SC Tallboy web page is up- Mtbr.com
    graps the nettle
    Aug 2005

SC Tallboy web page is up

https://www.santacruzbicycles.com/tallboy/

color picker, build kit options, pricing matrix, f.a.q all up and working. setup and maintenance guides still a little way off. also got some of the bag of cats fun behind the scenes getting the page built here:

https://www.santacruzbicycles.com/104bronson/

interbike dirt demo is when we'll have a big handful of bikes available for riding...
    hold my beer...

mtbr member
    I like this bike but shame on SC for putting those tyres on that bike...especially in the front! You guys know better!

Also, you may want to reconsider this copy:

"...That, plus 100mm of rear wheel travel paired with fast rolling large diameter wheels spells out one thing: Long Haul Trucker...."

Long Haul Trucker is Surly bike model...just sayin!
    Professional Amateur

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Soupboy
    I like this bike but shame on SC for putting those tyres on that bike...especially in the front! You guys know better!

Also, you may want to reconsider this copy:

"...That, plus 100mm of rear wheel travel paired with fast rolling large diameter wheels spells out one thing: Long Haul Trucker...."

Long Haul Trucker is Surly bike model...just sayin!
    Does that stuff REALLY bother you?
    Really?
    I wish I had your problems....

mtbr member
    $5,795 *gulp*

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    nice to see the 120 fox as a build kit option.

is the 100 mm reba the QR version? hard to tell from that dark pic.
    Originally posted by bucksaw87
    I still fail to see how mustaches, fixies, and PBR are ironic.

graps the nettle
    Aug 2005

big axle only

Quote Originally Posted by frorider
    nice to see the 120 fox as a build kit option.

is the 100 mm reba the QR version? hard to tell from that dark pic.
    we're not offering a q.r style build kit for the Tallboy at all. they're all big axle forks.
    hold my beer...

mtbr member
    that thing is awesome. travel, looks, finish, its got the whole bettie page. i want to ride one.
    For a rock steady Gas Tank bag > the DeWidget

bit.ly/BuyDeWidget

https://www.instagram.com/drj0n_bagworks/

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Will it be available as a frame only?

graps the nettle
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by biking_dane
    Will it be available as a frame only?
    as with all our other bikes, yes. check the website for the complete breakdown of pricing from frame only through every build option possible.
    hold my beer...

mtbr member
    Hmm.. I have no experience with the monarch rear shock.. How does it compare to the Float RP2/RP3? Anyone have any info on this?
    2009 Fisher Paragon
    XT Cranks, C29ssmax's, PG-990 11-34
    2.25 Racing Ralphs tubeless via Stans
    Truativ NOIR Carbon Riser

mtbr member

Wow

Quote Originally Posted by MtotheF

https://www.santacruzbicycles.com/tallboy/

color picker, build kit options, pricing matrix, f.a.q all up and working. setup and maintenance guides still a little way off. also got some of the bag of cats fun behind the scenes getting the page built here:

https://www.santacruzbicycles.com/104bronson/

interbike dirt demo is when we'll have a big handful of bikes available for riding...
    That thing looks KILLER!!!!!!!

Way to go SC!

mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Good Info.

Real numbers, finally. I did note their 100mm minimum seatpost insertion limit with interest, as it nixes use of a Joplin (or similar) post for me. Not a deal killer, just good to know up front...

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky J
    Real numbers, finally. I did note their 100mm minimum seatpost insertion limit with interest, as it nixes use of a Joplin (or similar) post for me. Not a deal killer, just good to know up front...
    Not so.....you can run a Joplin/Gravity Dropper style post, no problem!

bicycle rider
    That looks like a Mensomobile to me.

Morgan

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    we're not offering a q.r style build kit for the Tallboy at all. they're all big axle forks.
    glad to hear it. other than racing applications w/ an 80 mm travel fork, i really don't see any point to QR 29er suspension forks...thru axle is just plain better.

mtbr member
    What's up with the headset?

Looks like they have an internal headset cup on the top and an external cup on the bottom. Weird! They couldn't figure out which one to use so....why not use both.

