Picture Friday 2/5/10, Fresh Produce edition...- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 56 of 56
  1. #1
    Hybrid Leftys aren't real Moderator
    Reputation: MendonCycleSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    16,031

    Picture Friday 2/5/10, Fresh Produce edition...

    Cool, I haven't gotten to start one of these in a while!

    Fresh from the field, in a fetching shade of blue too. Devins work as usual, the bee's knees......

    Happy Friday all
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Picture Friday 2/5/10, Fresh Produce edition...-lev-1.jpg  

    Picture Friday 2/5/10, Fresh Produce edition...-lev2.jpg  

    Picture Friday 2/5/10, Fresh Produce edition...-lev3.jpg  

    Picture Friday 2/5/10, Fresh Produce edition...-lev-full.jpg  

    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

    - FrostyStruthers



    www.mendoncyclesmith.com

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MMcG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    9,592
    That blue is gorgeous - but who did the tape job on the drive-side chainstay?

    They missed a few spots!

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bonesetter2004's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,848
    God that blue is just l-u-s-h

    The tape is just to hold the CS protector in place till it sets

  4. #4
    This place needs an enema
    Reputation: mikesee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    13,888
    <a href="https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/bHEQ92HrJArSYDXuFmb6lg?authkey=Gv1sRgCMXA3Yfxlre3e w&feat=embedwebsite"><img src="https://lh4.ggpht.com/_Z3iU73Uw_T8/S2w_4n9Rc7I/AAAAAAAAT2E/qFff1CDhg2A/s800/IMG_0073.JPG" /></a>

    Good weekend...

    MC

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: sikocycles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,618
    That is so nice looking. Makes me more and more want one.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,892
    Slushbuster..........
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Picture Friday 2/5/10, Fresh Produce edition...-valley-7-31__03.jpg  

    Picture Friday 2/5/10, Fresh Produce edition...-valley-7-31__04.jpg  


  7. #7
    Hybrid Leftys aren't real Moderator
    Reputation: MendonCycleSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    16,031
    Quote Originally Posted by Timo
    Slushbuster..........
    Holy mother of all things holy, how much freakin snow do you have? Toss some our way please! Within a few hours travel? They're getting pounded today, and here we sit, with perhaps 4 to 6 if I'm feeling generous, and yeah, that's inches......
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

    - FrostyStruthers



    www.mendoncyclesmith.com

  8. #8
    I'm attracted to Gravity!
    Reputation: campredcloudbikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    598



  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,892
    Quote Originally Posted by MendonCycleSmith
    Holy mother of all things holy, how much freakin snow do you have? Toss some our way please! Within a few hours travel? They're getting pounded today, and here we sit, with perhaps 4 to 6 if I'm feeling generous, and yeah, that's inches......
    We've certainly got our fair share this year - last big storm dumped 3.5-ft just in town.

    We've had a couple of roofs collapse in town too -

    <embed src='http://www.durangoherald.com/flvplayer.swf' height='385' width='640' allowscriptaccess='always' allowfullscreen='true' flashvars='file=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.durangoherald.com %2Fsections%2FNews%2F2010%2F01%2F30%2FRoof_collaps es_at_former_Boker_Lumber%2Fvideos%2Fboker.flv&vol ume=82&image=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.durangoherald.com%2F sections%2FNews%2F2010%2F01%2F30%2FRoof_collapses_ at_former_Boker_Lumber%2Fvideos%2Fthumb0.jpg&plugi ns=viral-1,gapro-1'/>

    http://www.durangoherald.com/section..._Boker_Lumber/

  10. #10
    don't try this at home
    Reputation: moschika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,601
    what are the top 2 mounting screws for under the down tube? I'm guessing the bottom 2 are for a bottle cage.
    will you rep me?

  11. #11
    Hybrid Leftys aren't real Moderator
    Reputation: MendonCycleSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    16,031
    Quote Originally Posted by moschika
    what are the top 2 mounting screws for under the down tube? I'm guessing the bottom 2 are for a bottle cage.
    Rear brake line routing clips.
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

    - FrostyStruthers



    www.mendoncyclesmith.com

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: turkish_sp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    230
    We've got plenty of water and some Sun.




