Spot Brand - New Ryve 115 and 100 - Page 2- Mtbr.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    hardtail partier
    Oct 2012
    We had a blast on our RYVEs at the SPOT group ride at 2020 Sedona MTB Fest.

The party starts at 16:45.

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    I will ask a shallow question: How does the red Ryve look in person? TIA.

mtbr member
    you talking design or color? both pretty horrid actually, the paint job is pretty poor quality too. chipped really easily on mayhem i used to own. i assume it is similar on ryve, the one i demoed had a lot of chips as well (both hot tomato). there is not much to chose from, hot tomato or checkered balck. both look pretty bad. i would not worry about aesthetics much, but if you want bike that rides good and is aesthetically pleasing, there are much better choices to pick from. but i know people that would tell you just the opposite, we are all different.

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by brankulo View Post
    you talking design or color? both pretty horrid actually, the paint job is pretty poor quality too. chipped really easily on mayhem i used to own. i assume it is similar on ryve, the one i demoed had a lot of chips as well (both hot tomato). there is not much to chose from, hot tomato or checkered balck. both look pretty bad. i would not worry about aesthetics much, but if you want bike that rides good and is aesthetically pleasing, there are much better choices to pick from. but i know people that would tell you just the opposite, we are all different.
    I will admit. I need it to look good if am paying quite a bit

hardtail partier
    Oct 2012
    I personally love the hot tomato, but I know plenty of people don't. I'm not a fan of the checkered black. It's personal preference.

hardtail partier
    Oct 2012
    I've had my Ryve 115 for a few months, and my initial review still stands, with one or two tweaks:

1) the stack is really low on this bike. Makes sense for an XC/Marathon bike, but I use this as my trail/all-mountain bike, and I run the stem really high to get the stack I like. This bike is so capable that I've been taking it on bigger and bigger trails lately, so I prefer the longer stack.

2) the reach is a tad short when ridden as an aggressive all-mountain bike (which is isn't, but I ride it that way anyway). I'd love to lengthen the reach by 20mm if it were me, but once again, I'm using the bike in a way it wasn't designed.

This bike still blows me away every time I ride it. It's extremely fast, the cable routing is fantastic, and the ride is great. I feel like the suspension is slightly more active than the original mayhem, but it doesn't feel inefficient. The biggest surprise is how playful the bike is. It wants to jump and pop off everything, and it's probably my best-manualing bike I own.

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by hardtail party View Post
    I personally love the hot tomato, but I know plenty of people don't. I'm not a fan of the checkered black. It's personal preference.
    The black isn't checkered fwiw. At least mine isn't. It's just a smooth raw carbon dark gray/black.

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    I've had my Ryve 115 for a few months, and my initial review still stands, with one or two tweaks:

1) the stack is really low on this bike. Makes sense for an XC/Marathon bike, but I use this as my trail/all-mountain bike, and I run the stem really high to get the stack I like. This bike is so capable that I've been taking it on bigger and bigger trails lately, so I prefer the longer stack.
    Agreed, I'm running 35mm rise bars.

2) the reach is a tad short when ridden as an aggressive all-mountain bike (which is isn't, but I ride it that way anyway). I'd love to lengthen the reach by 20mm if it were me, but once again, I'm using the bike in a way it wasn't designed.
    I actually downsized, and the reach is fine to me. At least while pedaling. Horses for courses...

This bike still blows me away every time I ride it. It's extremely fast, the cable routing is fantastic, and the ride is great. I feel like the suspension is slightly more active than the original mayhem, but it doesn't feel inefficient. The biggest surprise is how playful the bike is. It wants to jump and pop off everything, and it's probably my best-manualing bike I own.
    Again, I agree. It manuals well because it's isn't too long so it's easier to lift, and the 29er wheels have a huge balance point. So I still wouldn't change the reach

hardtail partier
    Oct 2012
    Ah, great clarification, thanks. The checkered must only be on the mayhems and rolliks. I've had both, and I hate red bikes, but the hot tomato is pretty cool in my opinion. There's nothing like it. Hot tomato is the perfect name to describe the color. It's like flourescent tomato soup. I dig matte paint. I haven't had any paint issues.

mtbr member
    Dec 2014

Couldn't this be solved by going up a size?

hardtail partier
    Oct 2012
    I'm 5'6" on a medium. If I were to switch to a large, the seat tube would be far too long for me

I understand that I'm often riding this bike outside of it's intended use. When I'm on mellower trails, the geo is perfect.

