Salsa CroMo vs Vassago Odis- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Salsa CroMo vs Vassago Odis

Which fork do you like better?

SyT
    mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Odis is way stiff compared to Salsa. If you want slot car steering in leiu of compliance, go Odis, if not Salsa would be the choice of the 2.

Apr 2007
    I read about some brake shudder issues with the Salsa? Either way, I like the Vassago and will be buying one.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Never tried the Salsa but love my Odis.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I've been riding a Salsa Cromo for the last 2 years, no problems with brake shudder at all
    just a great riding fork

I'm running BB7's and will be putting on a set of hydro's soon, will post if there is an issue with the hydro's

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by p nut
    I read about some brake shudder issues with the Salsa? Either way, I like the Vassago and will be buying one.
    I don't believe that is usually a fork related issue

mtbr member
    Larry....I had the Salsa on the Raleigh and noticed a huge difference from the stock fork...very smooth.

mtbr member
    Where are people buying the Odis from? I started a thread about steel forks a while back and really liked the Odis. No mention of it on the Vassago web site from memory. I liked it because it looked like the old OnOne fork. Any help with a link to a seller would be appreciated.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicCarpet
    Where are people buying the Odis from? I started a thread about steel forks a while back and really liked the Odis. No mention of it on the Vassago web site from memory. I liked it because it looked like the old OnOne fork. Any help with a link to a seller would be appreciated.
    Here it is on the Vassago site, but it's currently out of stock.

I did find it in stock here though

mtbr member

I think you can buy them direct from vassago

but they are listed out of stock, thier website lists their dealers, here is the link
    http://vassagocycles.com/dealers.html, whenever I see thier bikes, I just wanna rock out to Motley Crews " Shout at the devil" , but maybe that's just me?
    my 5 year old son took my photo, not a bad shot!

Rider and Wrench
    While I cannot compare the two I have been running the Salsa and have been very pleased- very responsive steering and surprisingly forgiving. It sounds like the Vassago Odis leans towards the less forgiving side but razor sharp steering (not that any rigid is sloppy...) so I guess it depends on what you are looking for - is it the do it all bike or is it to compliment your squishy?
    I Just wish I could ride more!

Really I am that slow
    Both steer great... salsa is maybe a touch softer... however very hard to go wrong with ether sopose it gets down to what do you like the look of better? oh and the salsa has stainless steel on the fork ends
    Read my BLOG!

just a guy who loves bikes and exploring

mtbr member
    you might want to call trails edge before you order it. they had bandersnatches listed as in stock last year when they had none in stock.

mtbr member
    to the op: do a search in the 29er forum of "Salsa CroMo vs Vassago Odis " there is a long thread about these two forks.
    of the two i have only ridden the odis, and its a great rigid fork. when they are available again i will get another. i had to sell the one i had because the steer tube was too short.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain_America1976
    to the op: do a search in the 29er forum of "Salsa CroMo vs Vassago Odis " there is a long thread about these two forks.
    of the two i have only ridden the odis, and its a great rigid fork. when they are available again i will get another. i had to sell the one i had because the steer tube was too short.
    I did a search and could not find it.

mtbr member
    i searched by my name since i started the thread. it took a few attempts to fine.
    thread

Members who have read this thread: 2