    Tommy:It's for protection.
    Turkish:Protection from what . . . zee Germans?
    veintinuevepulgadas

  13. #13
    Bedwards Of The West
    Reputation: CommuterBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,451
    What's your gear ratio? I've been toying with the SS idea for my commuter, and I can't decide if 50/16 is reasonable...seems to be working. I'm in the Eastern Serras of CA...not unlike Durango in terms of terrain.
    You have no excuse for driving to work
    (unless you don't have studded tires)
    (no excuse for that either)

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,892
    Quote Originally Posted by CommuterBoy
    What's your gear ratio? I've been toying with the SS idea for my commuter, and I can't decide if 50/16 is reasonable...seems to be working. I'm in the Eastern Serras of CA...not unlike Durango in terms of terrain.
    I used to commute on that bike before I started working at home. Gear is set up for 46x17, which generally works better when road tires are on. Cruising speed is perfect on this for most places, but some of the steeper climbs up toward the ski area hurt a lot. BTW - the cog is actually green anodized and an old Kooka 8-speed with machined ramps. Photo does no justice here.

    I have another road bike set up for SS as well and 25c tires and there I run it a bit lite - 44x16. However I use that for training and the intent is to rest on the flats and sprint the hills for mock intervals so that gearing works really, really nice around here. I ran that bike 46x16 for a local century down here last July which is insanely fast and was way under geared. 50/16 probably would have been just right.

    Strange thing about single speed is that your drive train investment seems to be more $$ than geared if you run 1 gear on all types of bikes. So many combos, so few cogs......

  15. #15
    Occidental Tourist
    Reputation: YuriB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,563
    Somewhere out West.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Picture Friday 2/5/10, Fresh Produce edition...-ap1300039.jpg  

    Picture Friday 2/5/10, Fresh Produce edition...-ap1300066.jpg  

    Picture Friday 2/5/10, Fresh Produce edition...-ap1300075.jpg  

    Picture Friday 2/5/10, Fresh Produce edition...-ap1310210.jpg  

    Picture Friday 2/5/10, Fresh Produce edition...-ap1310236.jpg  

    This is just need to know information: Am i supposed to enjoy the irony or pity the sincerity?

  16. #16
    Kam
    Kam is offline
    A hopped on pop.
    Reputation: Kam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,397
    couple of shots from (one of the longer rides i've done in recent history) yesterday here in so cal....before the rain (and snow?) that came this way today....

    <img src=https://farm5.static.flickr.com/4002/4332647359_d1bb35edf3_b.jpg>
    <img src=https://farm5.static.flickr.com/4036/4332643461_6865467662_b.jpg>
    "forget kings...forget hadleys......they all have crap engagement. just run your bike fixed gear." - FoShizzle

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    136

    Snowy Paradise

    It's been a great week for riding up here in MN. Fresh snow and mild temps.

    Gnat
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Picture Friday 2/5/10, Fresh Produce edition...-snowy-paradise-snomobike.jpg  

    My website: Gnat Likes - Bicycles - Photography - Adventure - People
    Disclaimer: I work for Salsa Cycles

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: icecreamjay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,188
    Conditions have been absolutely perfect here in southeast New England, rock solid frozen trails, fast and indestructible. I took a trip over to Weetamoo Woods in Tiverton Rhode Island, definitely off the beaten path (for NE).

    I passed the oldest general store in the country on the way there. So they claim.

    <a href="https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/4333372388/" title="2010-01-31 008 by Ice Cream Jay, on Flickr"><img src="https://farm3.static.flickr.com/2717/4333372388_4195e7eb9b_b.jpg" width="1024" height="768" alt="2010-01-31 008" /></a>

    <a href="https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/4333375654/" title="2010-01-31 024 by Ice Cream Jay, on Flickr"><img src="https://farm3.static.flickr.com/2684/4333375654_2fc81ed263_b.jpg" width="768" height="1024" alt="2010-01-31 024" /></a>


    And here's an old sawmill site.

    <a href="https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/4332632387/" title="2010-01-31 015 by Ice Cream Jay, on Flickr"><img src="https://farm3.static.flickr.com/2746/4332632387_431f893bc4_b.jpg" width="1024" height="768" alt="2010-01-31 015" /></a>


    and just me and the pygmy pony, over by the dental floss bush ...