Geaux ride!
    Quote Originally Posted by SpartyinWI View Post
    I will admit. I need it to look good if am paying quite a bit
    When I ordered my Ryve in Red I requested a protective frame wrap. Spot sent it to Uplnd Stoke and then built it up to ship to me. Both paint and the vinyl are still in great shape. So there are "factory"-applied options if you want to protect your investment and keep it looking good. No regrets on the red Hot Tomato color!
    2019 Spot Ryve 115
    2018 Spot Rocker SS

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Alright - here's a question. Would putting a 130mm fork on the 115 be a bad idea? I imagine it'd slacken the seat angle by a degree or so (along with the HT). But might help off set the low stack? I'm torn on this last part of the build. SC 34 120nn to keep it light, or regular 34 130mm for more squish.

Any insights?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by frytown View Post
    ..Any insights?
    Yes. While sheltering at home, why not use the time to brush up on your trigonometry and use it to calculate the change in HTA and STA caused by lengthening the fork.
    Do the math.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Wow - are all of your 8000 posts like this? Angles are only a part of the equation (do the math). I'm really looking for insights from someone who's maybe already run a 130mm fork. And as said, I'm fully aware of the slackening that will occur. Who could give a petty rat's ass if it's 1 degree, 2 degrees, or 50? I've over forked all kinds of bikes - get 2 tallboy worked great with a 140. Gen 1 Following not as much. But simply 'doing the math' wouldn't have led me to those conclusions.

hardtail partier
    Oct 2012
    I think the 120mm stepcast 34 is the perfect fork for this bike. I've never felt like I needed more travel on this bike, even on big trails. If you start overforking, you'll soon want burlier wheels, and wider tires, and you'll be 90% of your way to a mayhem at that point.

The low stack is just my experience riding this bike more like an AM bike. If you want a higher stack, I'd run all the spacers under the stem. If you still want a higher bar position, run a higher rise bar. Bam. Problem solved.

The bike is so balanced and dialed. I'm normally one for experimenting, but I don't think a 130mm fork would offer any advantage. It would come with more disadvantages than advantages. This is a light bike and it rides like one. In other words, you still have to pick your lines and stay light on the wheels. It will really reward a great rider. It's not like a specialized enduro where you can just smash whatever is in its path.

If you're looking for a more capable bike with similar(ish) riding characteristics, look at the mayhem and the rollik 150.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Thanks for the useful reply, H-Party! That's how I was sort of leaning anyway - I'm pretty light on my bikes, and enjoy flowy single track more than mashing rock gardens. So step cast 120 it is! Wonder if I can get it to 26 lbs with the Turbine Wheels I have ready to go!

mtbr member
    Nov 2019
    Maybe try the new sid!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by thesingletrakmind View Post
    Maybe try the new sid!

I had the same thought in the 35mm version. So rad to have so many good choices.

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by CajunAg08 View Post
    When I ordered my Ryve in Red I requested a protective frame wrap. Spot sent it to Uplnd Stoke and then built it up to ship to me. Both paint and the vinyl are still in great shape. So there are "factory"-applied options if you want to protect your investment and keep it looking good. No regrets on the red Hot Tomato color!
    Thanks Cajun.

mtbr member
    I had the same thought in the 35mm version. So rad to have so many good choices.
    I had the same thought!

