Pt1 Can you put rear pannier racks on Haro Mary SS- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Pt1 Can you put rear pannier racks on Haro Mary SS

As title says, Can you put rear pannier racks on Haro Mary SS?

If so can anyone point me to picks or retailers products? I bought the Mary as a commuter but then realized it doesn't have pannier hole things???

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by biketavioumaximus; 09-17-2009 at 12:40 AM.

808+909 = Party Good Time
    Start with www.topeak.com they have heaps of racks that mount to your seatpost and are well trusted.

What's "social pace?"
    May 2008
    Seatpost racks are okay for road-going purposes. If you ever use it for doing off-road bikepacking, you'll have to put in for something else (I like Epic Designs packs).

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chumbox
    Start with www.topeak.com they have heaps of racks that mount to your seatpost and are well trusted.
    There so many a/e/v types varieties??? I have some large bags that I'd like to be ablt to clip on. which seat post mounted rack 'type' would fit horizontally on the Mary?

What's "social pace?"
    May 2008
    You'd want one of the ones with the drop-down side wings. The different types (A/E/V) are different angles for different height so the rack sits right on the particular frame. I think it is done by frame size, but it looks like you could do fine with the E type or possibly the A.

by the way, i don't know what you're putting in these large bags, but these are NOT intended for heavy loads.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    You don't need the pannier hole mounts to mount the rack. There are rubberized brackets that wrap around the frame that will allow you to bolt on the racks. I believe someone makes a bracket that will fit around your seatpost too. Maybe just look for brackets online or go to the hardware store. There's always zipties and bailing wire!!!

I put an "Explorer disc" on my 1x1, just used a few brackets the guy at the shop gave me. I think the rack was about $35.

Seatpost mounted racks are junk IMHO. Can carry much weight and bounce a lot.

1946:2006:2066

Old Man Mountain Racks

Quote Originally Posted by biketavioumaximus
    As title says, Can you put rear pannier racks on Haro Mary SS?

If so can anyone point me to picks or retailers products? I bought the Mary as a commuter but then realized it doesn't have pannier hole things???

Thanks in advance
    Check out the "Cold Springs" or "Sherpa" models.
    They are expensive but worth it.
    Avail. DISC, ROAD, MTB, or 29"

http://www.oldmanmountain.com/Pages/...RearRacks.html
    Last edited by FireDog46; 09-16-2009 at 07:44 AM.
    "Be not afraid of going slowly but only of standing still." - Chinese Proverb

mtbr member
    This is a Delta post mount that I picked up from a lbs for about $30. First thing I did was replace the cheap aluminum bolts with steel ones.

IMG_0157.jpg
    "If we don't change the direction we are headed, we will end up where we are going." Chinese Proverb

mtbr member
    OMM. Great racks, good people.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by trail_junkie
    This is a Delta post mount that I picked up from a lbs for about $30. First thing I did was replace the cheap aluminum bolts with steel ones.

IMG_0157.jpg
    Who doesn't like a nice 'rack'

What bags are they trail_junkie? Do you have the side protection bars to keep the wheel off them?

mtbr member
    The bags are made by Arkel, www.arkel-od.com, they're the XM-28 mountain panniers. Really well made bags. The rack does have the side bars to keep the bags out of the wheel.
    "If we don't change the direction we are headed, we will end up where we are going." Chinese Proverb

Members who have read this thread: 0