    <a href="https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/4333374378/" title="2010-01-31 036 by Ice Cream Jay, on Flickr"><img src="https://farm3.static.flickr.com/2659/4333374378_dd6d12d790.jpg" width="500" height="375" alt="2010-01-31 036" /></a>

  19. #19
    Bedwards Of The West
    Reputation: CommuterBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,451
    Thanks for the info Timo
    You have no excuse for driving to work
    (unless you don't have studded tires)
    (no excuse for that either)

  20. #20
    Harmonius Wrench
    Reputation: Guitar Ted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,254
    Packed snowmobile trails have been good. Pic taken Wednesday.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Picture Friday 2/5/10, Fresh Produce edition...-lynskeypro29-023.jpg  

    Riden' an Smilin'
    Guitar Ted

    Blog
    RidingGravel.com

  21. #21
    Bedwards Of The West
    Reputation: CommuterBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,451
    ^^ Did you ghostride the whip? If not, that's a long walk to get a footprint-less frame for the picture. Nice work either way.
    You have no excuse for driving to work
    (unless you don't have studded tires)
    (no excuse for that either)

  22. #22
    .......
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,707
    He just pushed it real hard.

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    463
    Sun came out today - almost springlike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Picture Friday 2/5/10, Fresh Produce edition...-jonesunderabridge.jpg  


  24. #24
    Kathleen in AZ
    Reputation: DurtGurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    5,178
    A new addition to my cowdog herd has been keeping me busy and off my bike I do hope to turn some DH or 29er wheels again this weekend !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Picture Friday 2/5/10, Fresh Produce edition...-2010-02-01.jpg  

    Picture Friday 2/5/10, Fresh Produce edition...-2010-02-01-03.jpg  

    Picture Friday 2/5/10, Fresh Produce edition...-2010-02-01-02.jpg  


  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pooman320's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    100

    my first photo friday from big sky country in a while

  26. #26
    "Its All Good"
    Reputation: Whafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10,683
    Top of Frontal Labotomy, Rotorua, New Zealand.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Picture Friday 2/5/10, Fresh Produce edition...-1-frontal-labot9.jpg  

    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

  27. #27
    .......................
    Reputation: ionsmuse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,049
    I haven't ridden a bike this week (other than around town). Snow was made for skis! And beer.

    <object width="600" height="338"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=9222690&amp;server=vimeo.com &amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portr ait=1&amp;color=ffffff&amp;fullscreen=1" /><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=9222690&amp;server=vimeo.com &amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portr ait=1&amp;color=ffffff&amp;fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="600" height="338"></embed></object>

    The new Lenz blue is pretty hot. I still like my matte blue, tho.

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,307
    Quote Originally Posted by icecreamjay
    Conditions have been absolutely perfect here in southeast New England, rock solid frozen trails, fast and indestructible. I took a trip over to Weetamoo Woods in Tiverton Rhode Island, definitely off the beaten path (for NE).

    I passed the oldest general store in the country on the way there. So they claim.

    <a href="https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/4333372388/" title="2010-01-31 008 by Ice Cream Jay, on Flickr"><img src="https://farm3.static.flickr.com/2717/4333372388_4195e7eb9b_b.jpg" width="1024" height="768" alt="2010-01-31 008" /></a>

    <a href="https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/4333375654/" title="2010-01-31 024 by Ice Cream Jay, on Flickr"><img src="https://farm3.static.flickr.com/2684/4333375654_2fc81ed263_b.jpg" width="768" height="1024" alt="2010-01-31 024" /></a>


    And here's an old sawmill site.

    <a href="https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/4332632387/" title="2010-01-31 015 by Ice Cream Jay, on Flickr"><img src="https://farm3.static.flickr.com/2746/4332632387_431f893bc4_b.jpg" width="1024" height="768" alt="2010-01-31 015" /></a>


    and just me and the pygmy pony, over by the dental floss bush ...

    <a href="https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/4333374378/" title="2010-01-31 036 by Ice Cream Jay, on Flickr"><img src="https://farm3.static.flickr.com/2659/4333374378_dd6d12d790.jpg" width="500" height="375" alt="2010-01-31 036" /></a>
    SICK!!!! used to ride there when i went to roger williams. once i saw that roller pic i knew something was very familiar. good stuff brings back memories

  29. #29
    R.I.P. DogFriend
    Reputation: jeffj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,887
    Not many people can make an XL 29er frame look to be on the small side. . . . .

    It's not me, I'm not that 'boney'. I'm more likely to make the tires want to cry




  30. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffj
    Not many people can make an XL 29er frame look to be on the small side. . . . .

    It's not me, I'm not that 'boney'. I'm more likely to make the tires want to cry



    Is that Larry Bird?

  31. #31
    R.I.P. DogFriend
    Reputation: jeffj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,887
    Quote Originally Posted by Dankie
    Is that Larry Bird?
    Well, he has been known to do a bit of squawking at times. . . . .
    Last edited by jeffj; 02-05-2010 at 08:16 PM.

