Stans Crest Vs 355- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2010

Stans Crest Vs 355

Hi, I've been looking at building a new wheelset for 4 months and have been waiting for crest rims to become available at CRC or Wiggle etc. I'm in Australia, and refuse to pay the outrageous price LBS wants for these rims! 355 rims are available at wiggle, but not sure which way to go.
    What's peoples opinion on the 355's vs crest's?
    Already have Hope Pro II hubs and wheel builder ready to go.

Always Learning
    Quote Originally Posted by nath8
    Hi, I've been looking at building a new wheelset for 4 months and have been waiting for crest rims to become available at CRC or Wiggle etc. I'm in Australia, and refuse to pay the outrageous price LBS wants for these rims! 355 rims are available at wiggle, but not sure which way to go.
    What's peoples opinion on the 355's vs crest's?
    Already have Hope Pro II hubs and wheel builder ready to go.
    Rider weight limit on the Crests. 180-5 is what I have always read. Are you within the weight limit?

Otherwise, the difference being the Crest has the new bead-hook design resulting in an inner rim width of 21mm vs. 19mm for the 355 and a shorter height.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I had the same problem, after being fed up with waiting for Crests to arrive in the UK I went with 355's. I really wanted the lower weight and lack of braking surface but I have no issues with them on my Pro 2's. I know that doesn't help you much though...

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceBrown
    Rider weight limit on the Crests. 180-5 is what I have always read. Are you within the weight limit? height.
    I weigh about 160, so weight limit should be fine.

AEC
    mtbr member
    i had the same question on the crest and got a few replies here

most people seem to like em and supposedly there are some 200lbs guys out on em.

RIDE TO LIVE
    Having ridden both a great deal, I would wait for the crest's. The 2mm wider rim makes a noticeable difference IMO.

Members who have read this thread: 0