Pros & Cons of 2011 Cannondale Flash Carbon 29er?- Mtbr.com
    Older & Slower
    May 2006

Pros & Cons of 2011 Cannondale Flash Carbon 29er?

My riding focus has changed from full suspension MTB...to road...to ordering a 2011 Flash Carbon 29er...

I've gotten to the point where I just want an XC race MTB that was fast & efficient like my road bike (2010 Cannondale Six Carbon 5)...My 2009 Giant Anthem X just feels too squishy now...

Oh yeah...I've NEVER ridden a 29er...I went with the 29er, because a lot of people said to go 29er if I was going to a hardtail...

Is this the dumbest thing you've ever heard of?...What will I like?...What will I dislike?

Its got what plants crave
    No mountain bike is going to be fast and efficient like a road bike. But I imagine if any mountain bike was going to come close, a Flash would probably do the job, they are definitely lightweight. I agree on the 29 inch wheels if you're going to buy a hard tail.
    Ocala Mountain Bike Association - www.omba.org

Missouri sucks...
    Jun 2009
    I'm a Lefty-holic so obviously I vote a resounding "YES". That being said, if you're simply looking for a high end carbon HT, maybe consider the Specialized Stumpjumper, Gary Fisher Superfly and Niner Air Carbon as well. All are fantastic bikes but one might fit you better than the other

mtbr member
    I'm in a similar place: I do most of my annual miles on the road but throw in intensive 6-8 wk MTB blocks in the spring and fall around a spate of local races. I've demoed a Superfly and a Flash, and I did really love the responsiveness; certainly the closest thing I've found to a roadie-esque trail ride. They do require a bit more skill and care in some situations than a full-sus; you can't just point and shoot on rough descents or turns. But the climbing and acceleration are great.

I've also been thinking about getting a Flash; my hesitation is that some of my favorite races are loooooong; 6- and 12-hours, plus a couple of 50+ milers. While I love the Flash during a 40-minute demo, and would love it as an XC race rig, I'm not sure how I'd feel after 5+ hours in the saddle....

Super Moderator SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by historeeteacher
    1. Yes, I already ordered it...that might be the "stupid" part.
    From the Cannondale board, as they said there: Relax, you're over-analyzing this.

Members who have read this thread: 0