0 0%
  • This Year

3 14.29%
  • He will still be asking 29er questions this time next yr

18 85.71%
    mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Poll about 1-track-mind

Will he ever get a bike. Shouldn't we just all pitch in and get him a bike. We should change his name to 1-indecisive-mind.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by stilesp
    Will he ever get a bike. Shouldn't we just all pitch in and get him a bike. We should change his name to 1-indecisive-mind.
    Definitely covering his bases he is. But no problems, that's what the board is for, right? For reference:

<a href="showthread.php?t=156828">Buying 29ers sight unseen ?</a>
    <a href="showthread.php?t=163676">Full squish pricing</a>
    <a href="showthread.php?t=163313">1x9x29</a>
    <a href="showthread.php?t=163259">Big but quick?</a>
    <a href="showthread.php?t=163218">ss 29ers in NC</a>
    <a href="showthread.php?t=162730">First time 29er buyers</a>
    <a href="showthread.php?t=163091">The Chronicles of Ninera</a>
    <a href="showthread.php?t=162990">The plot thickens...</a>
    <a href="showthread.php?t=162091">Super Cal-Sugar 293</a>
    <a href="showthread.php?t=159512">Best 29er to minimize walking</a>
    <a href="showthread.php?t=157262">Dos Niner Hombres</a>
    <a href="showthread.php?t=156301">Question for 29er owners</a>
    <a href="showthread.php?t=158910">29 vs 26</a>
    <a href="showthread.php?t=158441">Inbred/Monocog/X-Caliber</a>
    <a href="showthread.php?t=157071">SS-29er connection</a>
    <a href="showthread.php?t=157871">Entry level 29ers for the masses</a>
    <a href="showthread.php?t=157287">Paragon/Dos Niner/293</a>
    <a href="showthread.php?t=156078">Cobia/X-Caliber/Paragon</a>
    <a href="showthread.php?t=156235">Fisher Montare</a>

And "stiles" ... you had to create a new userid to post anonymously didn't you? Come on now ...

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

It's funny really

I'm actually in the same boat as he is although I've pretty much made up my mind on the fisher paragon however I'm just waiting on the funds to come in the end of March. With all the posts that he made I didn't really have to make any. I'm usually just a lurker but I am sick with the flu and I just had to post as I'm bored to death laying on the couch. I actually haven't taken the test ride yet but my local shop has fisher 29ers that you can take for a day to demo which I will be doing when we get a good freeze and I don't have a temp. The last few days would have been perfect but not for a sick dude. I'm from Columbus, OH buy the way. I love all the good info that 1-track-mind has gotten from you guys but I just wanted to have a little fun with him. I'm sure he will understand.

Bored
    I'll bet Geologic time moves faster than his decision making process!
    MTBR is serious stuff.
    You never get better until you get out of your comfort zone.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005

Indecisive might be too kind...

My mom who arrived yesterday and is staying with us for a few days, walked by the computer last night while I was looking at a custom frame and asked if I was studying plumbing. I said, "no, Ma it's just a bike frame".
    She said without knowing my screen name, "You know, you have a one track mind".

Finally, found a bike shop with a 29er to demo in my size and relatively close, 2 hours away. I emailed the owner to ask if he could do a conversion for me while I waited if I decided to buy. He emailed back and asked why I was in such a hurry ?

I noticed a poster by the name of Joltz who waltzed into the 29er forum asking about Redline and Orbeas one day and buying an On-one the next. So, now when I get up every morning, I look in the mirror and chant "be like Joltz ".
    Friends of DuPont supporter

Jan 2006
    Hey 1-track. If the weather is good, well if it is just flurries etc. We are coming to Dark Mtn on Saturday at 12:30 is when our group is meeting, weather pending. I will have my Paragon there, w/ a on one rigid fork. I went full rigid because the big wheels just want it hahahaha. just kidding. If you can make it out you can ride mine, around etc. I use speedplay pedals but we can fiqure something out(pedal wrench) so you can really ride it on the trail. Oh well, I will let you know more tomorrow if it isn't snowing hahaha. later, JC

jl
    climb
    Quote Originally Posted by 1-track-mind
    I noticed a poster by the name of Joltz who waltzed into the 29er forum asking about Redline and Orbeas one day and buying an On-one the next. So, now when I get up every morning, I look in the mirror and chant "be like Joltz ".
    1-track-mind,

at your current posting rate, we'll have to add another sub-thread for just for you. 29er-Manufacturers, and 29er-1-track-mind ...

Here's the bottom line, pull the trigger. Before you know it you'll have traveled around the sun again and will still be pondering what would be the perfect buy. Maybe just riding something, and then getting something else is worth losing $200-$400... How much did you spend on 'entertainment' this week/month?

Here's a story of someone in your predicament almost 2 years ago...

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=55069
    We don't need more to be thankful for; we just need to be more thankful.

Work Shed...
    Bought a paragon, and I friggin love it! Go for it man! Completely stock it was 27.6 lbs.

I've got FSA bars,stem,seatpost, fizik gobi, and eggbeaters which lightened it up even more.

I saw that you were looking at the paragon, so I figured I'd throw that out there..

mtbr member
    Aug 2005

The Perfect buy

Quote Originally Posted by jl
    1-track-mind,

at your current posting rate, we'll have to add another sub-thread for just for you. 29er-Manufacturers, and 29er-1-track-mind ...

Here's the bottom line, pull the trigger. Before you know it you'll have traveled around the sun again and will still be pondering what would be the perfect buy. Maybe just riding something, and then getting something else is worth losing $200-$400... How much did you spend on 'entertainment' this week/month?

Here's a story of someone in your predicament almost 2 years ago...

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=55069
    Thanks.

Ironically, the perfect buy for me right now would be a 28 lb used Leviathan. Originally I was looking to spend $1300 max. Now I'm leaning towards bikes 2x as expensive. Who knows, in another month I may be thinking the Leviathan new price is doable. The thing that I like is that no one is bemoaning the price of high end 29ers, so they must be worth it. I remember thinking that i already got my money's worth after riding my new road bike for a month last fall.

I didn't spend much at all on entertainment the past month, because I was here on MTBR
    Friends of DuPont supporter

Members who have read this thread: 0