  32. #32
    TR
    TR is offline
    Angry bunny
    Reputation: TR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,948
    Got the new bike out for a ride in Brisbane QLD Australia.


  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    917
    Quote Originally Posted by ionsmuse
    I haven't ridden a bike this week (other than around town). Snow was made for skis! And beer.

    <object width="600" height="338"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=9222690&amp;server=vimeo.com &amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portr ait=1&amp;color=ffffff&amp;fullscreen=1" /><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=9222690&amp;server=vimeo.com &amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portr ait=1&amp;color=ffffff&amp;fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="600" height="338"></embed></object>

    The new Lenz blue is pretty hot. I still like my matte blue, tho.
    Very cool although those are hops not pine cones. I'm a brewer so I know!
    OB1 Kielbasa

    One is good!

  34. #34
    Cracker
    Reputation: thecrackerasscracker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    963
    Got out to ride yesterday before the 24 to 30" of snow we are still getting
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Picture Friday 2/5/10, Fresh Produce edition...-php59nmr4am.jpg  

    It might get a little steep from here

  35. #35
    Hybrid Leftys aren't real Moderator
    Reputation: MendonCycleSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    16,031
    Quote Originally Posted by Whafe
    Top of Frontal Labotomy, Rotorua, New Zealand.....
    Are the needles from that tree like a foot long???? It looks like the tree is covered in windblown dried grass.....
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

    - FrostyStruthers



    www.mendoncyclesmith.com

  36. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation: sikocycles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,618
    Quote Originally Posted by icecreamjay
    Conditions have been absolutely perfect here in southeast New England, rock solid frozen trails, fast and indestructible. I took a trip over to Weetamoo Woods in Tiverton Rhode Island, definitely off the beaten path (for NE).

    I passed the oldest general store in the country on the way there. So they claim.

    <a href="https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/4333372388/" title="2010-01-31 008 by Ice Cream Jay, on Flickr"><img src="https://farm3.static.flickr.com/2717/4333372388_4195e7eb9b_b.jpg" width="1024" height="768" alt="2010-01-31 008" /></a>

    <a href="https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/4333375654/" title="2010-01-31 024 by Ice Cream Jay, on Flickr"><img src="https://farm3.static.flickr.com/2684/4333375654_2fc81ed263_b.jpg" width="768" height="1024" alt="2010-01-31 024" /></a>


    And here's an old sawmill site.

    <a href="https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/4332632387/" title="2010-01-31 015 by Ice Cream Jay, on Flickr"><img src="https://farm3.static.flickr.com/2746/4332632387_431f893bc4_b.jpg" width="1024" height="768" alt="2010-01-31 015" /></a>


    and just me and the pygmy pony, over by the dental floss bush ...

    <a href="https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/4333374378/" title="2010-01-31 036 by Ice Cream Jay, on Flickr"><img src="https://farm3.static.flickr.com/2659/4333374378_dd6d12d790.jpg" width="500" height="375" alt="2010-01-31 036" /></a>
    Place looks great and I like the Zappa

  37. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    264
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffj
    Not many people can make an XL 29er frame look to be on the small side. . . . .

    It's not me, I'm not that 'boney'. I'm more likely to make the tires want to cry



    Yeah, every time a frame mfg. see's these kind of pics with BIG guys riding, that has to make them cringe and hope the welds were perfect...saw a guy on the trail that was on a Monocog XL and he made it look like a small toy.
    I like big bars and I cannot lie

  38. #38
    mtbr member
    Reputation: JSumner13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,586
    Quote Originally Posted by icecreamjay
    Conditions have been absolutely perfect here in southeast New England, rock solid frozen trails, fast and indestructible. I took a trip over to Weetamoo Woods in Tiverton Rhode Island, definitely off the beaten path (for NE).

    I passed the oldest general store in the country on the way there. So they claim.

    <a href="https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/4333372388/" title="2010-01-31 008 by Ice Cream Jay, on Flickr"><img src="https://farm3.static.flickr.com/2717/4333372388_4195e7eb9b_b.jpg" width="1024" height="768" alt="2010-01-31 008" /></a>

    <a href="https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/4333375654/" title="2010-01-31 024 by Ice Cream Jay, on Flickr"><img src="https://farm3.static.flickr.com/2684/4333375654_2fc81ed263_b.jpg" width="768" height="1024" alt="2010-01-31 024" /></a>


    And here's an old sawmill site.

