reba travel change... to 90mm- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

reba travel change... to 90mm

i was looking at reba travel change threads....it seems you can 80 to 100mm and vice-versa. or 100 to 120mm, again vice versa.

My question is, can the travel spacer be modified to have 90mm of travel? say cut one of the 20mm spacers in half?

I did this with my old fox vanilla 125....so i am thinking it should be possible... checking to see if any others have tried it.
    You cannot go against nature, because when you do, its part of nature too.

Harmonius Wrench
    Quote Originally Posted by Ottoreni
    i was looking at reba travel change threads....it seems you can 80 to 100mm and vice-versa. or 100 to 120mm, again vice versa.

My question is, can the travel spacer be modified to have 90mm of travel? say cut one of the 20mm spacers in half?

I did this with my old fox vanilla 125....so i am thinking it should be possible... checking to see if any others have tried it.
    I have not done so myself, but I have read here where it has been done. No reason it shouldn't work, as far as I can see.
    Riden' an Smilin'
    Guitar Ted

Blog
    RidingGravel.com

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I did similar on a Fox same principal, I think the RS Spacers are hollow plastic so you can't cut 1 up really, you could make 1 out of some wood though easily enough.

Or plastecine make a cast of the existing 1 then mix up some epoxy or similar pour it in, wait a few hours, remove the outter and 1 spacer.

Watching too many MacGyver episodes recently

Naturally Organic
    If you are looking for 90mm of travel, check the "new" 29er Lefty 90mm (collaboration with RS), it's a modified 120mm Lefty from C'Dale. Not sure what your a-c is, but it should be close and not effect geo too much, if at all.

ballbuster

To answer your question...

Quote Originally Posted by Ottoreni

Yeah, that will work. Basically, the spacers just set the top of the air piston in the top of the air spring.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Specialized Stumpy HTs are 90mm, maybe just ask SRAM for a 90mm spacer.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    i have done that on a tora. the 20mm spacer was quite soft and easy to cut in half.

Members who have read this thread: 0