Please help- Mtbr.com

Thread: Please help

mtbr member
    Aug 2010

Please help

First off I have not ridden a bike for 10 years now so I am out of the loop on which bikes might be better. I will be using my new bike to ride on trails(up and down) and on the street. I am an aggressive person that always pushes everything to see how far I can take them. With that in mind I was recommended a 29er. Would this be the right bike for me? Some others had said get a full suspension bike. If the 29er is the way to go, I have narrowed the search down to these two bikes, which one would be better? Thanks!

2011 Specialized Rockhopper Pro 29er

2011 Trek Gray Fisher X-Caliber 29er

poser Administrator
    ride them both pick the one that suits your budget and desires. If they both feel fantastic pick the one you like best.

But test ride them before buying. Check around locally and see if anyone has one you can borrow and test. check your local forum here on mtbr in the regional forums to see what suits your locale.
    MTBR Posting Guidelines
    calories>electrons

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Definitely get a 29'er, but get a FS 29'er. If you are going to ride it really hard take a look at the Stumpjumper FSR 29. With 29'er wheels and 5" of travel on both ends it will take hard riding without beating you to death, yet still climbs very well and generally rides great.

Members who have read this thread: 0