Tejas...great event took the place of the Classic race that used to be held in Lajitas(famous for where Poncho Vialla crossed into Texas to raid)...
    .....anyhow.... At the end of the event the promoters held a drawing for a Willits Ti custom bike...so I purchased my 6 tickets...and waited ...drawing was held after the awards for the races...tickets in hand and anticipation building. Four drawings 2 IMBA shirts, 1 Book, and ONE WILLITS TI FRAME......first ticket...for a t-shirt...hey that's me I won....woohoo...next another guy won the book...third...hey woohoo I won another t shirt....(this is killing me)....third...well no frame for me..

.....smiled at the fact that I won 50% of the number but less than 1% of the value...nonetheless had a great time..4 days of riding in the great desert of TEJAS.....and a great trip!

allow me to introduce Poncho My first 29'er and Rohloff equipped ( a great steed and trusty friend when you are in a tight spot)

Beauty of the TEXAS Desert

not to mention times w/ friends

peace

paintbucket
    Pretty bike, and the trails look nice, but I'd want to go to Terlingua for the music.
    When the going gets weird its bedtime.

mtbr member
    Nice bikes. I didn't get a close-up of them until Sunday AM.

Judging by the numbers of 29"ers at the M-o-M, I'd say they're not very popular here in Texas. I mean, I only saw about 30 there...

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Ben,
    Beautiful rig, looks like a fun trip. See you tomorrow at North Shore bring the new sled would ya.

RW

mtbr member
    Jan 2005

... and if we just ...

Yeah, I had my 6 tickets for the Willits as well....

It was a local Racer who won it. From what I understand, the frame went to a very deserving winner.

It was fun seeing the 29'ers out there. Kelly, Gunnar, Idependant Fab, and of-course the Fishers.

It was also fun hearing folks buzzing about 29ers. I spoke with more than a few folks who were very keen to break into the world of 29ers with a new Willits frame.

Won't be surprised if over 20% of the field next year has 29ers at Mas O Menos...

Wonder how much $ they raised with that raffle?

I went down there with a friend and his brother who are from around there. It was very cool getting to meet a lot of the folks putting on the event. I thoroughly enjoyed checking out the cabin's in the "ghost town" and stopping by the Starlight Theater.

Me thinks next year, it'll be time to do the entire 100k.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006

Mas o Menos

The 29ers kicked ass in the Terlingua race: The Open class winner (Orbea) and the 30-39 expert winner (Fisher) were on them - probably more good results I'm unaware of as well.

Members who have read this thread: 0