sizing a Redline Monocog 29er- Mtbr.com
    Heads up Flyboy!!

sizing a Redline Monocog 29er

I'm new to the SS and 29er world. I'm 6 ft tall w/ a 34 inch inseam. I've just ordered a 19" Redline Monocog 29er through a local shop and now thinking I should of gone with the 17". The 19" has a 24.5 top tube and the 17" a 23.7 top tube. I currently run a 23.75 top tube with a 90mm stem( I like em short for the rooty, rocky tech we have around here) on my 26er Cove. The bike mechanic suggested a 17" due to tope tube length and standing so much doing the SS thing but I was scared of going to small. After reading some other posts I have started to reconsider my posistion of staying with the 19". Got some ideas for the new guy?

Jeremy

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

Aug 2004
    I'm the same hight and inseam as you, and my lbs guy and I decided on a 19" for me. I also dig the long tt/short stem feel, and like big frames anyhow, so... we'll see how it feels...

Heads up Flyboy!!
    I know the shop ordered 2 more besides my 19 inch. So....hopefully one them is a 17 inch and I compare the two at least in the parking lot before I buy. This thread http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=161371 helped me as well.

Jeremy

Sweep the leg!

19 should be fine for you...

IMHO you'll be fine with the 19" I had the same issue with the Rig, the 17" & 19" are pretty close on the TT length so it was going to come down to final settings of the seat position & stem length. I'm also 6' / 34" inseam and I went with the 19" Rig. I don't know the geopmetry or dimensions of the Redline but if you do you could compare it to the Rig at
    the GF Rig site

Master of the Obvious
    from what I can tell the Monocog and the Rig are "real" simiular in sizing, I am 5'11" with a 32 inseam and am going with the 17"......
    Check out my Blog!
    Yes ! I am posting on my Blog again! come visit!

Members who have read this thread: 0