Stumpjumper evo alloy 29 vs Commencal Am 29.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2013

Stumpjumper evo alloy 29 vs Commencal Am 29.

Can someone help me to decide which bike is the best, best value and easy to find parts. I'll be replacing my stolen Stumpjumper fsr carbon 2016 bike.

Im looking at the Stumpjumper evo alloy 29 or the Commencal Meta AM Team edition or Essential 2020 model in 29er.

Ride More - Suffer Less
    I like the META suspension better than the EVO spec I think there is more value there. Both have same easy to find parts, nothing weird here.

They are a bit different, the META has shorter chain stays and not as slack compared to longer CS and very slack on the EVO, I would say the META will feel snappier.

If you ride super chunk bigger drops all day the EVO may be the way to go or if you ride turnier? trails or like ripping turns more the META seems like it would be a better choice.

I have a Stumpy and META TR and they pedal similar, not super efficient but decent. I am guessing the META AM and EVO would be about the same. The STA is close too.

Keep in mind the META AM geo numbers are based on a 571 A-C which is a 160mm fork but the bike is spec'd with a 170mm fork, so it will be slightly slacker in the STA and HTA.

What kind of riding do you do mainly?

mtbr member
    I have spent some time on a 2017 Meta am and had the Evo comp but now on the Evo pro. Both in Evos in high mode and 29.

While you shouldn’t have any issue finding parts for either bike(especially now that specialized went to standard shock sizing) there is no doubt the meta is a better stock value component wise.

Generally speaking the I think the bikes benefit different riding riding styles.
    The meta is an all mountain big rig. Great for plowing through the rough and nasty and more suited for bigger hits and drops. Really smooths out the trail chatter.

The Evo is a trail bike on roids. Climbs surprisingly well, is completely stable at ridiculous speed, and Handles steep terrain like no other bike I’ve ridden. While the shorter travel can get overwhelmed occasionally the trade off is that you still have trail feel. The bike urges you to preload and pop off of every feature you can. Super fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk