Rear derailleur help!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2020

Rear derailleur help!

Hey so iíve been around single speed/ fixed gear bikes my whole life and decided to get my first entry level mountain bike (Specialized Rockhopper Sport). Iíve ordered all the parts to do a 1x10 conversion and iím having issues installing my new rear derailleur (Sram GX). It seems that the derailleur hanger on the bike isnít long or wide enough for the B screw to rest on so thereís no tension in the derailleur. My issue is that this is an older model bike and the only derailleur i can seem to find that will fit it is another specialized oem component although i obviously need a different hanger, has anyone else had this issue before and found a fix? the only thing i can think of is having a small piece of aluminum tig welded at the end as an ďextensionĒ for the B screw to rest on. All help is appreciated Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rear derailleur help!-d9ec0d91-1fd6-4ff0-b23a-ca8e1862dd04.jpg  

mtbr member
    See that black tab sticking rearward above the screw? That's what the screw needs to press against. Remove the derailleur and rotate that tab around until the screw is pressing on it. Then install the derailleur with that other black tab (seen over the dropout projecting toward the cassette) so it is resting against the dropout tab.
    What, me worry?

mtbr member
    May 2020
    You are a life saver thank you haha!