Also how much tire clearance is that rear tire going to have once the rear shocks sag is set properly ?????

bog
    mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    [QUOTE=MtotheF]as with all our other bikes, yes. check the website for the complete breakdown of pricing from frame only through every build option possible.[/QUOTEhatEhat

What size frame is in that picture? Any Pro/E renderings of an XL frame available?
    Tallboy3c : Stigmata2 : Hightower LT

graps the nettle
    Aug 2005

ummm,

[QUOTE=bog]
    as with all our other bikes, yes. check the website for the complete breakdown of pricing from frame only through every build option possible.[/QUOTEhatEhat

What size frame is in that picture? Any Pro/E renderings of an XL frame available?
    i can't remember if that's a medium or a large. i think medium, but don't quote me on that. we should have pics of one of the xl ride samples up on the blog in a day or so, but they may not be graphic correct. it'll be the right shape frame and everything, just not sure about the decals. hopefully the guy riding it hasn't plastered it with pictures of unicorns or rainbows...
    hold my beer...

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Good looker, that bike.

Why no X9 or X0 build options for the TB?

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=bog]
    as with all our other bikes, yes. check the website for the complete breakdown of pricing from frame only through every build option possible.[/QUOTEhatEhat

Thought you were gettin' a SF 100 there bog!

Heck, after seeing this bad boy I'm wavering too. Glad I haven't actually put my money on an order for the Epic. This is what I REALLY want!

I'd like to see a pic of the XL as well. PLEASE!

Looks like a fantastic bike! Way to go Santa Cruz!

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Pedals not included? I guess that was their way of keeping it under 6 grand!
    My brain went from "you probably shouldn't say that" to WTF!

banned
    Sep 2007
    For 6 gees, it oughta come with the knee padded model too. You could call it the Hummer Vee. For 4x that price, you can buy a new VW Jetta TDI that gets 43 mpg and has a 6 speed automatic. And the frame will never risk cracking or breaking on the VW.

Let's ride
    $2350 for the frame. Not bad.

Northern Aggressor
    Jan 2007
    Wow, that actaully looks a like great bargain.

Not.

mtbr member

$2,350

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Chocula

Not.
    About the same price as a Specialized or Turner.....just saying

bog
    mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    [QUOTE=goneskiian]
    Quote Originally Posted by bog
    Thought you were gettin' a SF 100 there bog!

Heck, after seeing this bad boy I'm wavering too. Glad I haven't actually put my money on an order for the Epic. This is what I REALLY want!

I'd like to see a pic of the XL as well. PLEASE!

Looks like a fantastic bike! Way to go Santa Cruz!
    I'm still leaning towards the Fly 100 but I need to see both in person and I'd like to read some reviews on the Tallboy first. It's not too hard to guess how the Fly 100 will ride and I've owned a Blur classic, a VP Free & still ride a Nomad classic so I'm very familiar with VPP1 ride characteristcs but I've never ridden a VPP2 bike.

mtbr member
    Never liked how Santa Cruz makes their bikes so tall with relatively short TT's. Why is the ST 19.5 inches for a 24" TT? The ST should be more like 18.5" at the most. Just my opinion.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinshield
    Never liked how Santa Cruz makes their bikes so tall with relatively short TT's. Why is the ST 19.5 inches for a 24" TT? The ST should be more like 18.5" at the most. Just my opinion.
    two reasons. first off, they're trying to get you to use more new-school geo...i.e. the gen'l industry trend has been toward shorter ETT's and wider bars, since this works more better than what we were riding in 1996..

secondly, most new frames (incl this one) can combine a low standover height w/ a reasonably tall seat tube height.

I'm 6'3" with long arms and legs, and would probably opt for the size L tallboy (24 inch ETT). so the 19.5 seat tube is just right for me for an xc/trail kind of bike.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by frorider
    two reasons. first off, they're trying to get you to use more new-school geo...i.e. the gen'l industry trend has been toward shorter ETT's and wider bars, since this works more better than what we were riding in 1996..

secondly, most new frames (incl this one) can combine a low standover height w/ a reasonably tall seat tube height.

I'm 6'3" with long arms and legs, and would probably opt for the size L tallboy (24 inch ETT). so the 19.5 seat tube is just right for me for an xc/trail kind of bike.
    The whole wide bars thing only works until you can't fit down your favorite trails. Anything wider than 26" here and you're not going to fit through some trail sections.

