Rock Shox 29" PIKE- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Rock Shox 29" PIKE

I've have Rock Shox Reba on my 29'er and have been very pleased thus far with it's performance, stiffness and durability. However, I'm a Clydesdale and I keep thinking how nice it would be to have an even stiffer platform for my next 29'er. With that in mind it seems like it wouldn't be huge deal for Rock Shox to do a little retooling and offer the public a 29" variation of the PIKE. The quick release thru-axle is really trick and most of us already know how well it will likely perform. The forks weight is quite reasonable and the thru-axle should tighten up the steering a bit. A thru-axle seems a logical choice for the larger diameter slightly more flexy wheels of the 29" platform.

So I was hoping that those of us who are interested in this fantasy could e-mail, write, call, text message, send up smoke signals or do whatever it takes to get the message to Rock Shox. I'm afraid I haven't been able to find an e-mail address for them thus far but I will continue to look.

Recovering couch patato
    Order 10,000 of them and you get what you want. That's what Gary Fisher does each time.

No Justice = No Peace

White Brothers

WB makes a thru axle version of their 29er fork. I ride the QR and I can't believe how solid it feels. Never been ona REBA, only because I am not a big fan of RS. I hear they are pretty good the past few years. okay.
    "Welcome to my underground lair...."

what a joke
    Maybe you could start a thread on the SRAM forum in the hope that someone from SRAM does actually check go there and read the posts. Its worth a try as a 29er Pike would be sweet, especially if Push come online with their mods for RS products.
    blah blah blah