Rumblefish II upgrades- Mtbr.com

Oct 2009

Rumblefish II upgrades

Bit of a newby question, please excuse me in advance. Always been more of an XC, hardtail, smooth single track type of ride, but find myself in a BC town where everything is steep, rooty, and rocky. Was hoping to find a HiFi in this neck of the woods, but couldn't, so settled on a Rumblefish II.

Anyone out there -- with an RF II or otherwise -- with any basic tweak ideas to bring it closer to the light, fast climbing bikes I am used to?

Don't get me wrong, and very excited to ride the RF, but maybe ease the transition a bit between sitting on a cedar rail and an EasyBoy! And anything that will help it tear on the long smooth sections of logging road too!

Pretty sure I'll run tubeless, but anything else worth considering tweaking? I don't get to the big city often, so good if I can order all the stuff I need at once!

Thanks.

Ride to the ride.
    I'd guess tubeless with some lighter, smoother/faster tires would be a good one. Not that the 29-3s are so bad. Or spring for the lightest wheels you can afford.

Longer stem? Set-back seatpost? Keep your pro-pedal on? All that might do something like make it more "XC" but might also take it away from its inherent character. Which would make it harder to ride on all the new tougher terrain you have at your disposal.

I kinda made the decision to ride it like it came (er, traded to SRAM since I like to twist) and just A. Get used to it a bit. and B. Ride tougher stuff.

My own personal upgrade that I haven't been able to afford yet: a seatpost dropper, so I can ride the tougher stuff better, and still be able to hammer away without time for a "manual" adjustment.

Have fun with it! Go ride with guys who don't ride the way you used to.

--Greg
    Photos and adventures being logged at Dirt & Dogs.

Members who have read this thread: 0