You might be right but I've never been comfortable on bikes with short top tubes.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Chocula

Not.

Please show us another carbon fiber full suspension 29er' that you can purchase for less?

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Anyone else notice that the FAQ states the Tallboy will not accept an XX crank? Anyone know any more specifics other than whats said there? I've already ordered.

I'm really not sure what to do at this point, other than return it. Because the statement was so general I'm almost apt to try it out. Consider the best case scenario: 26//39t with the wider 166 Q factor, think it can work?

I've scoured the internet for what little info I have found, this stuff isn't even out yet so its hard to say. Any help from someone on the inside would be greatly appreciated.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005

a theory

i have a theory that most 29er fans are guys that have poo-pooed the advancement of suspension bikes since the mid nineties. You know the ones, still on their flexy ti hardtails with 80mm fork tops, zero degree 135mm stems, 22 inch wide bars and brake levers pointing at the ground. But since 29ers came along, it gave them an out so they could switch to a more modern machine without having to eat crow on all the proclamations they've made about how full-suspension will always stink, and steel is real, or whatever old school ravings that don't really hold true anymore. Now the ravings are absolute in the acceptance of all things big wheeled, and the criticism of all things 26 inched.
    It would explain a lot really. I mean, 29 inch wheel bikes aren't all horrible, but many of the offerings out there are inferior in bump absorption, stiffness and pedaling performance compared to their 26 inch wheeled counterparts. There are no stiff 29 inch aluminum rimmed wheels that compare to 26 inch ones. Period. If you think there are, you don't know what a stiff wheel is. Can it be fixed eventually? Sure, but for now its just the way it is.
    But since many of the supporters skipped those years, and don't really understand modern suspension (read some yahoo's comment in the above thread about how much tire clearance there would be after it sags in - uh, that makes no sense dude). In fact, much of the "concerns" listed in the 29er forum are never discussed elsewhere. Like who gives a sh*t what tire is on the bike when it comes stock right? Or the seat tube length? Seat tube length? Just get a different seat post length, or is this all about vanity? In this thread one person is complaining about it being too long, and another about it being too short.
    Go ahead and flame me, but do it after considering this idea first. Its OK to have your opinion about how a bike should ride, but really, have you been staying up to date you old curmedgeon? And that doesn't mean you had some off-brand POS squish bike, and then got a hardtail 29er and "it felt so much more efficient". It explains why a lot of people think that a lot of 29er folk are called kooks for these types of things, like good mtb geometry, that have been settled for many years in 26 inch wheel land.
    Just a thought... Do a little research into what is currently accepted by most, and tone down the rhetoric a little bit (it is nice to see some sane comments in this thread). 29ers now have their place in the industry. If anything, this new model might be a watershed moment for 29ers - modern suspension, modern materials, and modern geometry. Do a bit of research into what works and is well accepted after years of refinement in, gasp, 26 inch wheel mountain bikes, before getting all nuts with these proclamations. your kook is showing.
    here we go again

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by eleven-yo
    i have a theory that most 29er fans are guys that have poo-pooed the advancement of suspension bikes since the mid nineties. You know the ones, still on their flexy ti hardtails with 80mm fork tops, zero degree 135mm stems, 22 inch wide bars and brake levers pointing at the ground. But since 29ers came along, it gave them an out so they could switch to a more modern machine without having to eat crow on all the proclamations they've made about how full-suspension will always stink, and steel is real, or whatever old school ravings that don't really hold true anymore. Now the ravings are absolute in the acceptance of all things big wheeled, and the criticism of all things 26 inched.
    It would explain a lot really. I mean, 29 inch wheel bikes aren't all horrible, but many of the offerings out there are inferior in bump absorption, stiffness and pedaling performance compared to their 26 inch wheeled counterparts. There are no stiff 29 inch aluminum rimmed wheels that compare to 26 inch ones. Period. If you think there are, you don't know what a stiff wheel is. Can it be fixed eventually? Sure, but for now its just the way it is.
    But since many of the supporters skipped those years, and don't really understand modern suspension (read some yahoo's comment in the above thread about how much tire clearance there would be after it sags in - uh, that makes no sense dude). In fact, much of the "concerns" listed in the 29er forum are never discussed elsewhere. Like who gives a sh*t what tire is on the bike when it comes stock right? Or the seat tube length? Seat tube length? Just get a different seat post length, or is this all about vanity? In this thread one person is complaining about it being too long, and another about it being too short.
    Go ahead and flame me, but do it after considering this idea first. Its OK to have your opinion about how a bike should ride, but really, have you been staying up to date you old curmedgeon? And that doesn't mean you had some off-brand POS squish bike, and then got a hardtail 29er and "it felt so much more efficient". It explains why a lot of people think that a lot of 29er folk are called kooks for these types of things, like good mtb geometry, that have been settled for many years in 26 inch wheel land.
    Just a thought... Do a little research into what is currently accepted by most, and tone down the rhetoric a little bit (it is nice to see some sane comments in this thread). 29ers now have their place in the industry. If anything, this new model might be a watershed moment for 29ers - modern suspension, modern materials, and modern geometry. Do a bit of research into what works and is well accepted after years of refinement in, gasp, 26 inch wheel mountain bikes, before getting all nuts with these proclamations. your kook is showing.

