SC TallBoy: Is it still relevant?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2007

SC TallBoy: Is it still relevant?

Is the Santa Cruz Tallboy still a relevant bike with the surge of competing 29ers? Is the geometry and handling still competitive?

I am thinking carbon Tallboy versus other carbon offerings, and aluminum Tallboy versus other aluminum offerings.

It seems that a year or two ago the Tallboy was mentioned in every single thread, but now the references seem fewer and farther between.

What do you think?

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I don't think it's irrelevant, I just think the Tallboy LT has transferred a lot of its popularity.

AZ
    banned
    If it suits your needs it is relevant.

mtbr member
    Still the best all AM bike out there!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DRILLINDK View Post
    Really?

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    I would say it's one of the better short travel 29er's. Great for XC but definately not the best AM bike today. I guess it depends on where you ride.

TR
    Angry bunny
    Quote Originally Posted by doismellbacon View Post
    Really?
    Plus 1.
    It never was an AM bike.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Venturewest View Post
    Is the Santa Cruz Tallboy still a relevant bike with the surge of competing 29ers? Is the geometry and handling still competitive?

I am thinking carbon Tallboy versus other carbon offerings, and aluminum Tallboy versus other aluminum offerings.

It seems that a year or two ago the Tallboy was mentioned in every single thread, but now the references seem fewer and farther between.

What do you think?
    I think it doesn't get mentioned as often because it's a dead horse. Yes the Tallboy is still a competitive bike but it hasn't changed except for minor tweaks since it's introduction so nothing really new to say about it.
    '12 Trek Marlin Signature Green
    '13 Santa Cruz Tallboy LT Gulf Blue/Orange

mtbr member
    I don't know about "one the best AM bikes" but I would say it's still one of the best raceable trail bikes out there.
    If I had a black light this place would look like a Jackson Pollock painting.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by DRILLINDK View Post
    It's not bad but I definitely wouldn't call it the best..
    Last edited by Max24; 03-08-2015 at 10:54 PM.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Still relevant, the difference is, it isn't the bike out there anymore. Still a very capable bike and some folks absolutely love it. The landscape has changed and there are many bikes that can compete with it and some that are arguably better. Now it is more of a question of; is it the bike for you?
    Here's to sweat in your eye.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    I had the same question. I've ridden my fair share of 29er's. I've most recently been in love with the Specialized Stumpy FSR 29er. I've had the one with a brain and an EVO (both 2012). I've also ridden the Spec Camber Pro 29'er. I live in Bellingham, WA and my normal ride is on Galbraith which starts with a decent climb up and a fast flowy/ somewhat techy downhill.

That said, I was a little concerned with the TBc as it hasn't changed in many years and a lot of other companies have really improved and changed their bikes.

Just a couple weeks ago, I bought a TBc. It's an early 2012 so it still has a 135rear ( I run a 135x10 thru axle) and I absolutely LOVE the bike. I run it with a 120mm front fork. I think it has the perfect balance of relaxed and aggressive. I had a Talas to run on the front (95-120) but didn't even put it on as it works great with the Float on the front at 120mm.

I honestly am disappointed that I didnt get this bike sooner. It's been out for years... and even today, it's one of the best bikes I've ridden. I do see where the Stumpy with a F29 34 front at 140mm ate through chudder better, but I find the TBc more agile and more like a race car than a off-roading truck...

There will always be another bike... but for now, I'm happy with this one.

When buying this bike, I also considered the Pivot 429 (al), Giant Trance 29, Keeping the Stumpy Evo I just got, Superfly 100 Carbon, and Camber. I am very glad I chose the TBc. it's mighty sexy!!

I test rode all of the bikes above besides the Superfly but ended up buying the TBc without testriding it (couldn't find one locally) and it was worth the risk...

So in one word... Yes, it is still relevant...

And the fact that I can build it with a Dropper and pedals at 25.8lbs doesn't hurt either...

