RockShox Recon Gold 29er Fork 2011- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2010

RockShox Recon Gold 29er Fork 2011

Does anybody know much about this fork? It appears the be a relatively light (claimed 3.85lbs) and inexpensive($433 w/ S8 headset) single air cousin to the Reba line.

I currently ride a steel rigid. I don't race, but tend to ride pretty fast when I am not riding with the kids or slower riders. I am pleasantly surprised with the rigid setup running low pressure tires, except for high speed rocky turns which is a bit of a white knuckle experience. Is it worth the extra $300-$400 to get a Fox or a Reba?

How difficult is it to install a fork, do you need any special tools (headset press?)

Thanks

mtbr member
    May 2010
    if you watch ebay you can get a used reba for that price. i just picked up a race for 361 shipped 09 model. On ebay as well theres the RLT model for 450 shipped new.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    That is a good point, might be able to save some $ on Ebay, I will keep my eye open, but isn't the warranty void if purchased on Ebay?

mtbr member
    May 2010
    that i dont know. If you want though there is a guy in classifieds selling a brand new rlt for 430 shipped i was gonna purchase it until i cought that deal.

Members who have read this thread: 0