Huh????? ^^^^^^^^ Where did this guy come from?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JSumner13
    Huh????? ^^^^^^^^ Where did this guy come from?

The troll cave.....

Troll cave.jpg

Recovering Weight Weenie
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinshield
    Never liked how Santa Cruz makes their bikes so tall with relatively short TT's.
    Relative to what?

Salsa's Big Mama XL toptube is 23.5" vs. the Tall Boy's 25".

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Padre
    Relative to what?

Salsa's Big Mama XL toptube is 23.5" vs. the Tall Boy's 25".

My preference. The large has a 24" TT and a 19.5" ST. Salsa does the same thing. I'd rather have a smaller frame with more seat post.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Geo seems good. Carbon- not so much...for me. Let's see how this thing rides and if durability has improved. IB should be fun this year.

graps the nettle
    Aug 2005

durability...

Quote Originally Posted by Flyer
    Geo seems good. Carbon- not so much...for me. Let's see how this thing rides and if durability has improved. IB should be fun this year.
    improved relative to what? the other santa cruz 29" bikes? other vpp bikes in general? old fisher paragons?

i gotta stop checking this board right when the morning coffee hits. gets me all feisty.
    hold my beer...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    You obviously have not worked at SC for very long. I meant improved relative to their crap bearings that had to be replaced every few months and the CS really sucked with the most arrogant and cocky reps working there. I saw my buddy with a SC Blur go through hell. Sometime after, SC started to offer lifetime bearings.

So when I said "improved" I was referring to that. Do a search on Google or on this forum for posts referring to this. Have things changed- I hope so because I sure would not buy a SC if they have not. This bike has a lot going for it- on paper so far. Let's hope that isn't the best it gets.

improved relative to what? the other santa cruz 29" bikes? other vpp bikes in general? old fisher paragons?

i gotta stop checking this board right when the morning coffee hits. gets me all feisty.

San Diego County
    Interesting. I still have a 04 v-10 and an 03 bullit, both frames original bearings are still good. Many friends with blurs, hecklers, bullits, v-10's, superlites, nomads.and none of us seem to have had any problems with bearings that I know of.

Is it really wet where you live or what would cause your friend's bearing destruction? Just asking.

Has SC had problems with their current carbon frames?
    Quote Originally Posted by turnerbikes View Post
    Of course the easiest way to fix this is to go for a hike.
    DT

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    It was a wet couple of years and between the squeaking and subsequent bearing destruction over and over, it was a horrible experience for him. He loved the bike and piad MSRP for it and the way the SC warranty reps treated him and the shop, was pretty unforgettable.

Not to appear smug but my Ventana and Turner ( at the time he owned his Blur and we rode together) had zero issues in all those wet trails and zero squeaks. The bearing issue affected many and forced SC to offer free replacements. Not knocking the current bikes and I am sure things have improved overall...and I don't want to get into an argument with anyone. Obviously the Heckler, Nomad, Blur LT, etc. have and are doing well.

