Short Riders on Asylums- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Short Riders on Asylums

Just curious how many Asylum riders out there are under 5'8''. The medium frame seems pretty small. Got a riding buddy with a 30.5 inch inseam. How's the fit. Any feedback would be great.

gray hair in my shammy
    Quote Originally Posted by Onetrack
    Just curious how many Asylum riders out there are under 5'8''. The medium frame seems pretty small. Got a riding buddy with a 30.5 inch inseam. How's the fit. Any feedback would be great.
    I went through Speedgoats' bike fit for the Asylum and they recommended the medium. I'm 5-10 with a 33 inch inseam. I spoke to Steve there about a large, since I tend to like a longer TT but they recommended against it. He said the jump between the med and large in terms of SO is pretty big. Check your SO on your current ride, It close to 30 on the medium Asylum. I haven't gotten a frame yet, so I can't speak to how the medium would actually fit me, but hope this info helps.
    "Veni, vedi, pulsus" "I came, I saw, I pushed"

mtbr member
    Im 5' 10" with 32" cocyx inseam. Ive been ridin fishers for some time (noted for long TT and low standover height). I never did the rider profile but talked to Steve and Chris both. I'm always stuck between size large and size medium frames. Anyhow, Chris told me that the medium and the large standover height difference was miniscule when built up and compared side by side "real world". From there I opted to order the large due to the 24" TT which is the same as my medium frame Sugar and only .7" less than my large. I felt much more at ease after talking with Chris. Great guy! Funny that the average male is 5' 10" and we are always caught between frame sizes.

I got a trip comin up and I cant get the Monk in time so I dug a little deeper in my pocket and put out for an Asylum.
    Last edited by Fisty; 02-16-2006 at 07:16 AM.

Members who have read this thread: 0