something new...again- Mtbr.com
    bust a move

something new...again

Been riding seriously for fun and exercise about 10 years now. For the last 5 of those I have been riding a very used 5 inch f/s 26er as the twice a week after work urban/paved beater. Kind of fun at times but as of late had become very boring. So, I sold it on CL and bought an almost new monocog 29er for less than I got for the squishy.

First time on a 29er and the first time I have ridden a ss/rigid in over a decade. I had to change the gear a couple of times before I found the right ratio. Now that I have been riding it for about three weeks and I couldn't be enjoying those after work rides any better. I'm glad I decided to make the change. I like many others was skep on the whole 29er thing, but now that I'm drinking the Kool aid...it tastes pretty darn good My other 26er knows what is happening and that it will be replaced sooner than later

Anyone else change up "the old" routine recently?
    Falling down is part of LIFE…Getting back up is LIVING…

Rigid in Evergreen
    I just bought an Air9 after riding a SC Blur for 7 years. I haven't ridden a FS 29'er yet that I've liked, but 29" wheels are definitely a game changer for hard-tails (or in the case of my Air9, rigid). I'll be curious to see how often I feel compelled to ride the Blur now. I still have my 17yo GF cro-mo hard-tail w/ a Trek System3 cro-mo fork (it was my regular ride whenever my OCLV HT frame was being warrantied before my Blur) and there is simply no comparison between that and the Air9 frame, 29" wheels and Niner Carbon Fork.

Members who have read this thread: 0