Spot Brand - New Ryve 115 and 100-img_20200407_154935_resize.jpg
    "Donuts. Is there anything they can't do?"

mtbr member
    Definitely look at the new Sid. Not loving the 34mm sc and it seems I am not alone. Of the numerous fox forks Iíve owned over the years, getting this one happy is no easy trick.
    Ď19 orbea oiz tr
    '16 Scott Genius 700 Premium traded in
    Cervelo R3sl
    Seven Alta
    Curtlo h/t

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark16q View Post
    Definitely look at the new Sid. Not loving the 34mm sc and it seems I am not alone. Of the numerous fox forks Iíve owned over the years, getting this one happy is no easy trick.
    I'm pretty happy with my SC 34. It's been issue free and surprisingly supple.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark16q View Post
    Yeah, it's way over-damped. It can be made better, but it might be best just to start with something else. The chassis has potential, but Fox is infamous for screwing up damping and wacky tunes. I don't recommend it.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott2MTB View Post
    I'm pretty happy with my SC 34. It's been issue free and surprisingly supple.
    So I ended up ordering the SC 34 over the SID. I've been a Rockshox person for the past several years - absolutely hated my last Fox. But that was 8 or 9 years ago. I really use the 3 position switch on my Pike and I want to keep that functionality. RS has gone to off/on on everything (unless you can find an RCT3 Pike around) via the HSC / LSC knob and I'm just not as stoked about that as I am the RCT3/Fox style of switch.

mtbr member
    The only thing that turns me off on this bike are the rim and tires it comes with. I would prefer to put something a little beefier on it. I would want just slightly wider like a Stan's Arch MK3 with 2.4 Tires.

Is anyone riding theirs like this?

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Viva Borracho View Post
    The only thing that turns me off on this bike are the rim and tires it comes with. I would prefer to put something a little beefier on it. I would want just slightly wider like a Stan's Arch MK3 with 2.4 Tires.

The rear tire clearance might be an issue. From what i remember what was on my mayhem i used to own, the clearance was very minimal, i think i was running 2.35 max. on stans arch

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Ryve is one of the bikes Iím internet X-shopping and I have the exact same reaction. The 100mm bike should have the narrow rims & wimpy tires, not the 115mm bike. Trek top fuel seems to have it about right. Seems stupid to buy a new bike that you immediately want to get a different set of wheels/tires for.
    whatever...

mtbr member
    Nov 2019
    Ask the guys at Spot to put different tires on it for you. They're pretty cool about stuff like that. They're pretty cool in general.

mtbr member
    Feb 2015

I'm riding mine with e13 tires on 28mm ID rims. The rear is the SS and it has buzzed the seat tube once or twice - but like hardtail party, I ride mine like an AM bike. There's effectively no limit to your front tire of course.

I do agree though, that the spec on the wheels is a little off for what it is, but then I almost never agree with all the choices the companies make, which is why I build mine up from the frame.

But in case Spot is reading this.. the only thing I strongly disagree with is the lack of ISCG tabs. I already tore the little rubber protector and first cable boss off the drive side chainstay on mine while trying to climb the waterfall on National.

I get that they're making it as light as possible, but for some reason all (or most) of the recent trail bike offerings have come without them and it's a problem. If you do like tech climbing - which I do, and for which a light trail bike falls squarely into the domain of - you will tear up your chain, ring, and chainstays without one. It's also gotten much harder to even get a bash ring these days with all the 1x direct mount setups out there.

FAT CHANCE!
    Does anyone know what the weight difference between the RYVE 100 vs the 115?

Looking at a 6star build for each bike.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by roy harley View Post
    Does anyone know what the weight difference between the RYVE 100 vs the 115?

Looking at a 6star build for each bike.

Thanks
    Spot publishes this in the "build" tab (above the build specs) for each bike, by size. I think the weight diff is about a pound IIRC

FAT CHANCE!
    Is there any difference on the Spot frames, for the Ryve 100 and 115? I heard that they are similar and that the difference is in suspension (travel amount)and that is what changes the frame geometry. Any one know if this is true?

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by roy harley View Post
    Is there any difference on the Spot frames, for the Ryve 100 and 115? I heard that they are similar and that the difference is in suspension (travel amount)and that is what changes the frame geometry. Any one know if this is true?
    They are the same, with just a different stroke shock

hardtail partier
    Oct 2012
    I can confirm this as well. Same frame.

hardtail partier
    Oct 2012
    I recently completed the black canyon trail (60 miles of singletrack) in a day on the Ryve 115. It was the perfect bike for this trail. I know lots of guys ride them a lot farther than I did, but I had a blast challenging myself.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Nice, Hardtail Party! That ride looks fantastic.