SC TallBoy: Is it still relevant?-photo-5.jpg
    Last edited by Iqbal624; 03-03-2013 at 01:03 AM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    For XC, trail riding, all day epics, racing, and super fast mile munching, the Tallboy is definitely one of the best bikes. Its so capable and balanced that a lot of people race super D's and enduros on them. Definitely a recommended bike. For even more aggro riding, the Tallboy LT or LTc are perfect. Not many bikes score a full 5 out of 5 mark by bike mags and sites such as Bikeradar and What Mountain Bike.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Lots of insightful comments and information. I did go with a Tallboy in aluminum because that is how much money I had.

I hope that feel the same as you Iqbal624 even though my bike will most likely weigh closer to 29 lbs.

Dickhouse
    Dec 2010
    Josh Tostado, winner of Breckenridge 100 7 years in a row, told me he was thinking about going with a Tallboy next year (currently rides Blur XC). So, i'd say its a pretty capable XC machine.

Tallboy LT is a different bike completely.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dickt3030 View Post
    Josh Tostado, winner of Breckenridge 100 7 years in a row, told me he was thinking about going with a Tallboy next year (currently rides Blur XC). So, i'd say its a pretty capable XC machine.

Tallboy LT is a different bike completely.
    Now that's cool. Really cool in fact. Could he still win on an aluminum Tallboy?

meow meow
    still one of the best 100mm 29ers out there. its just no longer new and flashy so it doesn't get mentioned as much anymore. i think how long it has been around with realtivly few tweaks speaks to how good it is.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Even though I sold mine for the Jet 9 RDO, I would say I personally loved the Tallboy. It looks good, its light, its fast and very capable. I wouldn't say it was all mountain though. Having spent time on the Tallboy LTc I would say that was more of an all mountain bike in 29er form. After the Jet 9 RDO, I will be going with the Tallboy LTc, just waiting for SC to give us some new paint options for carbon. The LTC just climbed so impressively, I couldn't believe it and it fit so perfect! On the serious rough stuff it eats up anything in its path, the Fox 34 is really impressive, and the LTc has lots of rear travel, even more than its competitors that are in or soon to come out in that category. Now, I say that but Niner carbon RIP is hitting shops this month and will be the new one on my radar to test and see how it stacks up against the Tallboy Ltc.

I'm sure we'll be seeing all kinds of threads stacking and comparing the LTC verse the Niner Carbon Rip 9 RDO. Trust me, they're coming and I look forward to them.

I will agree since its been around for a few years already the newer bikes have been getting the press because they are newer, doesn't mean the Tallboy isn't relevant because it is. I would say probably even more relevant being that it is older tried and true and customers love it even with newer offerings. That should say something. SC does need to update it a bit but I'm sure they are working on that. The newer bikes do other things very well too. The question is, is it relevant to you that you will buy one? I think you'll love the bike. I did. Now I'll love my RDO...

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I'm personally hoping that at some point Santa Cruz will do a trail version of the Tallboy with a slacker head angle, shorter stays, iscg mounts, stealth dropper routing, and maybe bump up the rear travel a little bit. That would keep it at the forefront and mirror more closely how some people are building theirs up.

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wncunderground View Post
    I'm personally hoping that at some point Santa Cruz will do a trail version of the Tallboy with a slacker head angle, shorter stays, iscg mounts, stealth dropper routing, and maybe bump up the rear travel a little bit. That would keep it at the forefront and mirror more closely how some people are building theirs up.

Would it even be a Tallboy at that point?

mtbr member
    =wncunderground;10208604]I'm personally hoping that at some point Santa Cruz will do a trail version of the Tallboy with a slacker head angle, shorter stays, iscg mounts, stealth dropper routing, and maybe bump up the rear travel a little bit. That would keep it at the forefront and mirror more closely how some people are building theirs up.

Other than maybe shorter chain stays and stealth routing....how is this not a TBLT?

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    It would be an updated version of the tallboy. Just like they did with blur xc when they make the blur trail. Tallboy Trail.

mtbr member extraordinair
    Its still one of the best. It hasn't changed significantly, so it's no less relevant than before. I just think now you are hearing more about the copycats and new kids on the scene. But those of us who own a Tallboy know.
    Grit, spit, and a whole lot of duct tape!

