mtbr member

QTOUR (Agogo) Trail 29er Frame

This is the frame:

QTOUR (Agogo) Trail 29er Frame-highlight-1.jpg

This was the unlikely source that broke the news:

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/5-surp...show-2018.html (wrong travel is advertised)

And this is the geometry:

QTOUR (Agogo) Trail 29er Frame-qtour.jpg

This frame is really progressive by Chinese standards:
    • Split seat tube hides shock linkage
    • Huge reach and slack head tube angle
    • Shock mount is exceptionally low thanks to cup (with drainage channel) in downtube
    • 130mm travel front and rear
    • Prominent seat tube/top tube triangle reduces chance of damage
    • BSA73 threaded bottom bracket, unusual when most companies prefer non-threaded BBs (I'll take it)
    • Built-in chainguide mount
    • Constructed from Tenax UTS50, a slightly stiffer carbon filament yarn (compared to Toray 700)
    • 5-year manufacturer warranty

In my opinion, this is the first catalog frame that really is long, low, and slack. I'm posting here because I'm really impressed by this frame and would love to see it reviewed.

I was told by Damon Wang at Qtour that "The M06 frame is designed and produced by our company." Indeed, Agogo appears to be a subsidiary brand of Qtour. See Qtour's Alibaba ad:

https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...613517982.html

I haven't yet seen this frame stocked by other vendors or sold on Aliexpress.

Based on the severe lack of aftermarket visibility, it's possible that Qtour will focus almost exclusively on OEM service. After informing them I only needed a few frames, I was met with silence (unusual).

Travel is not 100mm as indicated in the PB article, it is 130mm front and rear. Specifically, an A2C fork length of 541mm corresponds to a Fox 34 with 130mm travel. A 165mm shock (eye-to-eye) in the rear is what normally gets specified on XC bikes, but the frame is designed around 130mm rear wheel travel.

Maybe this could be converted to an XC machine with a Fox 32, but cutting 40mm of fork length would increase the HTA by ~2 degrees (from 67 to 69) making an angleset worth considering. Also, there is no solution I'd like for reducing rear travel.

I spent all my bike money. Someone else will have to try this frame.

QTOUR (Agogo) Trail 29er Frame-highlight-pic.jpg

QTOUR (Agogo) Trail 29er Frame-detail-1.jpg

QTOUR (Agogo) Trail 29er Frame-detail-2.jpg

QTOUR (Agogo) Trail 29er Frame-detail-4.jpg

QTOUR (Agogo) Trail 29er Frame-detail-3.jpg

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    You can find the same frame on lightcarbon :
    https://www.lightcarbon.com/new-full...2019_p118.html

As you can see geometry chart is different from your link : longer reach despite a higher fork (should be the opposite in fact) and stack seems to be more in the norm than the value on qtour chart (for instance 56,6 cm stack on a medium size long travel 29er is not possible)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chti ludo View Post
    You can find the same frame on lightcarbon :
    https://www.lightcarbon.com/new-full...2019_p118.html

As you can see geometry chart is different from your link : longer reach despite a higher fork (should be the opposite in fact) and stack seems to be more in the norm than the value on qtour chart (for instance 56,6 cm stack on a medium size long travel 29er is not possible)
    Thanks for pointing that out. It looks to me like lightcarbon.com is simply a reseller.

I have now tried to reach out to Damon Wang at QTOUR via Alibaba and directly through the factory form. Only 17.5" is available, and he has not expressed interest in a one-off sale. Doesn't leave me with the impression he wants to sell to me unless I can buy a few. Or maybe they just aren't ready to sell yet? No clue.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    130mm travel out of pivotless seatstays...I don't think I like the rear caliper becoming a stressed member of the rear suspension.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    You must ride where it's always dry. Nothing about that frame looks good to me when it comes to mud.
    OG Ripley v2

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Oh no, just look at those ginormous drain holes

Is this not an advertisement? Sure looks like one to me.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoTone View Post
    You must ride where it's always dry. Nothing about that frame looks good to me when it comes to mud.
    Lrg GG Pedalhead 29/27+
    XMed GG Smash 29/27+
    Lrg Devinci Hendrix 27+ (Loaner)
    Pivot Shuttle 27+ (wife)

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurse Ben View Post
    Oh no, just look at those ginormous drain holes

Is this not an advertisement? Sure looks like one to me.
    I haven't looked at the OP post history, assumed since OP has been around a few years and few hundred posts that it was blant vendor spam.
    OG Ripley v2

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoTone View Post
    I haven't looked at the OP post history, assumed since OP has been around a few years and few hundred posts that it was blant vendor spam.
    I am not affiliated with QTOUR. No, I am not advertising. I have nothing to lose or gain. It simply struck me as a frame with a substantial amount of creative design for being a catalog frame.

I am increasingly less impressed with the frame and will not be buying one.

Sometimes info is hard to find on the internet, so making an obscure catalog frame a bit easier to learn about and discuss isn't a bad thing.

I guarantee some brand will be slapping their sticker on here sooner or later.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by VegasSingleSpeed View Post
    130mm travel out of pivotless seatstays...I don't think I like the rear caliper becoming a stressed member of the rear suspension.
    You mean the seat stay mount? This is pretty common on a lot of trail bikes. It's just a little higher away from dirt and grime. If the rear triangle really moves as a rigid unit through the full stroke braking shouldn't be stressed any more on a seatstay than a chainstay.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by sissypants View Post
    You mean the seat stay mount? This is pretty common on a lot of trail bikes. It's just a little higher away from dirt and grime. If the rear triangle really moves as a rigid unit through the full stroke braking shouldn't be stressed any more on a seatstay than a chainstay.
    The rear suspension is a single pivot design. Because it uses a link to couple the shock to the seat-stays, the seat-stays have to articulate throughout the travel of the rear suspension. Most manufacturers address this by adding a pivot near the rear drop-outs where the seat-stays meet the chain-stays. Recently, more companies have been manufacturing the rear triangle in a pivotless design where the seat-stays flex to provided the needed articulation (i.e. Cannondale Scalpel, Kona Hei Hei, etc). These frames typically have less rear travel, and the seat-stays are more slender to provide that flex...they also utilize a rear brake mount that minimizes any flex occurring between the posts of the mount.

130mm is a lot of travel for a pivotless design, and that brake mount would appear to straddle where I would expect the seat-stays to flex during it's movement through the travel.

Good luck!