So I got the bike built up Saturday and went for a quick 18 mi shakedown ride.
    Everything said thus far reflects my experience. The bike climbs phenomenally. I mean, absolutely phenomenally (seated, a little less so standing). It makes my old Gen 2 Tallboy seem like a lazy climber - which is saying something. It honestly feels like someone is pushing you up by the small of your back. Crazy.

It would have descended better but I need to tune the SC 34 more - like others have said. Unsure about Fox - might have made a mistake, but I'll keep messing with it. I was instantly reminded of the last Fox fork I had and how awful it was. Like instead of oil it was filled with flour. One ride tho - so will give it time. I'm 156 lbs, and set the air at 78lbs with 10 clicks of rebound from fully open. Which wasn't super rad. Will report future findings if it matters.

I also put a bubble in my Reverb upon installation, so with no dropper, descending couldn't really be assessed yet. What I can say is this bike scoots. It will make you faster and it is really comfortable overall. No fit weirdness, no weird noises, has a little flex in the rear that seems to suit the ride springiness - similar to my Following V1. A great bike doesn't need to be a stiff-ass plank, I think.

My build is X01 shifting, Xt brakes, Turbine R stem, Turbine R wheels with Vigilante light/fast tires. Weight is 26 lbs, 15oz. I could lose about 1 1/2 pounds going to a lighter wheel tire combo, but here in the Wasatch having beefier wheels is a good thing.
    I may go to a 35mm rise h-bar, as my current 20mm SixC feels a little low.
    The bike does have a lowish stack - so if you're old like me, take note.

It took a long time for the frame to get here - long enough for the evil seed of buyer's remorse to take root. But after Saturday's ride, any doubts are in the rearview mirror. What I can't imagine is why anyone would get the 100 - the 115 is plenty fast!

hardtail partier
    Oct 2012
    I'll bet that bike rips in the Wasatch mtns. Perfect Park City bike or Sundance bike. Enjoy. Once you get it dialed in, look out. Such a fun bike.

I'm usually a RockShox fan, but I was able to get the stepcast 34 pretty dialed for me. 78psi sounds like a lot for your weight, but that's just a hunch. 10 clicks of rebound also seems like a lot. But I like a fast rebound most of the time. I wonder how many tokens your fork has and if you should tweak that.

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    https://www.pinkbike.com/news/review...ve-115-29.html

Exactly my sentiments with the Ryve. Starting to gel with it a bit more that I actually went to a DHF 2.3 up front and raised the bars up slightly and started being a bit more playful with it, but it's unmistakably XC, the Santa Cruz Tallboy (V4) and Norco Optic I think are far more in line with the Mayhem. Live and learn, trying to sell the Ryve and Mayhem to build up an Optic or maybe Tallboy still, since the Following is 157 super boost... live and learn.
    Yeti SB150
    Santa Cruz Tallboy V4
    Specialized Fatboy

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Abiding-Dude View Post
    https://www.pinkbike.com/news/review...ve-115-29.html

Exactly my sentiments with the Ryve. Starting to gel with it a bit more that I actually went to a DHF 2.3 up front and raised the bars up slightly and started being a bit more playful with it, but it's unmistakably XC, the Santa Cruz Tallboy (V4) and Norco Optic I think are far more in line with the Mayhem. Live and learn, trying to sell the Ryve and Mayhem to build up an Optic or maybe Tallboy still, since the Following is 157 super boost... live and learn.
    Sounds a lot like my Orbea Oiz TR. Definitely more a XC bike. I wanted the Spot but it didn't come out soon enough and I needed a bike. For our Socal trails the Spot sounds like a good choice.
    Ď19 orbea oiz tr
    '16 Scott Genius 700 Premium traded in
    Cervelo R3sl
    Seven Alta
    Curtlo h/t

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Got another quick 1 hour ride in this morning. A couple extra observations - lowered the psi on the SC 34 a bit (down from 78 to like 72) which helped the front end. The chart on the fork says 78 should be good for me, but it's pretty jarring at that level. Will take some tweaking. The rear is set at about 145psi -had started with 155 but lowered it a tiny bit and liked the outcome.
    This thing climbs. Good god. I took it on a very steep, loose and shaley spot, sat back and just motored up. Then a down on a super steep ledgey section and it was just crushing on the down. Still think the stack is a bit low, and even more so with the fork softened a bit. I notice with the 44mm offset and wide bars, with a 50 mm stem, the front wanders a bit on the steep climbs. No biggie, just an adjustment from what I've been riding since I disassembled the Evil. On the way down, it feels like the faster I go, the more stable the bike gets. I could get used to that on fast and flowy single track!