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by wncunderground View Post
    It would be an updated version of the tallboy. Just like they did with blur xc when they make the blur trail. Tallboy Trail.
    Isn't it called the Tallboy LT and LTc? The Trail Tallboy if you will. Unless you mean something in between the Tallboy and Tallboy LT.

mtbr member

Re: SC TallBoy: Is it still relevant?

Can you maybe elaborate on the specs you have in mind. I know the 120/100mm combo seems to work really well on most trails in my area and still lets you run XC really well.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member

Isn't it called the Tallboy LT and LTc? The Trail Tallboy if you will. Unless you mean something in between the Tallboy and Tallboy LT.
    SC rates the LT as Trail/All Mountain.....

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Wow, that bike rack looks a little small for your bike.
    Single Track Rules!

mtbr member
    Jan 2013

What do you think?
    Ive had other 29ers , anthem x1, niner rip 9, and now the tallboy carbon, I wanted a bike that was a mix of both the anthem and rip, so I got the tb, best bike Ive ever owned, I ride in bootlen canyon at least 3xs a week, easily handles all the am trails out there, still has a very xc feel to it and its fast , run it with 120 fork and xc tires, this bike just rips

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    It's as relevant as it ever was.

By that, I mean that it was never the groundbreaking bike that some made it out to be. Most of those people have moved on to the newest thing.

And none of them have been groundbreaking bikes either. Just look at all the people still buying single pivots every year and pretending that it's hot because the industry forced them to buy a new rear wheel, or crank, or stem, or fork to fit the so-called "standard" of the year.

That said, maybe I should back up and ask what relevant means to you. If you mean is it still a good riding bike. Sure. If you were asking if it still impresses you riding buddies as much as it did a couple years ago, the answer would be no.
    Last edited by JeffS; 03-08-2013 at 10:20 PM.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    As was just stated. Relevent sure. Is it the bike, only you can answer that. Two post before this one someone sold a RIP9 to get a Tallboy. I just retired a TB to get a RIP9. For him the TB is the better bike, for me the RIP9 is the better bike. It depends on what you are looking for and your riding style.
    Here's to sweat in your eye.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Lots of very relevant trickle down. I'm riding a SuperLight 29 which has been tweaked to the point of 120/100 but with a more throw-around geometry and I'm loving it. Were it not for the TB the SL29 wouldn't exist.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    While I still love riding my TBc, I have to admit I can't wait to test ride the Spider 29 Comp demo bike sitting at my LBS. I think having a 120F/120R with the ability to adjust to 150F/130R with the slacker HTA will make for a great trail bike.
    Ripley LS v3
    OG Ripley v2 handed down to son

Chumley for prez!
    The people on the MTBR 29er forum are still talking about it, so it must be relevant?

TR
    Angry bunny
    Well, it was the 100mm XC dually that you could run with a 120mm fork and use for trail/ light AM.
    now you have proper trail/AM bikes to choose from so that you don't have to compromise by using a TB for a purpose it was not designed for.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by TR View Post
    Well, it was the 100mm XC dually that you could run with a 120mm fork and use for trail/ light AM.
    now you have proper trail/AM bikes to choose from so that you don't have to compromise by using a TB for a purpose it was not designed for.
    Guess it depends on you idea of compromise. If one must use labels on bikes, then I think of the TBc as a Trail bike leaning toward XC and the long bikes like TBLT and Stumpjumper as a Trail bike leaning toward AM. I will say the TBc is a better fit for my riding than the SJ was.
    Ripley LS v3

TR
    Angry bunny
    If you are happy with calling a 100mm XC bike with a 120mm fork trail then that is fine.

TR
    Angry bunny
    If you are happy with calling a 100mm XC bike with a 120mm fork trail then that is fine.
    All I am saying is that there is much greater choice for AM/Trail now so if you are looking for a bike specific to that purpose, you may not pick the TallboyC.
    For example you could not in any way compare a TBC to say a Banshee Prime if you were looking in that AM space.

SpoK Werks Handmade Goods
    That's in interesting question. I'm an avid "retro grouch" who shuns suspension and gears at every turn. However, the few times I've ever considered even trying a fully the SC has come to mind. I truly feel that most fully's are obsolete about the minute that they're available on the showroom floor. I say that because there's probably a new version of that bike in production somewhere in the world so "next year" you'll "need" to buy a new one. One thing that I've always liked about SC is that they seem to try very hard to perfect things before releasing them to the public. Therefore, they're designs (suspension, geometry, bike design) seem to rarely change over time.

