S. Cal 29er- Mtbr.com

Thread: S. Cal 29er

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

S. Cal 29er

OK so I moved here from AZ recently and am thinking about adding another 29er to the stable as in a Fisher HT geared bike to go along with my Surly KM SS. I live in Antelope Valley/Lancaster area, work in Santa Clarita. When I ask the local Fisher dealers about the 29er's all they say is that they can order it for me!, I would like to touch and fondle and be able to get some fit info. Is there a dealer close within 50 miles or so that know anything about 29ers? Help a brother out!!!

Recovering couch patato
    I have no idea of California, but before Padre mentions The Path bikeshop, I will :-)
    Nothing in your area mentioned in the Reference Guide?

mtbr member
    I've got a medium dos niner, and a large fisher HT, that you can look at and try... but fondle? nah

I'm in west la, nowhere near you... as far as shops, you'll have to go even farther... like the Path in Tustin, OC. Fisher dealers around here suck.. the Helen's near me had 1 medium Rig in stock last week, but they are pretty anti29.

Welcome to SoCal

edit: heh, looks like Clox beat me to it.... the Path... now 'world famous'

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Yep, My vote is for The Path as well. I live in San Diego CA, and I drive 75 miles one way to buy my bikes from them. The best shop in So Cal. hands down.

mtbr member

Recovering Weight Weenie
    The Path doesn't carry fisher...but does stock the Kona Unit, the Soma Juicy, our standar KM, and the high end stuff, like Lenz, Ventana, and soon will likely have the Intense 29er. =) It's cool to walk in and see 29er Reba's, WB's, a stack of Pace forks, etc...it's like a dream.

Switchback Cyclery in Orange is another good shop which carries the Trek line and often has the Rigs and the like.

mtbr member
    In the San Fernando Valley both Cycle World (Northridge) and Valley Cyclery (Chatsworth) have carried Fisher 29ers. I bought my Mt. Tam at CW and they had a good selection at the time. Worth a try and much closer than Orange County.

Quote Originally Posted by vcyclist
    I live in Antelope Valley/Lancaster area, work in Santa Clarita. When I ask the local Fisher dealers about the 29er's all they say is that they can order it for me!, I would like to touch and fondle and be able to get some fit info. Is there a dealer close within 50 miles or so that know anything about 29ers? Help a brother out!!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Same old story

Called both Cycle World-no longer a Fisher dealer. Valley Cyclery-"we can order one for ya"

Peace & Love
    i hear yuh......but I can't even remember the last time I bought a bike I had the luxury to try beforehand......last one was in 2001 that was a friend's used bike.

if you have a good gut feel about it and/or are comfortable with the geometry being appropriate just go for it!!!!!!

Tree Hugger
    Jul 2005
    You could call the Trek store in Ventura and see if they have any 29ers in stock. That's where I picked up my rig.

Now... harder to kill.
    I got mine at Michaels Bicycles in Newbury Park.
    "My Life is violent, but violence is life" - Ice T

WANTED: A 20" Yeti frameset

Members who have read this thread: 0