    <a href="https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/4332632387/" title="2010-01-31 015 by Ice Cream Jay, on Flickr"><img src="https://farm3.static.flickr.com/2746/4332632387_431f893bc4_b.jpg" width="1024" height="768" alt="2010-01-31 015" /></a>


    and just me and the pygmy pony, over by the dental floss bush ...

    <a href="https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/4333374378/" title="2010-01-31 036 by Ice Cream Jay, on Flickr"><img src="https://farm3.static.flickr.com/2659/4333374378_dd6d12d790.jpg" width="500" height="375" alt="2010-01-31 036" /></a>


    I haven't ridden Weetamoo in a few years. Fun place for a ride with a ton of history. I remember the violet trail being a blast

  39. #39
    trail rat
    Reputation: slocaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,820

    Dawn Patrol

    Out at oh! dark thirty before work and before the next round of El Nino whammo.

    <a href="https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/eS_18fx2QtOhvU0HaLEL0w?feat=embedwebsite"><img src="https://lh4.ggpht.com/_rrYqLPGLdY4/S2sKQAs0F1I/AAAAAAAAGRI/eBAaMSRqMJs/s800/P2041205.JPG" /></a>

    <a href="https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/ldvCeMsJ8sCLtgKandtIWA?feat=embedwebsite"><img src="https://lh4.ggpht.com/_rrYqLPGLdY4/S2sKRZprw6I/AAAAAAAAGRQ/o0UDXWKW2g0/s800/P2041207.JPG" /></a>

    I will not tell you folks who choose to live in winter what the temps are in CA in early Feb., for your own good.

    A few days before we did some creek crossing armoring.

    <a href="https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/hJSde4A61LSbUS-wk90FFg?feat=embedwebsite"><img src="https://lh6.ggpht.com/_rrYqLPGLdY4/S2sJ6DrSwgI/AAAAAAAAGQs/6rNHe_bhXLY/s800/P2021204.JPG" /></a>

    This normally just trickles, now it is flowing!

    <a href="https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/BX1UAUYUWoOOwOtqNXAnig?feat=embedwebsite"><img src="https://lh6.ggpht.com/_rrYqLPGLdY4/S2sJ-XGJopI/AAAAAAAAGQ8/T4aHBAhNiWo/s400/P2041211.JPG" /></a>
    "The physician heals, Nature makes well" - real fortune cookie

    CCCMB trail work for trail access - SLO, CA

  40. #40
    bicycle rider
    Reputation: morganfletcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,718
    Quote Originally Posted by GnatBikes
    It's been a great week for riding up here in MN. Fresh snow and mild temps.

    Gnat

    I really like that photo! Chiaroscuro

    Morgan

  41. #41
    "Its All Good"
    Reputation: Whafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10,683
    Quote Originally Posted by MendonCycleSmith
    Are the needles from that tree like a foot long???? It looks like the tree is covered in windblown dried grass.....
    Yep, some of the pine needles are a foot long, but not the norm..... At times they can be interesting to ride, am talking when it is a thick mat of needles.....

    Always an interesting time of the year for me, see all the snow etc in North America and Europe, with it being full on summer here.....
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

  42. #42
    Hybrid Leftys aren't real Moderator
    Reputation: MendonCycleSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    16,031
    Quote Originally Posted by Whafe
    Yep, some of the pine needles are a foot long, but not the norm..... At times they can be interesting to ride, am talking when it is a thick mat of needles.....

    Always an interesting time of the year for me, see all the snow etc in North America and Europe, with it being full on summer here.....
    That's cool. What kind of tree??

    I know, the whole, it's summer somewhere right now while it's snowing thing is pretty tough to wrap ones head around. Thanks for the pics!
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

    - FrostyStruthers



    www.mendoncyclesmith.com

  43. #43
    banned
    Reputation: cruso414's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,101
    Quote Originally Posted by TR
    Got the new bike out for a ride in Brisbane QLD Australia.

    That is one of the sweetest frames I have seen in a while, James does some beautiful things with ti. Congrats on the new frame TR.

  44. #44
    "Its All Good"
    Reputation: Whafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10,683
    Quote Originally Posted by MendonCycleSmith
    That's cool. What kind of tree??

    I know, the whole, it's summer somewhere right now while it's snowing thing is pretty tough to wrap ones head around. Thanks for the pics!
    That specific tree is a Pinus Radiata, it is the main forestry tree in New Zealand, rapid grower and can be harvested in some 16 - 20 years.... A useless piece of information, but NZ had the largest man made forest in the world, some 160,000 Ha's (for you acre fella's 395,000 acres)

    More trees, these ones are Redwoods......

