Reba Mod- Mtbr.com

Thread: Reba Mod

mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Reba Mod

I have been looking in the forums for Mods that can be done to a Rock Shox Reba Dual Air. I just got my new ride and want to increase the travel from 80mm to 100mm. I think that this can be done? Thanks.

MTBR Member
    Yes, this should be easy to do. Which fork, model/year? You will need to remove the travel spacer(should be a 20mm) from the dual air shaft.

Check out the "technical manual" for the year of your fork: http://www.sram.com/en/service/rocks...ch_manuals.php

It is a large manual and contains the service info on most of their forks. You will only need to pick out specific parts, but the parts you need are very thorough and will walk you through it. A lot of the steps are shared with many other forks throughout their line. You'll need some fresh fork oil and a some other tools(to do it by the book): internal/external snap ring pliers, 24mm socket, 10mm deep socket(for hollow lowers), 5mm allen wrench(long), some thin grease, some other things you'll probably have.

To do it not by the book(removing the all-travel spacer without removing the lowers of your fork): hit up badmechanic, or do a search.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I just got a new Felt Nine Elite (08) that came with a 80mm Rock Shox Dual Air. I have worked on Marzocchi and Manitou but not Rock Shox

TR
    Angry bunny

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Many Thanks! Just need a little more travel

Members who have read this thread: 2