I'm digging this rig. It's not a replacement for the Following - an entirely different beast. But it's exactly what I needed.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Got another quick 1 hour ride in this morning. A couple extra observations - lowered the psi on the SC 34 a bit (down from 78 to like 72) which helped the front end. The chart on the fork says 78 should be good for me, but it's pretty jarring at that level. Will take some tweaking. The rear is set at about 145psi -had started with 155 but lowered it a tiny bit and liked the outcome.
    This thing climbs. Good god. I took it on a very steep, loose and shaley spot, sat back and just motored up. Then a down on a super steep ledgey section and it was just crushing on the down. Still think the stack is a bit low, and even more so with the fork softened a bit. I notice with the 44mm offset and wide bars, with a 50 mm stem, the front wanders a bit on the steep climbs. No biggie, just an adjustment from what I've been riding since I disassembled the Evil. On the way down, it feels like the faster I go, the more stable the bike gets. I could get used to that on fast and flowy single track!

I'm digging this rig. It's not a replacement for the Following - an entirely different beast. But it's exactly what I needed.
    Air pressure is only a starting point and shouldn't be the only thing you use. You set sag. Lots of bikes are designed around the sag point.
    Ripley LS v3
    OG Ripley v2 handed down to son

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Naturally I set the pressure to a given approximate sag. But communicating PSI is an actual objective number that might be useful to someone else setting up their rig. Providing accurate sag is nearly impossible without fine marks on the stanction tubes of the shock/fork. Sure, you can measure with a ruler, and make a pretty good guess based on a little rubber donut - that moves when you get on and off the bike during the sag setting session. But it's pretty far from objective. It's like the little widget on the Evil that is supposed to help you set sag. So coarse and, while I totally appreciate the effort, a gimmick in the end. So I'm sharing PSI.

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    I may go to a 35mm rise h-bar, as my current 20mm SixC feels a little low.
    The bike does have a lowish stack - so if you're old like me, take note.
    I'm riding mine with the OneUp 35mm rise bars vs the 20mm I started with. I'm pretty happy with that.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by pop_martian View Post
    I had the same thought!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200407_154935_resize.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	509.1 KB 
ID:	1324073
    Pop_Martin would you mind telling me what offset you went with on the Sid. Iím taking a hard look at the Ryve 115 with that fork. Need to get to the shop in Golden to take one for a spin before I get too ahead of myself but it checks a lot of boxes for me.

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Been following this thread for a while a now. Now can't decide if Mayhem or Ryve is for me

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

hardtail partier
    Oct 2012
    For me, the ryve requires a more precise line choice. It doesn't do quite as well just plowing through bad lines like the mayhem does. The ryve wants to race and go as fast as it can all the time, up or down. The mayhem is a bit burlier, but still a light and zippy bike, but it can handle lazier line choice.

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Other than rock gardens, which line to take isn't usually a choice I have to make. I have a combination of machine built bike trails and rake and ride trails in my area. Machine built there are no lines to worry about. Just keep pedaling. Rake and Ride there is an occasional rock or root to go around and the surface is a little more bumpy than the machine built.

I hate riding rock gardens so no considerations are necessary for line choice for me.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    One thing about this bike I've felt so far- it's not about getting air, so if your smooth trails are jumpy, the Ryve may not be the rig. It's got a pretty low stack and I can imagine plenty of Friday Fails on it. It sure is fast, and it's fun on smooth, bermy terrian for sure.
    But it is a marathon type bike, so just know that.

