Sun CR-18?

Printable View

• 01-13-2005
    sslos
    Sun CR-18?
    Anybody tried these? I just built up a set, and the Nano doesn't want to stay on... :(

the los
  • 01-13-2005
    Walt
    I've used a few...
    I haven't heard any reports of problems on the couple sets of them I've built up for customers. The ones I had were NOS from the late 90s, they were a bit lighter (485gr) than the new ones (525gr), of which I just got a couple sets in. Haven't mounted any tires on the new ones yet, but if you want I can go throw some rim tape and a tire on one to check it out - is the tire coming off while riding? Bummer!

The 700c CR18 is a pretty old design, so I can't imagine they changed it significantly - did you try it with any other tires?

-Walt
  • 01-13-2005
    riderx
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sslos
    Anybody tried these? I just built up a set, and the Nano doesn't want to stay on... :(

the los

I've got a Moto mounted up on one right now, no problems. And I've been using them on my x-check w/ a bunch of different tires. If anything, they are usually a little tight.
  • 01-14-2005
    MikeDee
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sslos

the los

I have these on my touring bike. Never had a problem keeping tires on. They are good, proven, durable rims, but not that light and have a single eyelet instead of a socket.
  • 01-14-2005
    ~martini~
    Same here. I ran mine with Moto's though. They held the tire just fine and built up pretty well. I liked mine. In fact, I'll be looking for another set tomorrow at the Cronometro Velo swap in Madison.