Now, do you need a fully or do you want a fully? That's the question you need to answer. Personally, I tell people to figure out what they want X bike for and buy one of the various bikes that fits that bill and their budget. I generally also tell friends to buy the best bike that they can afford instead of always thinking of upgrading. If you're new to the sport, you've got a lot of other things to do than worry about your components, etc.

Anyway... I've said my piece. Enjoy riding whatever you end up with. :-)

SS in CO
    what are the riding differences between the TBc and the TB LTc? does the 140 up front make it slower vs the 120?

J.
    are you a bike shop owner? or a custom builder? I want to talk to you about your website

SS Pusher Man
    I've had my TallboyC since they released them. It has done everything I have asked of it. I sold my Heckler the year after I got my Tallboy.....it was just as capable as the Heckler for 90% of the riding I do.

I don't ride it as much as I used to.....but that is more about me and not the bike. I tend to spend most of my time on the SS. However every time I get back on the Tallboy, I remember why I so enjoy riding it. Actually been on it my last 2 rides.

I have been getting the urge to try a Tallboy LTc, but won't.....because I know I will want one if I do.

It is still a very relevant bike these days.....still see tons of them out on the trails around here. Just because they aren't being talked about on the boards, does not mean that they are "has been" bikes.
    Bicycles donít have motors or batteries.:nono:

Ebikes are not bicycles :nono:

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    In my book the Tallboy is an XC bike, and a classic in the genre. Capable of bigger stuff in the right hands, but nonetheless an XC bike at heart. The current 29'er trend towards slack and long is interesting and full of promise and vitality; but hardly a discussion related to the original Tallboy, and as such not affecting it's 'relevance'.

I hope I'm right, because I just purchased one

Uncle
    Quote Originally Posted by dickt3030 View Post
    I'd say this more than anything else supports the idea that the Blur XC is still relevant. I love my 29er, but I'm glad to hear that guys are still kicking ass in long races on little wheels.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Jason44, I have owned both and the TBc is still one of the best handeling 29's out there. I am now on the TBLTc and it is a slightly slower turning bike with more relaxed angles and longer travel and more plush. On flowey trails with some rocks the TBc would be my choice but if you want something to ride rocky/rooty or just like more trail/mountain then the LTc is better. The weight diff. is about 1/2 lb. due to the fork, but you get a much burlier bike. The TBLTc IMO is one of the best do everything bikes. It can handle bike park riding, all mountain, XC, and just riding long all day rides.

SS in CO
    cool. thanks for the info, frank. I've just barely started to look at FS bikes and everyone around here (DFW area) loves the Tallboy.

J.
    are you a bike shop owner? or a custom builder? I want to talk to you about your website

Paste eater
    I just got one. I already have a nomad set up chunky. Coil, 170mm fork, flats etc etc... I love it but some times I want something a little more climb friendly for La Sals and the Western Slope in the summer. Thought about getting an LT but to get it a whole lot lighter than my Nomad would have been major $$$. So I went with a TB with 120 fork, my arch/I9 wheelset, wide bars and dropper post. This thing is so god dam fun. Hopefully I don't break it! hahaha.

But seriously, it's a proven bike. Very nimble, stiff and fast. The beauty with this bike is it can be set up as a racer or more of a trail bike like mine.

SC TallBoy: Is it still relevant?-549400_10152646845255710_1057524130_n.jpg

mtbr member extraordinair
    Race bike, Trail bike, AM bike...these are just stupid labels. The tallboy is perfectly capable in any of these roles.
    Grit, spit, and a whole lot of duct tape!