I've got mine set up with Turbine R wheels (which I ultimately hate as I cannot figure out the ping,creak noise they make - just miserable) and I think I'm going to go much lighter with 26-28mm rims - more suited to how the bike feels after 6 rides now. Hope that makes sense in this context.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    has anyone ridden both the Ryve and the Intense Sniper? Would love to hear a comparison from folks that have actually pedaled both

hardtail partier
    Oct 2012
    the ryve I had jumped extremely well. I wouldn't hit gaps over 6 feet on it, but anything under that and it does great. It feels surprisingly BMXy to me.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    HP - it might be the 50mm stem I've got on there, or the fact that my Reverb crapped the bed on day two on the bike (stupid Reverb) coupled with a low stack and 120mm on the front, but this thing really doesn't fly in the air like my Following. Not even close. Still setting it up and figuring out the fork (the shock is set up perfectly right now) but there is more of a front weight bias than other bikes I've been on (TB4, my Following, Kona, etc) Which makes jumps a little less intuitive. Not a big deal - didn't get it for that. It's killer fast, furious on just about everything thus far but I would not get it if I was into bike park action or what I guessed pjr71's 'machine trail' description to mean. I like 30mi cross country trail rides on single track with a lot of climbing. The Ryve is totally insane for that.

We probably just ride differently.

moe.
    Sep 2005
    Just ordered a six star XTR build last weekend. I can't wait!

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    How long did they say it would take to deliver for you?

Also, that build looks pretty sick. The 5 star is great, but I can't stomach that wheelset.

moe.
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by tedlove View Post
    How long did they say it would take to deliver for you?

Also, that build looks pretty sick. The 5 star is great, but I can't stomach that wheelset.
    I inquired yesterday on progress and they said they are running at about 2.5 weeks due to some parts availability issues. Given that the bike market has exploded, I am not surprised. I am grateful that my first choice for a XC bike is available. I have had a Spot Rocker since 2012 that I am now using more often than my trail bike because I recently moved from S. Cal to the no hills forests around Houston.
    2020 Spot Ryve 6 star build (coming)
    2012 Turner Sultan w/Enve 240s
    2011 Spot Rocker SS
    2009 Felt F3

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by mtntrance View Post
    I inquired yesterday on progress and they said they are running at about 2.5 weeks due to some parts availability issues. Given that the bike market has exploded, I am not surprised. I am grateful that my first choice for a XC bike is available. I have had a Spot Rocker since 2012 that I am now using more often than my trail bike because I recently moved from S. Cal to the no hills forests around Houston.
    Hey your Spot Rocker - is it geared? How do you like it? It is really difficult to find reviews of this bike geared.

moe.
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by SpartyinWI View Post
    Hey your Spot Rocker - is it geared? How do you like it? It is really difficult to find reviews of this bike geared.
    My Rocker is single speed. It is my favorite hardtail having been on a Fisher Rig, Niner Sir 9, Ventana Commandte and a Siren Trauco. The Ventana was the worst when braking would vibrate on the rear triangle.
    2020 Spot Ryve 6 star build (coming)
    2012 Turner Sultan w/Enve 240s
    2011 Spot Rocker SS
    2009 Felt F3

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Time for a quick update on the Ryve 115.

Swapped out the Race Face Turbine R wheels for some carbon Crank Bros XCTs. Huge difference in precision! Less deflection and way more predictable. I sorta thought the Turbines were kind of 'sluggish' and they were super noisy with spoke creaks. But the XCT's are insane. Light, stiff in the rear, compliant in the front. Awesome upgrade and a perfect match for the bike. Also replaced the RS Reverb with a One Up and lost a lot of weight up high. Only really need a 120mm dropper for how I use this bike, so that helped with weight as well.

Overall, both changes made an already snappy ride much snappier. Climbs even better, and just simply rails on bermy singletrack. One of the most, intuitive bikes I've ever ridden. Probably the most intuitive FS bike. It goes where you look before you look. And the faster you ride the smoother it becomes (I know -lot's of bikes are that way - but the Ryve really turns on at higher speeds, and just launches you along).

As stated above, it's not plush, but it is super fast. And it seems to respond really well to 'adding lightness'. More pleased with each ride!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12