I like the new VPP design and the geo of this 29er. The carbon may be what holds me back from ever trying it but the bike looks great. The Mojo was my last carbon bike....I think.

bog
    mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    I'm not doubting that people have had trouble with SC's customer service in the past but you can say that about any company. I had a Blur mk1 & I still have a Nomad mk1 & i've definitely had some bearing issues due to the wet weather up herein BC. I've been very well taken care of by SC with bearings & seals. It took them a few months to figure out the issues & get me some prototype seals & bearings but they stepped up & fixed things for me. It's a fact of life that products are sometimes brought to market without thorough testing under all conditions. As an engineer I've been there myself so I may have more understanding & sympathy when it comes to this type of issue. The mark of a good company is their ability to help the customers with existing problems and the ability to design out the problems in future bikes. They may not have satisfied everybody with issues but I know they did what they could and I wouldn't worry too much about the new generation of SC bikes.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I'm not arguing with that. I like where they are going and will keep an open mind

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyer
    You obviously have not worked at SC for very long. I meant improved relative to their crap bearings that had to be replaced every few months and the CS really sucked with the most arrogant and cocky reps working there. I saw my buddy with a SC Blur go through hell. Sometime after, SC started to offer lifetime bearings.

So when I said "improved" I was referring to that. Do a search on Google or on this forum for posts referring to this. Have things changed- I hope so because I sure would not buy a SC if they have not. This bike has a lot going for it- on paper so far. Let's hope that isn't the best it gets.
    yeah, this M to the F guy has only worked at SC for 4 weeks now. in fact he's never ridden a mtn bike, so, cut him some slack.

seriously, i wonder sometimes how guys on mtbr manage to avoid getting any info about bikes. yes, SC had a bunch of issues with their previous bearing designs. so yes, they put a lot of effort into the completely new design with the grease-port lower bearings. ask around...the new bearing design has turned out to be bomber. i've ridden my nomad 2 hard all summer, zero creaks, zero issues. will i get a tallboy? not sure. but the bearing design on the tallboy is actually one of the pluses compared to the niner and pivot competition. hope you get that memo eventually.

mnt bike laws of physics
    [QUOTE=MtotheF]
    Quote Originally Posted by bog

i can't remember if that's a medium or a large. i think medium, but don't quote me on that. we should have pics of one of the xl ride samples up on the blog in a day or so, but they may not be graphic correct. it'll be the right shape frame and everything, just not sure about the decals. hopefully the guy riding it hasn't plastered it with pictures of unicorns or rainbows...

I looked on the blog and didn't see any XL pics. I am interested in seeing the XXL if you don't mind.

Me thinks the Lefty PBR would make a v light/sweet bike with this frame. Wonder how I would make it work with the tapered HT. May need 2 get a tapered streerer tube from Fox and use it with a lower headshock bearing and a upper adapter from project 321.

graps the nettle
    Aug 2005

sorry

got distracted with a model building contest and some motorcycle parts, and some sideshow down in australia where some guy who races for us won some kind of world championship or something.

will get the xxl pics up this week, swear to it...
    hold my beer...

San Diego County
    got distracted with some sideshow down in australia where some guy who races for us won some kind of world championship or something.
    That was a week ago and what, no props for Minnaar too?
    Quote Originally Posted by turnerbikes View Post
    Of course the easiest way to fix this is to go for a hike.
    DT

graps the nettle
    Aug 2005

him too...

Quote Originally Posted by Duzitall
    That was a week ago and what, no props for Minnaar too?
    it's humbling beyond words to have two riders run 1-2 at the world championships, and you're right, minnaar deserves some props too. especially in light of how gracious both he and mick were in talking of their race runs and giving it their all. never made excuses, threw down huge, and took the second step without complaint. can't be easy when you are that good. but it was peaty's week. we'll get some minnaar love going again, but first we've got people wanting to see an xxl tallboy. and yes, i have been lagging.
    hold my beer...

graps the nettle
    Aug 2005

decisions...

Quote Originally Posted by arichardson5
    Anyone else notice that the FAQ states the Tallboy will not accept an XX crank? Anyone know any more specifics other than whats said there? I've already ordered.

I'm really not sure what to do at this point, other than return it. Because the statement was so general I'm almost apt to try it out. Consider the best case scenario: 26//39t with the wider 166 Q factor, think it can work?

