Stupid... Stupid... Stupid...- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Bikeoholic
    Reputation: centerridgerider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    537

    Stupid... Stupid... Stupid...

    Man I suck... I was following this el mariachi frame on the good old e-bay and went to lunch and forgot about it... I was going to see if anyone was going to bid on and well... It looks like someone did and got a sweet deal on this frame for a meager $650...

    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

    Oh yeah sorry about the .uk extension its the only way I can get to e-bay from work... But in anycase if this had been the tomatillo green I would have bidded on it right away. This is what I get for being indecisive...


    I didn't even know the blue ones were out there yet.
    -Palek
    Ride Today...
    ...You might not be able to tomorrow

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MMcG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    9,593
    I saw that one too.........kinda wondered if it was a legit auction.......guess and hope it is because someone got a killer deal.

  3. #3
    Bikeoholic
    Reputation: centerridgerider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    537

    yeah,

    Yeah, I wondered about the legitamacy too. I asked the guy for a picture of the actual frame and he refused saying it was still packaged and everything from salsa... If I had gone ahead with the purchase I would have had one of my friends that live in Kansas City go pick it up for me.

    Oh well, I'd love to see it buit up.
    -Palek
    Ride Today...
    ...You might not be able to tomorrow

  4. #4
    The Duuude, man...
    Reputation: ncj01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,537
    that's what they go for on aebike.com isn't it? or is ae selling them for 750?? humm..can't remember.
    FS: Everything

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pacman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,931

    $706.99

    Quote Originally Posted by ncj01
    that's what they go for on aebike.com isn't it? or is ae selling them for 750?? humm..can't remember.
    Parts & Accessories Catalog


    <TABLE class=seqbpitemdetaildescription cellSpacing=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=seresultsnavigation>Search > Frames > Mountain Frame Sets


    </TD></TR><TR><TD class=seitemcontent> Click on image to see larger photo


    Salsa Cycles Salsa El Mariachi LG Superior Blue (FM8027)



    $706.99
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MMcG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    9,593
    Is that the catalog price or the price AE Bike is Charging?

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pacman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,931
    Quote Originally Posted by MMcG
    Is that the catalog price or the price AE Bike is Charging?
    It's on their web site, I assume I can click "add to cart".

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mackie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    203
    Quote Originally Posted by MMcG
    Is that the catalog price or the price AE Bike is Charging?
    Sure is. My buddy has one somewhere in the UPS system comming his way from them at that price.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MMcG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    9,593
    Nice!

  10. #10
    In the rear with the gear
    Reputation: RemfSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    494
    There as an Salsa Dos Niner XL frame that I threw a few bids at but it ended up going for $599. Course I was dreaming that I could get it for $3 hundy. Wife would kill me after just spending $1200 on my Qball. Of course, I am already thinking ahead on whether I am going to want a second 29er for freeride or just keep my 26er, or as of late I have been thinking about maybe converting it a 69er/96er - that would be killer!

  11. #11
    no fat chicks
    Reputation: iliketoridebikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    774
    Quote Originally Posted by centerridgerider
    Man I suck... I was following this el mariachi frame on the good old e-bay and went to lunch and forgot about it... I was going to see if anyone was going to bid on and well... It looks like someone did and got a sweet deal on this frame for a meager $650...

    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

    Oh yeah sorry about the .uk extension its the only way I can get to e-bay from work... But in anycase if this had been the tomatillo green I would have bidded on it right away. This is what I get for being indecisive...


    I didn't even know the blue ones were out there yet.

    aw gee man thats a great story
    thank you so much for sharing
    you should totally put that on your blog






    support your lbs
    #1 NORBA elite singlespeed racer 30-34 age group

Members who have read this thread: 1

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.