    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

  45. #45
    Team Awesome
    Reputation: playpunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    974
    Quote Originally Posted by DurtGurl
    A new addition to my cowdog herd has been keeping me busy and off my bike I do hope to turn some DH or 29er wheels again this weekend !
    All sorts of ornery herding dogs! My BC/Cattle Dog mix is trying to pull my wife's socks off - oh wait, she just got the sock.

  46. #46
    ADIDAB
    Reputation: Steve_N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    577
    Quote Originally Posted by MendonCycleSmith
    Cool, I haven't gotten to start one of these in a while!

    Fresh from the field, in a fetching shade of blue too. Devins work as usual, the bee's knees......

    Happy Friday all
    Schweeeeet... Can't wait to get that in my hot little hands!
    My LBS | Riding this and this

  47. #47
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bionicman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    517
    Quote Originally Posted by thecrackerasscracker
    Got out to ride yesterday before the 24 to 30" of snow we are still getting

    wicked

  48. #48
    mtbr member
    Reputation: smelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    827
    Quote Originally Posted by slocaus
    I will not tell you folks who choose to live in winter what the temps are in CA in early Feb., for your own good.
    That's fine. I won't tell you how good the riding is when it's sub 20 degrees with no humidity, bugs, or other riders on the trails. But here's a hint: it's

    It never ceases to amaze me how warm one stays while riding a bike, and how fun it is to have varying conditions throughout the year.

  49. #49
    Hybrid Leftys aren't real Moderator
    Reputation: MendonCycleSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    16,031
    Quote Originally Posted by smelly
    That's fine. I won't tell you how good the riding is when it's sub 20 degrees with no humidity, bugs, or other riders on the trails. But here's a hint: it's

    It never ceases to amaze me how warm one stays while riding a bike, and how fun it is to have varying conditions throughout the year.

    Preach it brother, preach it

    Not that I'm opposed to nice weather, but changes of season, and varying conditions make for a really awesome trail experience.

    I'll keep my muddy, snowy, sometimes dry, rocky, rooty, firm packed loamy loveliness. And yeah, experiencing the fact that I can keep me warm in 5 degrees simply by moving my legs? Pretty cool.
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

    - FrostyStruthers



    www.mendoncyclesmith.com

  50. #50
    Hybrid Leftys aren't real Moderator
    Reputation: MendonCycleSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    16,031
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve_N
    Schweeeeet... Can't wait to get that in my hot little hands!
    It's waiting for you, though I can't say how patiently, it looks like it wants to go ride, NOW
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

    - FrostyStruthers



    www.mendoncyclesmith.com

  51. #51
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    7,930
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffj
    Not many people can make an XL 29er frame look to be on the small side. . . . .

    It's not me, I'm not that 'boney'. I'm more likely to make the tires want to cry




    I wouldn't mind calling you Biggest Loser if we could lay off the Fat Pills and Bacon Explosion sandwiches.

  52. #52
    R.I.P. DogFriend
    Reputation: jeffj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,887
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyBoy
    I wouldn't mind calling you Biggest Loser if we could lay off the Fat Pills and Bacon Explosion sandwiches.
    I'm sorry. All I heard was "s-q-u-a-w-k, s-q-u-a-w-k, s-q-u-a-w-k, bacon explosion (that part was crystal clear), s-q-u-a-w-k, s-q-u-a-w-k, s-q-u-a-w-k, s-q-u-a-w-k. . . . ."

  53. #53
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    7,930
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffj
    I'm sorry. All I heard was "s-q-u-a-w-k, s-q-u-a-w-k, s-q-u-a-w-k, bacon explosion (that part was crystal clear), s-q-u-a-w-k, s-q-u-a-w-k, s-q-u-a-w-k, s-q-u-a-w-k. . . . ."
    Don't short out your keyboard drooling over this Bad Boy!


  54. #54
    R.I.P. DogFriend
    Reputation: jeffj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,887
    Too la. . . . . bzzzzzt. . . . .bzzzzzzzzzzzzzt. . . .

  55. #55
    mtbr member
    Reputation: sikocycles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,618
    Hurry up and build that Lenz

  56. #56
    Hybrid Leftys aren't real Moderator
    Reputation: MendonCycleSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    16,031
    Quote Originally Posted by sikocycles
    Hurry up and build that Lenz
    Love to, but it's going to the land down under, got a date with some koalas and a vegemite sandwich
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

    - FrostyStruthers



    www.mendoncyclesmith.com

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.