Pipedream Moxie - Page 4- Mtbr.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Pipedream Moxie

Hisforever
    moxie airlines
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pipedream Moxie-hardtail-step-down.jpg  

Jesus Saves

Pipedream Moxie
    Orbea Rallon sb 130
    Transition Sentinel
    Evil Undead
    Yz 250

mtbr member
    Feb 2009

Rear tire touching the frame?

Hello, been riding the moxie for a couple weeks now, anybody noticed the rear tire rubbing the chainstay during heavy pedaling on high gear or heavy cornering? The rim is a Spank Oozy Trail 295 w/ 24.5mm inner width and the tire is a schwalbe rock razor 2.35.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pipedream Moxie-img_2752.jpg  

mtbr member
    I have a Hans Dampf 2.35 on a 30mm rim and have a bit of rubbing on the drive side chainstay.
    Formerly Travis Bickle

Team Robot. "modulation is code for “I suck at brake control.” Here’s a free tip: get better."

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Just an update, since the rock razor 2.35 was totally damaged during a recent ride, a maxxis highroller II 2.30 was installed. The rubbing is almost fully gone. Dropouts fully backed out, I did not mention that in my last message...

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    The chainstay rubbing was an issue on facebook, too. And the recommendation from Pipedream was to run 27,5plus wheels. Then I decided to buy an Pole Taival...

mtbr member
    Anyone know if they've improved the clearance with the updated Moxie??

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    From the website regarding the new Moxie:

"Quote"

Updated for 2019.

As wide profile 29er rims and tyres are now more easily available and more commonly used, the chainstays (CS) have been increased by 10mm in length to better accommodate them and create more CS/tyre clearance. The adjustable dropouts now offer CS lengths of 425-441mm (previously 415-431mm) so you can find that sweet-spot or run the bike single-speed if you’re really hardcore.

With most riders opting to use longer forks, the seat angle has been steepened. This shortens the effective top tube length (ETT) by approximately 13mm/0.5″ (without changing the reach) and keeps you more centrally positioned ‘in’ the bike instead of being pitched backwards with the longer fork. It also means your’e not as stretched-out while seated, giving greater control and manoeuvrability. With the steeper seat angle and shorter ETT we’ve been able to slacken the head angle for improved confidence in the steep stuff without compromising handling or the eMTB-like climbing abilities of the bike.

"Unquote"

I personally don't mind the reduced clearance. I took the time to properly micro-adjust the dropouts, mounted a tyre that suited the chain-stays, tightened up the rear wheel after the first few rides. Now it is flawless. The bike rides great. Next moves will be a second wheelset 27.5+ size, a proper remote for the DVO garnet cause the original one sucks, maybe a fork with reduced offset at 44mm instead of 51mm that I am running now.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234