mtbr member
    Jul 2017

Polygon Siskiu N9

Hi all,

Iím getting the new polygon siskiu n9 this Saturday, would like to have a discussion thread going to share ideas and thoughts. Cheers!

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    Whoops, I forgot to include some pictures, here we go:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    I started a thread asking questions about Siskius a while back. I got no responses. I don't think there are a lot of Polygon riders on here.

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by richulr View Post
    I started a thread asking questions about Siskius a while back. I got no responses. I don't think there are a lot of Polygon riders on here.
    Iím from Singapore actually. Indonesia, where Polygon is based, is quite close by (a 45 minute or so ferry ship ride away) since both countries are in South East Asia, lol. Polygon is very common here as the main distributor has stores here in Singapore as well.
    Which siskiu did you post about btw? Did you purchase one though?

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    I was looking at the T7 and T8. I did not purchase one. Wouldn't rule them out in the future though. Let us know what you think of yours.

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    I was looking at the T7 and T8. I did not purchase one. Wouldn't rule them out in the future though. Let us know what you think of yours.
    My friend is riding a T8, he is very satisfied with the bikeís performance and is happily shredding our local trails very often on it. Iíll try to get a more detailed testimonial from him.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Would love to hear how it compares to other bikes

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    in case anyone see this post, Im trying to find out if this frame (siskiu n9) comes fully with bearings or if some pivots are made with bushings.

greetings!

mtbr member
    Jul 2017

Polygon Siskiu N9

Would love to hear how it compares to other bikes
    Iíve only rode my bike in the trails a couple of times so far, I would say it really helps in making square edges seemingly disappear, but at the same time, the fork is a lil bit too stiff for my liking even after playing with the settings. I suppose itís a Fox thing as I heard that their forks tend to be stiffer in the initial strokes.

Quote Originally Posted by ismael View Post
    in case anyone see this post, Im trying to find out if this frame (siskiu n9) comes fully with bearings or if some pivots are made with bushings.

greetings!
    Hi there! Thatís a really good question that I unfortunately do not know the answer to.
    Iíve not been able to ride my bike much due to work commitments.. Iím guessing that it uses all bearings though.

mtbr member
    Any more feedback on this mule??

They sell this brand/model locally for me & the price is right i.e. a heap of bike for the a lot less cash than similarly spec'd bikes.

I'm considering pulling the trigger ^^

Only disconcerting things re, this model are the Rhythm fork & overall weight...

Both are fixable o/c... Change out Rhythm for a Yari etc (doesn't help w/ weight, mind you).

Run some regular rubber, tubeless - to drop a chunk of weight. 2.8/2.6 Magic Mary's w/ tubes must weigh a ton!!

A regular 2.35 MM up front & a 2.35 Wild AM out back (my current go-to local setup)... add some sealant & BAM!!

That'd be close to a pound gone there o_0

Plus it has Eagle ^^ I'd surely be able to crawl up most things w/ that [currently on 11-42 w/ 30t Oval].

This bike looks very tempting ;-)

'Born to ride!'
    "Mountain biking: the under-rated and drug-free antidepressant"

mtbr member
    Jul 2017

Polygon Siskiu N9

Quote Originally Posted by targnik View Post
    Any more feedback on this mule??

They sell this brand/model locally for me & the price is right i.e. a heap of bike for the a lot less cash than similarly spec'd bikes.

I'm considering pulling the trigger ^^
    Try to demo one if your LBS allows it, demo-ing is the best way to get a feel of the bike. I really love this bike for itís design - Polygon was smart to reduce complexity to near zero on this bike, although it should also be noted that itís on very safe geometry as well.
    For a 2019 model year design, I was surprised that the front and rear travel are the same, compared to quite a few other brands going with the longer travel fork trend.

Only disconcerting things re, this model are the Rhythm fork & overall weight...

Both are fixable o/c... Change out Rhythm for a Yari etc (doesn't help w/ weight, mind you).
    You could also add a MRP ramp control cartridge to improve the fork instead of replacing it entirely, but ultimately itís your choice.

Run some regular rubber, tubeless - to drop a chunk of weight. 2.8/2.6 Magic Mary's w/ tubes must weigh a ton!!

A regular 2.35 MM up front & a 2.35 Wild AM out back (my current go-to local setup)... add some sealant & BAM!!

That'd be close to a pound gone there o_0
    The 27.5x2.6Ē are only for sizes S to M, while the 29x2.35Ē are for M to XL, so it really depends on the frame size youíre getting to determine the tires you get. Thereís no 2.8Ē MM from what I recall, as they all use the same 30mm internal width for the stock rims.

Plus it has Eagle ^^ I'd surely be able to crawl up most things w/ that [currently on 11-42 w/ 30t Oval].

This bike looks very tempting ;-)

'Born to ride!'
    The eagle really helps with the climbs. Very much so for me as went from a 120mm 27.5 trail bike to a 160mm 29er enduro bike, the learning curve is steep for me, Iím still adjusting to the bike, lol.

mtbr member
    10x...

MRP Ramp Control could be a solid option... Normally (cheaper-ly) I'd run extra volume spacers ^^ as I do with my Yari on my 650b rig.

2.6 & 2.35 for MM's... that 2.6 weighs 1065g's + Schwalbe are notorious for listing weights below actual.

On my current 29er AM HT I'm running a 2.6 Butcher. It blows up about the same as my 27.5x2.35 MM. So, not a real 2.6 width... but, it's a bloody solid option out front ^^

Was originally in the market for a mid (140-ish) travel 29er... However, on my AM HT 29er - I can ride most types of trails. So a long travel 29er gives nice separation between bikes.

Think I'll play the waiting game & see if the price drops.

Re, demo... not possible as the bike is some 500km away.

'Born to ride!'
    "Mountain biking: the under-rated and drug-free antidepressant"