in search of 29er with G2 like geometry- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

in search of 29er with G2 like geometry

Hi,
    I am a long time Gary fisher rider. I converted to 29ers several years ago. I currently have a 2008 hi fi 29er and a x caliber hardtail 29. I put tons of miles on my bikes and know they wont last forever. Since Gary fisher is gone (the trek fisher collection is butt ugly) I need to start shopping brands now. I like the way a fisher handles. Im looking specifically at cross country platforms like the jet 9. Does anybody have some experience with fisher 29ers that swithched to other brands and was happy with the performance after using g2 geometry? thanks for the help. Tim
    29ers are more fun!

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by tmccrohon
    Hi,
    I am a long time Gary fisher rider. I converted to 29ers several years ago. I currently have a 2008 hi fi 29er and a x caliber hardtail 29. I put tons of miles on my bikes and know they wont last forever. Since Gary fisher is gone (the trek fisher collection is butt ugly) I need to start shopping brands now. I like the way a fisher handles. Im looking specifically at cross country platforms like the jet 9. Does anybody have some experience with fisher 29ers that swithched to other brands and was happy with the performance after using g2 geometry? thanks for the help. Tim
    The Treks do. Who cares how they look. It is the ride that matters.

By the time you need a new bike the graphics will have changed anyway.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy
    The Treks do. Who cares how they look. It is the ride that matters.

By the time you need a new bike the graphics will have changed anyway.
    Bingo. Function over form.

If you're after a pretty bike, then the geometry really doesn't matter as much, so find the prettiest bike and get it.

mtbr member

good point.

i'm sure the treks will get the graphics right eventually.
    29ers are more fun!

mtbr member

never wanted pretty

I just didn't want the pumpkin orange like the cobia is offering next year. A great bike on Halloween though.
    29ers are more fun!

Quote Originally Posted by tmccrohon
    i'm sure the treks will get the graphics right eventually.
    No matter what graphics are offered, somebody will hate it and somebody will love it.
    mtbtires.com

mtbr member
    My first 29er was an '07(??) paragon that had a stunning red with slight yellow under or overcoat pearl paint job that really came alive in bright sunlight. Simple, beautiful quality pearls, no over the top graphics. The "fisher collection" looks like overdone walmart bikes now. Trek, are you listening?

Quote Originally Posted by masterofnone
    My first 29er was an '07(??) paragon that had a stunning red with slight yellow under or overcoat pearl paint job that really came alive in bright sunlight. Simple, beautiful quality pearls, no over the top graphics. The "fisher collection" looks like overdone walmart bikes now. Trek, are you listening?
    And others have commented that the Trek graphics are dull, boring and too simple. You can never please everyone.
    mtbtires.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by masterofnone
    BTW, i believe its still the same guys at Fisher doing graphics.

Members who have read this thread: 0