-Reeb steel HT
    -Sid 120 fork
    -Roval Control carbon wheels w/Ikon 2.35's
    -2x10 drivetrain
    -XT brakes 180/160
    -Mix of cockpit stuff, GD post, WTB, Thomson, Chromag carbon bar
  • 06-08-2013
    waffleBeast
    Love the REEB frames, looking forward to seeing it built up.
  • 06-08-2013
    wyatt79m
    Re: Reeb me
    Niiiice :thumbup:
  • 06-08-2013
    rr
    Rolling chassis, just need to install drivetrain & brakes
  • 06-08-2013
    finch2
    nice looking steel...is that clear powder or wet? Nice ride. looks like an XL....what is the geo?
  • 06-09-2013
    rr
    I think it's a clear coat, it has a wet look to it. The finish is really nice, my pics don't do it justice. It's an XL, it's billed as an AM hardtail but I would call it a trail bike. Geo- 68.75 HA w/120 fork, 25" ett, it's designed for SS use w/adj dropouts and a breakaway seatstay for Gates belt drive, but I'm using geared dropouts. I have the chainstays at 17.25" w/2.35 tire but could go lower with smaller tire.

I will post up more pics when I get it finished and show the dropouts
  • 06-15-2013
    rr
    Finally finished her up yesterday, had a front der spec snafu. Going out for the inaugural ride in a few, perfect trail machine can't wait!
  • 06-15-2013
    jncarpenter
    Looks great! Love it!
  • 06-16-2013
    rr
  • 06-17-2013
    rr
    Thx Jay, hey water boy told me you might be moving this way

First ride was excellent, fit and handling were spot on and it's nice to have a reasonably light bike again. The Control carbon wheels are impressive, they felt as stiff as my Hope/Flows but you could really feel the better acceleration on the climbs. We'll see how they hold up.
  • 06-17-2013
    LyNx
    Couldn't ask for anything more or different, perfect bike for me :D Seriously sweet frame, parts and build and geo would fit me to the T, definitely jealous. You get a weight on the complete build yet?
  • 06-17-2013
    rr
    Thx Lynx, 27.3lbs final weight. Little over what I thought it would be but light enough for my tastes, and it feels lighter with the wheels.
  • 06-17-2013
    LyNx
    That's fully kitted out, pedals and all? I could surely live with that myself, think my Paradox used to weight about 28-29lbs with no dropper post. Someday hopefully in the not TOO distant future I'll be bale to afford my dream Ti, slack HT, but for now I'll drool over beauties like this :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by rroeder View Post
    Thx Lynx, 27.3lbs final weight. Little over what I thought it would be but light enough for my tastes, and it feels lighter with the wheels.

• 06-17-2013
    rr
    Quote:

Originally Posted by LyNx View Post
    That's fully kitted out, pedals and all? I could surely live with that myself, think my Paradox used to weight about 28-29lbs with no dropper post. Someday hopefully in the not TOO distant future I'll be bale to afford my dream Ti, slack HT, but for now I'll drool over beauties like this :(

Yup, ready to ride, yeah weight is not bad at all I agree, was just thinking it would come out a little lighter with the wheels/tire choice, and other carbon bits. Def need the crutch post tho.
  • 06-17-2013
    LyNx
    Yeah, I used to be anti dropper, but since I've gotten one it does come in useful, definitely find a lot more places to use it than just those super steep places I considered I'd need it for, still though I find myself riding fairly steep stuff without using it because I've ridden for so long without one.

Quote:

Yup, ready to ride, yeah weight is not bad at all I agree, was just thinking it would come out a little lighter with the wheels/tire choice, and other carbon bits. Def need the crutch post tho.

• 06-28-2013
    rr
    *edit- how the hell do you get the images to download without being downsized??
  • 06-28-2013
    nitrousjunky
    Nice ride for sure!
  • 06-28-2013
    meltingfeather
    purdy
    :thumbsup:
  • 06-28-2013
    jncarpenter
    Quote:

Thx Jay, hey water boy told me you might be moving this way

Haha...yeah, moving to Grand Junction next week! It took me a few years to get there, but am glad to finally be moving back west! Riding the whole enchilada with friends late July...come join us :D
  • 06-29-2013
    rr
    Gonna be up high riding with a friend around that time, away from the damn heat! Been a hot summer already here.

Were gonna do Commando run one day, it's Vail pass into Minturn, not too far from GJ.
  • 06-29-2013
    Enel
    That is a sweet finish for a steel bike. I have not seen one like it before.

Thankfully it's not Ti

Enjoy.
  • 06-29-2013
    jncarpenter
    Quote:

Gonna be up high riding with a friend around that time, away from the damn heat! Been a hot summer already here.

Were gonna do Commando run one day, it's Vail pass into Minturn, not too far from GJ.

Yeah, it's been over 100* a few days this week in GJ! Thankfully, riding up on the Mesa @ +10,000' is only 45 min away! It'll be a busy couple weeks until I can find a place & get moved in...after that, I'd be up for riding in the Vail area.