Rigid forks- Mtbr.com

Thread: Rigid forks

mtbr member
    Jul 2008

Rigid forks

Finally getting round to getting some kit together for my Kona Unit. I've still to choose a fork though. From what I garner the P2 isn't the greatest(?) any recommendations?

mtbr member
    I just went through the same grinder. I narrowed it down to the White Bros, the new Bontrager Switchblade (apparently not quite available yet) and the Niner carbon. I told the LBS today to go with the Niner carbon.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Depends on what your looking to spend, a steel or carbon fork, weight, etc. Chime back in. I got a VooDoo Zombie. It's heavy, but stiff.(like a Zombie ) And cheap. Two versions- one disc only & one rim brake (26er or 29er adaptable)plus disc . Check speedgoat.com or universalcycles.com for it.
    roccowt.
    rocnbikemeld

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Cheers guys, my instinct was to go for a steel fork due to the steel frame. I could see carbon working but still balancing up the value and carbon fork conundrum. Never considered and ally fork on the steel frame. How does this ride?

Hassan's Ghost
    Sep 2008
    My old rigid SS had a p2 on it. I thought it was great, albeit heavy and incredibly stiff (for little old me) UNTIL Walt sent me a fork dialed for my proportions. Holy s...t. What a difference. He nailed it, as smooth as it can get, while still rigid.
    For the price, I think Waltworks forks are where it's at, if he charged double what he does. For what he currently charges, I think you'd be silly not to have dial you out.

853+29+1x24=Fun
    I got a steel fork from quiring cycles for my IF. Really love it. Good prices too.

http://www.quiringcycles.net/index2.htm

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    At the moment custom isn't really an option, based in the UK and when you add import duty and such its not really viable for me just now to complete the build. I was going steel, looking at Salsa, Surly and the P2. Though could be tempted by the carbon. Would compromise my $$ for the wheelset though.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Orgin 8 carbon fork. Comes from the same factory as the White Bros but around a hundred less. I ride it on my Salsa Selma and love it.

mtbr member
    I've got a Vassago ODIS fork on my Lynskey since I already had it laying around. Works fine but I can't really compare it to anything else. Will probably get a Niner Carbon before next race season.

Members who have read this thread: 0