QBP Frostbike Event - Who's Going???- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

QBP Frostbike Event - Who's Going???

I'd like to know who is attending the Quality Bicycle Products Frostbike event this coming weekend?

I'd like to get together to meet everyone, maybe have some lunch, and have a 29er product discussion. Nothing formal. I've got a lot of questions and I'm sure you folks have a lot of opinions and answers.

Please let me know. I'm thinking Sunday meet at the Salsa area at noon to meet the gang, get lunch and then have a discussion. Just a thought.

At a minimum, I want to meet as many of you as I can. Please stop by and ask for me if your attending.

Thanks.

Jason
    Salsa Crew
    Adventure by Bike

Check out our blog!

mtbr member

I'll be there on Sunday.

I'll definitely be stopping by to ogle the DD29 rims.

Recovering Weight Weenie
    I wish I could be there...but I'll just stay warm here instead.

SUBLIM8er
    Nope, goin' to the JB Imports open house on Sunday. Can't do both.
    Every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage.
    William S. Burroughs

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Count us in.

My shop is going....look foward to seeing all the new or soon to be released product.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    I wish I could. I would like to be at the Hutchinson tech discussion.

Anybody willing to pick up a Hutchinson goodie bag for me?
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member

C'mon Padre

Quote Originally Posted by Padre
    I wish I could be there...but I'll just stay warm here instead.
    You'd love it. My ride this morning started at 6:00AM. It was dark, snowing, and 18 degrees. It was beautiful!

Oh, and your care package for showing me the rides in CA last week should arrive on Friday.

Jason
    Adventure by Bike

Check out our blog!

Full Tilt Boogie
    May 2005
    I'll be there Sat. am. I'm flying out of the country at 1 pm, so no go for Sun. I'll stop by and say hello though. I'd like to talk to you guys about a little criterium as well.
    I sell bikes here. Check out the Blog here. Facebook.

Recovering Weight Weenie
    Quote Originally Posted by Salsa Cycles
    You'd love it. My ride this morning started at 6:00AM. It was dark, snowing, and 18 degrees. It was beautiful!

Oh, and your care package for showing me the rides in CA last week should arrive on Friday.

Jason
    I take it your winter boots were in order?

My ride today was tough.
    It was a little too warm for my taste, about 70....blistering sunshine....and the hard part was the 20mph headwind.... man, the things we have to suffer through.....

Care package, sweet! Will I get your valentine's leftovers?

Harmonius Wrench

I'll be there!

I'll be there on Sunday morning. I shouldn't have any problem getting to see you guys at noon. I'll look forward to it!
    Riden' an Smilin'
    Guitar Ted

Blog
    RidingGravel.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I'm headed to Washington for the weekend or I would be there.

YO MAMA

Witty McWitterson
    I'll be there. But you already know me. So does Nater. So do most of these guys....well except that Ted guy....
    Just a regular guy.

Front Range Cyclist
    Wish I could go but now that I'm in Colorado Springs and not in Winona, MN anymore I don't think it'll happen. It's a great event though. Probably one of the best in the industry easily.
    In the immortal words of Socrates..."I drank what?"

Facebook.com/monstercrosser
    Twitter: @monstercrosser

mtbr member

I'll be there.

I'd like to know who is attending the Quality Bicycle Products Frostbike event this coming weekend?

I'd like to get together to meet everyone, maybe have some lunch, and have a 29er product discussion. Nothing formal. I've got a lot of questions and I'm sure you folks have a lot of opinions and answers.

Please let me know. I'm thinking Sunday meet at the Salsa area at noon to meet the gang, get lunch and then have a discussion. Just a thought.

At a minimum, I want to meet as many of you as I can. Please stop by and ask for me if your attending.

Thanks.

Jason
    Salsa Crew
    I'll be there all weekend. Four from our shop here in Tampa are going.

Looking forward to the whole show, but a 29er roundtable of sorts sounds great. I'll meet you guys on Sunday.

mtbr member

Your Right

Quote Originally Posted by ~martini~
    I'll be there. But you already know me. So does Nater. So do most of these guys....well except that Ted guy....
    Yes, Marty, most of us know you. I'm glad you can make it this year. Just you coming up, or are you bringing Lisa and your daughter?

