SE Stout rigid fork- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2010

SE Stout rigid fork

Does anyone know what the fork offset is on a SE Stout stock fork?? I was wanting to upgrade to this...http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...STRK:MEWAX:VRI
    It says the offset is 42mm. Would it change the handling for the better or worse??

mtbr member
    Hello,

I have this same fork, and unless you plan on never hitting an obstacle (root, rock, branch, twig, fleshlight, etc.) then go for it. Otherwise stay away. The fork legs are "tinny" and it really is not good to have something aluminum that is going to take massive stress to sound tinny.

Save up the extra for something else to be honest.

Bryan d

PS - the offset from my fork compared to the eXotic was different but I could not tell the difference. Just ride.
    Just keep pedaling, don't stop pedaling.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    dont know if i am right but i define offset as how far in front of the steer tube that the crown holds the legs? by my thinking a stout oem fork does not have any offset but it does have a slight rake (legs trailing forward), which according to se specs is 39mm. not much difference from the fork you like.
    if you look in the post your stout pics thread there is a guy that put a white bros fork on his, the pic looks like it has a pretty darn big offset.
    before i got more interested in working on my bikes drivetrain i looked at that fork, seemed decent. pretty light & reasonable price. you see that they make it in carbon too?
    have fun!

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Yeah I just wanted to upgrade a bit, but if that fork is crap, I will keep looking. Im not looking for carbon though. Im a clyde at 235 (down from 280) so until I get under 200 no carbon for me.

Members who have read this thread: 1