Man of Faith
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Stupendous Man View Post
    Its still one of the best. It hasn't changed significantly, so it's no less relevant than before. I just think now you are hearing more about the copycats and new kids on the scene. But those of us who own a Tallboy know.
    +1! Oh yes, the truth, he speaks! It's an opinion thing for sure. I did demo trail rides on the Giant/Spec/9er/Trek/Turner comparables before I ordered my TBc. No other bike had the 'complete package' IMHO. That said, I have only 'wondered' whether I would have appreciated the TBLTc more on one ride in the 1.5 years I have owned it (Alpine Trail, Oakville, OR/ fast, techy DH/ not the climb, mind you!). You gotta consider where you do most of your riding. If your doing mostly XC trails/ some racing/ long epic days/ touring to the 'destination areas' like me, this bike is about as "relevant" as they come! TRY ONE! Then get your wallet out! And don't say we didn't warn you!

Man of Faith
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by BigKidOnBike View Post
    +1! Oh yes, the truth, he speaks! It's an opinion thing for sure. I did demo trail rides on the Giant/Spec/9er/Trek/Turner comparables before I ordered my TBc. No other bike had the 'complete package' IMHO. That said, I have only 'wondered' whether I would have appreciated the TBLTc more on one ride in the 1.5 years I have owned it (Alpine Trail, Oakridge, OR/ fast, techy DH/ not the climb, mind you!). You gotta consider where you do most of your riding. If your doing mostly XC trails/ some racing/ long epic days/ touring to the 'destination areas' like me, this bike is about as "relevant" as they come! TRY ONE! Then get your wallet out! And don't say we didn't warn you!
    I do wish I could have gotten in on the through-axle rear-end. I wish SC would offer a retrofit.

rdb
    mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    deleted posted in wrong thread
    Last edited by rdb; 11-10-2013 at 07:18 PM. Reason: wrong thread

mtbr member
    Will there be a trail version of TB with 120mm rear? TB LT ought to have 140 or 150mm for a new crop of 150-160mm 29er forks.

Trail Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by jan_nikolajsen View Post
    In my book the Tallboy is an XC bike, and a classic in the genre. Capable of bigger stuff in the right hands, but nonetheless an XC bike at heart.

^
    This
    2020 Turbo Levo SL Expert Carbon

Elitest thrill junkie
    In my book...it's an 8mo old thread.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    In my book...it's an 8mo old thread.
    Is this thread still relevant?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigKidOnBike View Post
    I do wish I could have gotten in on the through-axle rear-end. I wish SC would offer a retrofit.
    Just use a 10mm through bolt rear hub. Works fabulous!

Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by mlx john View Post
    ^
    This
    Agreed. This is one of my favorite videos and all done on a 100mm Tallboy

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I for one am still very happy with my TB LTc. There is not another rig that I would rather be on... at least for now.

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by d365 View Post
    Is this thread still relevant?

Is MTBing still relevant?

Carbon & Ti rule
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidcopperfield View Post
    Will there be a trail version of TB with 120mm rear? TB LT ought to have 140 or 150mm for a new crop of 150-160mm 29er forks.
    People or saying that there TBLT's only have 119-120 rear travel when they measure it so yes they make a 120mm travel TB, It's called TB LT
    I have a 6 Berth & 2 Berth Motorhomes that I rent out . They are based in Tauranga, New Zealand

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by muzzanic View Post
    People or saying that there TBLT's only have 119-120 rear travel when they measure it so yes they make a 120mm travel TB, It's called TB LT
    Which people? Have you measured?

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LB412 View Post

Measured the people?

Carbon & Ti rule
    Quote Originally Posted by LB412 View Post
    People in the TB LT thread.
    I have a 6 Berth & 2 Berth Motorhomes that I rent out . They are based in Tauranga, New Zealand

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    So you got just enough to get your slam in on a Tallboy we know you hate. But if you weren't being a troll and being honest, you'd wouldn't bother with this stupid assed comment since it's also stated in that thread that it's a problem with the shock, not the bike.

From that same thread, the part you choose to leave out
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity Now View Post
    So update on travel. I stuck a buddies CC DB Air shock on and bingo. 135mm of travel. Problem for me is the CTD shock not getting full travel rather than the frame. Off for a ride now. Curious how it feels.

P.S. I don't think a 57mm stroke shock would work for me. With the CC DB Air the rear tire just clears the seat tube.
    Ripley LS v3

Trail Rider
    How do you become that guy... you know, the "I vehemently hate Tallboys" guy/troll.