Jason

ps. Regarding the round table discussion. This will be really informal. I want you to meet the guys, have lunch and talk about some products. The 29er market is growing and changing rapidly and Salsa needs to continue to find unique product to support this market.
    Adventure by Bike

Check out our blog!

Harmonius Wrench

Oh oh!

Quote Originally Posted by ~martini~
    I guess that'll all change for better or worse on Sunday! Look out, cause here I come!
    Riden' an Smilin'
    Guitar Ted

Blog
    RidingGravel.com

Witty McWitterson
    Yes, Marty, most of us know you. I'm glad you can make it this year. Just you coming up, or are you bringing Lisa and your daughter?
    I think it'll just be me. I know Lisa wouldn't have the patience to deal with me there. And I'm sure Sidra would have a melt down 3 hrs into the 'roundtable'. I'll have a camera along so you can see the girl though. That is, if you haven't noticed the avitar...how did "I" end up w/a curly haired kid????
    Just a regular guy.

mtbr member
    I'll be there. Are you going to be manning the Salsa booth or wandering around?

Could you clarify a few things for me. The Frostbike site doesn't do a good job explaining (might want to have somebody update it) of explaining the actual purchasing process.

It seems different than other years in which we could buy and pick up personal orders.

This year nothing is being packed the day of and ships at a later date?

Questions:
    -Can we still order the day of at the show, or does it all need to be done beforehand on the web.

-Is is possible to pay with personal credit card?

-Is it possible to have orders packed and shipped individually to avoid confusion and sorting when they are received?

You guys host an awesome event. I'm not happy about waiting for my parts after I order, but I understand that as the show gets bigger fullfilling orders that day gets to be unreasonable.

Thanks!
    It's only weird because it's not normal.

PROJECT | ONE

mtbr member

From what I've gathered...

Quote Originally Posted by mckeand13
    I'll be there. Are you going to be manning the Salsa booth or wandering around?

Could you clarify a few things for me. The Frostbike site doesn't do a good job explaining (might want to have somebody update it) of explaining the actual purchasing process.

It seems different than other years in which we could buy and pick up personal orders.

This year nothing is being packed the day of and ships at a later date?

Questions:
    -Can we still order the day of at the show, or does it all need to be done beforehand on the web.

-Is is possible to pay with personal credit card?

-Is it possible to have orders packed and shipped individually to avoid confusion and sorting when they are received?

You guys host an awesome event. I'm not happy about waiting for my parts after I order, but I understand that as the show gets bigger fullfilling orders that day gets to be unreasonable.

Thanks!
    No ordering or picking up the day of the show. You can order via qbp.com starting tomorrow (the 16th) through the 22nd. No shipping until Monday the 20th. You MUST attend the open house to recieve the discount. They take attendence, match your name to your order, and ship it out. I assume you can use credit cards. Any more info Jason?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

yup

our whole two man shop will be there.

always fun at the Q.

bringing bikes to ride around, should be some shinanigans going on down by the 117.

nate
    "believe what you ride, not what you read" 94 WTB catalog

Bryn Mawr Borracho
    Jan 2004

Monkey Wrench, Yo!

Nate,

I know a spot in Mpls. that has killer coffee. You should check it out. Rumour has it, they're a bike-friendly spot....
    carsrcoffins.com

Feb 2006

I'm in

Jason,
    Count me in. I'll be there all weekend. Looking forward to seeing the new disc rims.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

got some goods for you.

i have heard of just such a space, heard they were doing well. you don't suppose the workers there might tell me their shirt size so as to bring appropriate gifts?

you open the whole weekend? whats the lowdown mowtown.

checked out the pics of the new digs, looks rad. nice work.

self employment is fun and freedom.

see you friday.

nate
    "believe what you ride, not what you read" 94 WTB catalog

Feb 2006

Thanks.

Jason
    Salsa Crew
    I'm going Sat for sure, unsure on Sun. I've got a sugestion on the DosNiner though, lose the soft tail.

Members who have read this thread: 0