Surly Karate Monkey- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Surly Karate Monkey

I am interested in getting a karate monkey, but I dont really want to build it up myself. Is it possible to buy it at as complete bike somewhere?? I live in san diego, and cant seem to find anyone who carries surly at all. Any advice/opinions would be great, or if you have one you want to get rid of that would be good too.

Yayer!
    E-bay...
    Broken ankles = bullshit!

I don't huck.
    Jun 2005
    Try The Path Bike shop. Not that far from you and I am sure they would be happy to build it up for you.

That said, isn't Surly a Quality Bike Products line? Seems like any bike shop could order one. Maybe not.
    Blog Ramblings
    West Coast writer for twentynineinches.com

Yayer!
    Quote Originally Posted by mtroy
    Try The Path Bike shop. Not that far from you and I am sure they would be happy to build it up for you.

That said, isn't Surly a Quality Bike Products line? Seems like any bike shop could order one. Maybe not.
    The only problem with QBP is about every Surly frame that they get is gone the same day it comes in....I waited 4 months for a Steamroller frame and finally gave up. The strange thing about QBP is that they are Minneapolis based and still have a hard time keeping the frames in stock...

meh... whatever
    Quote Originally Posted by CoalesceKid
    The only problem with QBP is about every Surly frame that they get is gone the same day it comes in....I waited 4 months for a Steamroller frame and finally gave up. The strange thing about QBP is that they are Minneapolis based and still have a hard time keeping the frames in stock...
    have them order one for you instead of just trying to catch one in stock at the shop.

quality currently has plenty of km frames in all sizes and both colors in stock.
    "Knowledge is good." ~ Emil Faber

Yayer!
    Quote Originally Posted by monogod
    have them order one for you instead of just trying to catch one in stock at the shop.

quality currently has plenty of km frames in all sizes and both colors in stock.
    I did have my LBS order one from QBP , QBP quoted 2 month wait and after 4 I cancelled it. Quality might have a good sized stock built up these days as my experience was last October. I'm definitely not saying anything bad about Quality as they have about anything a guy could want to get his hands on really.

hispanic mechanic

Pacific Coast Cycles...

Quote Originally Posted by I3erto
    I am interested in getting a karate monkey, but I dont really want to build it up myself. Is it possible to buy it at as complete bike somewhere?? I live in san diego, and cant seem to find anyone who carries surly at all. Any advice/opinions would be great, or if you have one you want to get rid of that would be good too.
    Head up to Oceanside and see Chuck at PCC. He usually has a few in stock, and is an absolute wealth of knowledge.

Los
    Support your local trail organization.

www.swimba.org

Members who have read this thread: 0