Weird obsession there Muzz.
    2020 Turbo Levo SL Expert Carbon

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008
    I just bought a 2013 Tallboy carbon and it is a great cross country/trail bike. I sold a Jet 9 RDO and the difference in performance is so subtle as to be meaningless. I just needed a larger size and got a deal on the Tallboy on a demo bike. Done! This silliness of trying to pigeonhole bikes probably doesn't mean a hill of dog crap.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybo View Post
    I just bought a 2013 Tallboy carbon and it is a great cross country/trail bike. I sold a Jet 9 RDO and the difference in performance is so subtle as to be meaningless. I just needed a larger size and got a deal on the Tallboy on a demo bike. Done! This silliness of trying to pigeonhole bikes probably doesn't mean a hill of dog crap.
    I hate to disagree with you. We've been assured that no one goes from a Niner to a Tallboy and is happy. You're unhappy, just don't know it yet.
    Ripley LS v3

TR
    Angry bunny
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoTone View Post
    I hate to disagree with you. We've been assured that no one goes from a Niner to a Tallboy and is happy. You're unhappy, just don't know it yet.
    And people who have Niner's and Tallboys but have not ridden a Banshee Prime only THINK that they are riding trail bikes.

NMBP
    And people who have Niner's and Tallboys but have not ridden a Banshee Prime only THINK that they are riding trail bikes.
    That describes me, but I really can't afford to find out!

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

Funny

Quote Originally Posted by TwoTone View Post
    I like Niner bikes but I also like Santa Cruz bikes. Hmm. I guess I am easy to please when it comes to expensive bikes.

TR
    Angry bunny
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybo View Post
    I like Niner bikes but I also like Santa Cruz bikes. Hmm. I guess I am easy to please when it comes to expensive bikes.
    And dont realize just how incredibly unhappy you are.

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008
    Send me some Prozac so I can figure this out

mtbr member

Yes! I own both a niner and Santa Cruz. Each time I ride either I like it better than the other!

Carbon & Ti rule
    Good to see you are having heaps of fun on your new bike.

TR
    Angry bunny
    Good to see you are having heaps of fun on your new bike.
    Poke poke.......

Carbon & Ti rule
    Poke poke.......
    From what I read the Prime has some very very happy riders, But the Lenz is further up my bike shopping list than the Prime.

TR
    Angry bunny
    From what I read the Prime has some very very happy riders, But the Lenz is further up my bike shopping list than the Prime.
    New Lenz is of interest to me except it is hideously ugly.
    Once I can get past my shallowness I will look at it closer.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Until the trail points up ever so slightly and that Prime 8.5 pound trail bike frame weight kicks in.

TR
    Angry bunny
    Quote Originally Posted by GSJ1973 View Post
    Until the trail points up ever so slightly and that Prime 8.5 pound trail bike frame weight kicks in.
    Aaah, someone who had never ridden a Prime weighs into the conversation.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Lol bring me one and I'll ride it. I love trying new bikes, my wallet and wife are the ones that hate it. I still want to ride a Niner.
    None around me to try.
    Ripley LS v3

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    LOL 3lbs makes a difference, I can weight anywhere from 192 to 210 depending on how deciplined I'm being with diet and exercise. I'm long past worring about a few pounds on a frame.
    Ripley LS v3

TR
    Angry bunny
    This guy seemed to do OK on the ups and the downs.

mtbr member
    Lenz still making bikes?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeZee View Post
    Lenz still making bikes?
    Stop shopping all those cheap Chinese _______ threads and you'd know.
    Ripley LS v3

Carbon & Ti rule
    This guy seemed to do OK on the ups and the downs.
    LOL, I note that he looked away form the camera so we couldn't see that he needed a shave by the time he got up there.

Or is that so the chopper that dropped him up there wouldn't blow dust in his eyes.

TR
    Angry bunny
    In all seriousness, my Prime climbs surprisingly well and I am used to racer boy XC bikes.

Man of Faith
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeZee View Post
    Just use a 10mm through bolt rear hub. Works fabulous!
    Where can me get one a doze thangs?