I've scoured the internet for what little info I have found, this stuff isn't even out yet so its hard to say. Any help from someone on the inside would be greatly appreciated.
    when we were designing the tallboy, the decision to make it XX compatible was one that ended up being sacrificed in favor of some other considerations that we thought were more important - shorter chainstays, tire clearance, frame stiffness and VPP suspension. VPP is good stuff, but wedging the lower link in where it needs to be and at the same time getting the stays super-short is not as easy as it seems. secondly, tire clearance was paramount, and the chainstays have to bow wide at a really inconvenient place for XX clearance in that regard. we could have made the chainstay narrower there, but then it would have been flimsier than we wanted, which gets us to point 3. third, we needed that beef there so that the rear end would be stiff and strong - not willing to compromise on that one.
    hold my beer...

mtbr member
    What is the average weight? I think this frame weighs around 5.5 lbs- is that correct? If it is, keeping it stiff and strong is going to be a Tall order.

Seriously speaking, if this does end up being true. SC has acheived quite a bit from a design standpoint. While I liked the Ibis Mojo, that was one small thing that bothered me, regardless of ramblings about engineered flex and all that rubbish. The Mojo is a great bike and climbs really well (esp with a medium tune, though you give up small-bump compliance) but the flex is not easy to design out with these light carbon frames. Some may not feel it but I do. It is something I'd rather not have to get used to.

So I'm skeptical yet hopeful and time will tell. If true, I'll be impressed. I'll get some riding in on one of these as soon as they are available at the local dealers as demos. I generally use Shimano, Race Face, and FSA cranks, The XX sounds good for some but I don't think I want such a narrow q-factor myself so I don't consider it an issue.

when we were designing the tallboy, the decision to make it XX compatible was one that ended up being sacrificed in favor of some other considerations that we thought were more important - shorter chainstays, tire clearance, frame stiffness and VPP suspension. VPP is good stuff, but wedging the lower link in where it needs to be and at the same time getting the stays super-short is not as easy as it seems. secondly, tire clearance was paramount, and the chainstays have to bow wide at a really inconvenient place for XX clearance in that regard. we could have made the chainstay narrower there, but then it would have been flimsier than we wanted, which gets us to point 3. third, we needed that beef there so that the rear end would be stiff and strong - not willing to compromise on that one.

graps the nettle
    Aug 2005

XXL pics

okay, way late and not very good, but photographed next to a genuine freak of nature, XXL Tallboy glimpsed today before getting loaded into the interbike wagon:

http://www.santacruzbicycles.com/104bronson/?p=603

also a note for folks in norcal, there'll be a good handful of the things available to ride on october 3rd, in wilder ranch, santa cruz, at our post-interbike-mega-hella-demo event. details will go up on le blog soon, or via email...

bluemountain, for the record - bike is stiff and strong. our numbers from the machines that break things, as well as our butt-o-meters, determine it to be right between the xc carbon and lt carbon in terms of chassis "feel." it's stiff. rides nice. target weight is 5 pounds (can't remember if we were targeting a medium or large frame. that's what i get for posting while getting my pre-interbike liver marinade on). but hell, i'm a marketing stooge, so anything i say is suspect. ride, then decide.
    hold my beer...

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Dang, that guy is as tall as me. I guess I need to order one of those bikes soon!
    When will the XXL ship?

graps the nettle
    Aug 2005

hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by biking_dane
    Dang, that guy is as tall as me. I guess I need to order one of those bikes soon!
    When will the XXL ship?
    my magic crystal ball just went all cloudy. that's what happens when cocktailposting during deadline crunch. to be as vague as possible and avoid painting myself into a corner, i'll go with "sometime between early october and mid december."

now i really have to get offline and pack my stuzzduzzpuzzmuzzle for interbike. many miles to drive...
    hold my beer...

jms
    mtbr member

Ole!

also a note for folks in norcal, there'll be a good handful of the things available to ride on october 3rd, in wilder ranch, santa cruz, at our post-interbike-mega-hella-demo event. details will go up on le blog soon, or via email...
    Cool! That's a damn fine place to try out [debatable] the once and future king of FS 29ers. I got a feeling it'll be that good a chassis.
    But do be sure to put something other than that Small Block 8/Mavic TN 719 "package" on those test bikes. One big fat guy, those wheels and tires, and a run down "Mailbox" and Taquaria Vallarta will be envious of the results.

Members who have read this thread: 0